Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Conversation Between AlohaSandy and BellasQuilts

4 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Sandy, I drew these on. But I have an attachment on my walking foot that lets me draw one line down the middle and then use the seam guide to do the rest without having to draw them.
  2. I was born and raised in Santa Barbara and my husbands family is from there also. My son lives on Valerio Street and works at the Courthouse he also was born and raised in SB. We will be comming to the mainland in July but won't have time to come home since we are going to Disney, Sea World, etc. but would love to still keep in touch.
  3. Just saw your son lives in Santa Barbara and is expecting. If you come to the area, I work in Santa Barbara but live in Santa Ynez. Would be fun to meet someone from the forum!
  4. Instead of attaching the binding to the front and handstitching to the back, I sewed it to the back and then used one of the fancy stitches on my machine to attach the binding to the front. It is not easy as you want it to also hit in the right place on the back (which mine did not many times) and if you don't make the stitches wide enough, it will just chug a lug doing its own thing. I am now trying much simpler stitches so I can learn how to get it to look equally as good as the front. Takes practice, I can see that.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4