PDA

View Full Version : Is it Wednesday already?

Blondie
May 30th, 2012, 08:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/148923_337275759679083_173300406076620_845291_1601 62273_n.jpg

Happy Day folksies!

Love holidays - don't they always mess up the calendar in your head? It doesn't feel like Wednesday. Heckfire, yesterday felt like a Monday. Le Sigh. That means I have to work tomorrow. OY. I have so enjoyed this particular holiday; probably the most of any in the past several years. I am not sure why exactly but who cares.

The weather is being predictable and so are the weather folks being so predictably wrong for the most part. Bubby, hope y'all get some rain. We are sure missing a good chance around here! Lots of clouds, thunder and zoom it is gone. I may be outside in the garden for a while. Hubs is in between his school year job and his summer job. So . . . guess who gets to be my whip cracker? He did let me sleep in this morning, sweet man, but oh he is itching to do things outside. As long as it is overcast and a bit cooler that is fine with me.

Anyone reading this who hasn't signed up for the Pinne Swap - head on over to the group and sign up. Don't worry about any perfection. Good grief. Obviously y'all don't know my work very well. The whole purpose is to have fun. To share a wee bit of yourself, your imagination and your love for MSQC. Like I said, fun!

Enjoy your day and smile!!

buckeyequilter
May 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Good morning...

Yep it's Wednesday - the work week is moving right along.

Going to work on files today. Then when I get home - I have some cleaning to do upstairs so DH can get to the painting and such. This house collects so much dust, it's unbelieveable. I want to get the cleaning finished up before I get back to my sewing room.

I'm putting the binding on the camo quilt....will take a few days since I do a little each evening. DH loves the quilt - my brother from SC saw it and wants one so I'll be making him one, he said he'd pay for it but his birthday is in August so I think I'll just send it to him with a birthday card.

Have a wonderful day....prayers and hugs to everyone!

CrazyMtnLady
May 30th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Good morning. Got rudely awakened this morning by DH turning on the t.v. to the weather station. And then....POOF.... the electricity went out! We got some much needed rain and it is still lightly sprinkling. The power company has been notified that the power is out so hopefully we will soon be back in the light. Luckily I have a gas stove and was able to make my coffee (I use an old camping coffee pot) I miss my Bunn coffee maker but this is fine.
My laptop has over 3 hours of battery left so I am good. I may just take it into the bedroom and lay back down and pop in an old John Wayne movie and just relax.
The horses are all jittery this morning and the cats are meowing a lot. I don't understand why just a little rain would bother them so much. We went out to put the horses in the small corral so the power company can get to the transformer in the pasture if they need to, and the horses acted so scared. I gave them treats and they calmed down. DH talked to the power company and they said it was more then just us so it probably isn't our transformer so we could let the horses back out to the pasture because they probably won't need to get to our's. :) The rain sure has cooled things down also which is nice.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers.

buckeyequilter
May 30th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Donna....I hope your power is restored soon. Our power goes off when the wind blows LOL....it's better than it used to be but it still goes out more than what I think it should. And I know exactly what you mean by "rude awakening"...my DH does the same thing and I think he has it at top volume. Enjoy your movie.

cyndiofthevortex
May 30th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone,

We had some nice thunder and lightning last night and some rain my gardens really needed. DH covered my just-opening peonies with garbage cans so they wouldn't all be on the ground this morning. I have the kind with the giant pink blossoms and they can only take just a bit of water before they are all lying flat on the ground. It was fun to pick up the cans and voila! there they are all nice and standing. I'm going to have a riot of them this week. My late mom loved them so I always think of her as I love them too.

Today I'm going with a friend to Marden's where they just got in a lot of new batiks. I need somthing to bind DD's wedding quilt. I got 1/4 of it quilted yesterday! Why oh why do I put things off because I think I'm not up to finishing the job? Only SITD but it's going to be beautiful. And only seven years late!

Please pray for Kayla and Lily, two little girls DD has cared for. Five years old and Kayla identifies herself saying, "I'm a foster child." Pray that she sees herself as a child of God, a beautiful, important, valued child who right now needs a safe home to stay in where she is loved and wanted. This one breaks my heart, as some of them do.

meemeecyn
May 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Good morning, Fellow Quilters! Haven't been on too much lately.....finally finished painting and covering 3 benches for a 60 inch round table at our place up north. My Dad built it in the late 60's and painted it bright red for use under the trees. We've only used it inside, but decided it was time to redo it and I think he would have been proud with the results. The 'upholstery' process was quite a learning experience!

