Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Conversation Between Sheena and bec

3 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks again Sheena for you kind words. I love those 30's prints. They make such pretty "happy" quilts. As far as the points or corners. I had to work at it. Those tiny squares don't leave much room for easing in fabric so that points will match. I think I ripped out more than I stitched...if that is possible! LOL

If you had asked me while I was in the midst of making the quilt, I probably would have let you have it!!!
  2. Hi Sheena, thanks for the compliment. The quilt with the daisy looking quilting and triangles all over is the Dresden Flower Garden, but is the back side of it. I actually drew the design on the quilt and then quilted it. The one that you referred to as the bluish one was the back of the Crossroads quilt. I drew that design as well. The difference is that I quilted the Crossroads quilt with the back of the quilt facing up and quilted the Dresden Flower Garden from the top. Thanks for looking!
  3. Sheena, thanks for the compliment on my Dresden Flower Garden quilt. The fabrics are what is referred to as 1930 reproduction prints. The ones in the quilt are from different manufacturers and I bought them as yardage from my local quilt store. I love them. The baby quilt in my album (the one with the tiny triangles) is made from 30's reproduction prints as well. Those prints were all from a charm pack that I ordered from MSQC a long time ago. Glad you enjoyed the quilt.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3