Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Conversation Between JCY and WendyI

4 Visitor Messages

1. Hi, Wendy ~ Re: thread - If you buy Superior thread, King Tut is the best, IMO. However, you'll need to specify a color. (There are color charts on their web site.) Do you want the thread for just piecing or for FMQ? I've recently been using Signature machine quilting thread. A 3,000 yds. cone of single color costs $9.00. It's 40 wt. The King Tut also is 40 wt. & comes in all those lovely blended colors. Signature also comes in 2 color blends, but the cones are $15. I stocked up from Juke Box Quilts, a vendor at the Rocky Mtn. Quilt Festival. Their shop is in Ft. Collins. I've also use YLI, but it is more linty. I was told its weight, even though is says 40 wt. on the label, is actually closer to 30 wt. For piecing, I buy a large cone of "eggshell" color, cotton thread from my LQS. Hope your friend can find you some good thread. JCY
  2. JCY Thanks for your comments about my smile. I am doing MUCH better now and living a more "mindful" life! That pic of me was taken at a happier time to be sure. Sorry it took me so long to reply (if I didn't already? memory is soooo bad lately!) You are sweet to mention it! xox
  3. Awwww...thanks! That pic was taken quite some time ago when I was in a very happy place and with great friends camping. I just came back to work last week after my last depressive episode but things are definitely much better now. I'm in a program that's teaching me to live in the NOW and it's working very well for me. I'm also medicated though so not sure if that's part of it! Thanks for your message...you're a doll.
    Wendy xox
  4. Hi, Wendy ~ I just wanted to let you know I like your smile in your picture. It seems like I remember in the past you made mention of some depression problems. I hope things are better now. I just wanted to wish you a good day. God bless, Joy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4