Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnetic Light on Sewing Machine with Computers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnetic Light on Sewing Machine with Computers.

Is it safe to put a magnetic light on a computerized sewing machine? I need more light.

Also what about the magnetic needle holders

Thanks
    Snickers :icon_hi:

Re: Magnetic Light on Sewing Machine with Computers.

I was told not to put a magnet anywhere near a computerized machine. It could wipe it out. Maybe our computer guy on the forum could tell us if that is true. What say you Bill?
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Ok here's the guff on this one...I consulted my trusty technical person...I also remembered that I shouldn't but not why. Apparently it is only a problem where there is magnetic memory storage ie floppy discs and the like. Since the computer board on our machines are pretty much all IC's (integrated circuits) there should not be a problem. BUT if your machine is an embroidery unit then it may be a problem as many of the memory cards that the designs are on are magnetic based memory.

I guess the bottom line is don't put magnets near your machine if you can avoid it. Happy for Bill to correct me if this is not right.
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thanks for your help
        Snickers :icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
        X