Long Arm Quilting Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Arm Quilting Machines

Would love a tutorial on long arm quilting machines for the home. There are lots of choices out there and it would be great to get some advice. It's a large purchase and one doesn't want to make a mistake. For example, I need a frame that is fairly easy to set up. On u-tube, some of them look really complicated. Long arm machines are extremely expensive. Using a sewing machine is preferable, but how difficult are they to use as opposed to the long arm? Any info. would be much appreciated. I see yours in the background of your videos and wonder how you decided what to purchase.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: Long Arm Quilting Machines

Hi Rebecca, I bought a longarm at the beginning of this year. I had been kind of thinking about it and then there was a "quilt show" in the next town that I went to and I saw 2 set up and got to try them. I ended up buying the The salesman delivered it and set it up for me. I bought it with the stitch regulartor but with out the robotics of course making it a lot less expensive. I would say though that I opted for the slightly older version that had the controls in the middle of the handle. The new ones have controls on the tips of the handles so you don't have to move your hands to stop and start. This saved me about a thousand dollars and after having used it , i;m not sure I would do that again. This website that I am including the link to is a wealth of information. I wish I had seen it before buying mine. I might have made other decissions. Another place to look at before making a decission is quiltfrog.com. They included classes/retreats with a purchase from them. I hope this helps you. If you want more info or want to know about websites for pantograms and rulers and such, pm me. I'll be happy to share. http://www.mqresource.com/forum/index.php

Comment

Thanks so much for the information, Karen. Have fun over the holidays!!!
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Thank you both so much for the Q & A I'm considering a longarm and tried many out at the IQF-Houston last year, but haven't written the check yet!
        LoL Karen, it's quite a drive to the next town from Deming! I went to HS & College in NM, quite a few of the Mining Engineering majors were from that area, made quite a few trips that way.

Comment

Working...
        X