Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Conversation Between quilter.martha and Sewbee

4 Visitor Messages

1. Martha I hope you are feeling better. Check-in when you can and give us an update. Still keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.
  2. Martha that is just fantastic! I could not do freehand feathers like that! Plain meandering, loop de loops and circles is as far as I have gotten with my FMQ so far. You motivate me to start practicing feathers and other designs too Are you using a domestic sewing machine for your FMQ? I'm finding it a challenge to FMQ nice long flowing lines when I have limited space I can move the quilt easily through. That's one of the reasons I bought the Flynn Frame system at Paducah last month so I can have a larger work space for FMQ on my sewing machine. I need to find time to practice with it more though to get better at moving the quilt smoothly under the needle. Let me know any secrets you have....your feathers look so beautiful!
  3. Hi Linda: Thanks for your comments on my album. A compliment coming from you goes a long way--your work is fantastic! But, to answer your question, no I didn't use a template to do my feathers. I just drew out the line for the stem and them winged it from there. Feathers are actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. I just love the look of feathers!
  4. Thanks Martha for the kind comments on my Iron Quilter entry quilt! It was a fun project for me and I learned a lot along the way. Loved looking at your albums too...you have some beautiful work there!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4