Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Conversation Between bec and Loonwatcher

19 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Nancy...i forgot to tell you that I made my strap about 48 inches long (finished length) so that I could wear it cross-body. I like my hands free. My fabric was wider than normal quilt fabric. I'm thinking it is some kind of canvas which is a nice weight for the purse. I got it at Walmart. Oh, I just remembered...I also used fusible fleece on the lining part to give the purse a little more body and on the pocket and the strap, too. I guess it would depend on the fabric whether or not you would need the fusible fleece. Have fun making it!
  2. I hope the purse works out for you. Don't forget to post pics!
  3. Thank you so much for the info and the links. This looks like the perfect little bag. I want one to use as a purse when I travel and is small enough to stuff into my carry-on tote for the plane. If I can get my act together, I can have it for the fall get together.
  4. Thanks for the compliment. the purse pattern is easy, but I made some changes.

1. I added a zipper.
    2. I made the lining in two pieces, so I could have a seam to sew my zipper into and then I used the main purse fabric for the part above the zipper.
    3. The original pattern has you sew the purse handle to the outside. I sewed it into the seam.

Original pattern (Free!) Buttercup Bag Sewing Pattern

Recessed zipper tutorial Recessed Zipper Tutorial Sewing Novice | Sewing Novice - A beginner's resource for learning to sew.

Tutorial for putting a zipper into the buttercup bag. TUTORIAL - Alterations to the FREE Buttercup Bag Pattern - PURSES, BAGS, WALLETS

The pattern is small, especially with a recessed zipper. You may want to enlarge it.
  5. Thanks Nancy! I made that for my nephew when he was born. It's a really easy pattern and I think the colors of the 30's reproduction fabric worked well with it. Glad you liked it.
  6. Oops! I think I sent you the PM twice!
  7. Hi Bec. I do still have a shop on Etsy but it currently has nothing in it. I stole everything for Christmas presents. I really need to get busy and make some inventory to list....ASAP. Thanks for asking. Check back in a month or so......it's NancyM Originals.
  8. Hi Nancy! Are you still selling things on etsy. I went to visit your site and couldn't find it.
  9. Thanks Nancy for letting me know about the labels. I bought a Pigma pen and will probably just use that.
  10. Bec re labels:

I print them on my inkjet printer. But someone told me that would wash out or fade and to write over them with the Pigma pens which are permanent. So that's what I do and why some of it looks like double image, because I didn't outline well but the printer part will wash out eventually.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast