Pin Cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin Cushion

In the video with Jenny and Annie, the pin cushion by the machine is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Will you show us how to make one via video or, are they in the shop for purchase?! I SO need one!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Re: Pin Cushion

Bridgette, I think that is just two squares sew together and stuffed with cotton and tie a ribbon around it tight. Put a button in the middle. Got it? If not let me know. Glad to help.
    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
      In the video with Jenny and Annie, the pin cushion by the machine is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
      Now I'm curious, can you give alink to the turorial so I can have a sticky beak, or the name of the tutorial.
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I think it's this one Bridgette's thinking of. You get the best shot around 3 mins

Quilting through the dull times
        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Thankyou Jill, and that is a nice pincushion, I often don't notice these little details as I'm so focussed on what Jenny is doing, perhaps I need to watch them more often so I can take in all the details.

That pincusion is two squares that have either been boxed or gussetted and as said, quartered with a pretty ribbon that is secured in the centre, simple but very effective.
          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I know I have seen that pattern somewhere! I checked the Moda Bake Shop and they have some kind of like that but not quite as big. Will have to check when I get home, might be in a magazine I have.
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

http://paperstringcloth.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html

Blondie try this link ...i made this this morning and its cute
              One Moment at a time

Comment

OOh! Oooh! OOOH! Thank you ladies SO MUCH! I knew you could help me! Yes, Lynn, the video that JR posted is the one I'm referring too.

HOW CUTE IS THAT PIN CUSHION, OMG!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the link! I'm going to use the fabric I won in the Fall Into Fall Giveaway, PERFECT! OOOH! this is so exciting!

Thank you again, all of you, so very much!
                Last edited by RockyMountainHorseMama; October 26, 2010, 11:05 AM.
                *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Great ideas thank you so much for posting the video too.
                  Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

i think i need to make one or five of these...
                    all the best
                    Gina

Comment

Me too, Gina
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

just made 3 of um... pictures later... i think i will have kids make these for craft show....at mt daughters school.///
                        all the best
                        Gina

Comment

I made 3 of these type of pin cushions a few months back, but used circles instead of squares. When tied off with crochet thread, instead of ribbon, it looks like a giant flower. I made them in coordinating fabric to match the machine covers, etc. to my sewing room. I used crushed walnut shells to stuff. This makes them heavy, but is suppose to help keep the pins sharp. Love them! Suzy Que

Comment

yep... my three... crushed walnut hummm
                            all the best
                            Gina

Comment

Oh man! You girls are awesome!! I love the pincushions! Great blog, paper.string.cloth!

You got me all excited to make some pincushions too!! You never can have to many, right!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X