Cyndi.....Mardens??? You lucky dog! Great place to find deals. Thoughts of your little girls will continue. Such a loving thing for your daughter to do for them.......all kids need love and care.

Blondie...hope DH doesn't crack the whip too much! (unless it's 'sew' you can sew!!! hehe) Will check out the pinnie swap. Sounds like fun.

Have a good day, y'all!
Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
May 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Just had to pop back in and share this funny with you all. Got it in my e-mail from a friend.

A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with this see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just pitched a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that! The teenager tells her 'Loosen up Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rose buds show!' And out she goes. The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate.. The grandmother says, 'Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rose buds, then I can display my hanging baskets.

Happy Gardening.. (This is too funny not to share!)

Don't mess with a Senior Citizen

brittyboo07
May 30th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good morning!!! I am back from my extended holiday weekend! I must say it was lovely and I am somewhat rested. I must be since I woke up at 7 this morning.

We had a bad storm here yesterday trees are down everywhere. The whole side fell out of one of my Granny's trees. We did not have much damage at all here at our house. Lots of sticks in the yard now and one big branch. But... we lost power about 5pm last night and it didnt come back on till almost 12:30am. Needless to say we had to venture out for dinner lol. We ended up in Springfield and saw the worst tree damage on the way over there I would say there were about 20-25 huge trees uprooted! Also lots of corn damage. Coming home we went a different direction to see what damage was that way and decided to take a one lane road over to the next major road and see what kind of damage was over there. STOP!!!! Huge tree blocking the road and my crazy uncle wanted to go under it! My granny was about to have a fit (we were in her car haha). So we had to back up a good bit before we could turn around. When we did we noticed the corn field and the corn was not just laying over it was broken! That will be an insurance claim im sure. Glad it was not ours but hate to see that for any farm family. After 3 different routes we made it home to still no power! Had to open the windows and fall asleep in the silence of the bugs and the light of the moon/stars what there was lol.

As far as I know there was no major damage other than trees and nobody was hurt to my knowledge. Of course I havent seen the news yet so I could be wrong. The funny thing was I was in the apartment painting when this storm hit and I couldnt hear a thing! I am beyond excited that storms will most likely not wake me up again once we get moved in! We are mostly underground so I have my safe place for storms!!!!

We are headed out to take the cat to the vet for a procedure today. She has some kind of obstruction in her throat we think its a polup. So they are going to do a scope on her sometime this morning after we get her there. Then hubby and I are headed to McMinnville, Tn to have lunch with a friend and put flowers out on his Grandmothers grave. She would have been 100 yesterday!

That leads me to tonight... SEWING!!!! As long as we have power lol! I had planned on sewing last night but it did not happen.

Yall have a splendid day! I will catch back up this afternoon/evening!!!!!

EnumclawGramma
May 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
LOL Donna! Thanks for sharing that! ! Too funny!

Wednesday already??!! How did it get here so fast?!? So much to do, so little time. I think I'll get nearly done with my Quilt of Valor for my son's friend today. I really want to get this done and in the mail soon. Then on to my ever growing pile of UFOs.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Granny Judy
May 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
EGads and little Fishes.. I have been on here for over an hour and just now getting posted. That Pinnie Swap is to blame!! I love pinnies.. pincushions not the flower. Since it was a Free-for-all and Use-Whatever... I went into search & dream land. Nothing like google to keep ya focused. I have the little jars, the fabrics and tins AND small containers of every kind... Now to check out the POsSIBILITies.. (**see there I go again**)

I thought I choke on my drink reading the "rosebud" storie.. Never underestimate the Senior.. Thanks for sharing, Donna. That really got my brain cells grounded and back on track.

I sure hope that storm didn't do too much damage to People, Britty. I hate to lose trees,but people are NOT replaceable.

Now I really have to hustle with the chores today so I can get back to my sewing projects.. flinging stars all over the place with that tut of Jenny's... the finished block looks exactly like an older quilt I have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ORH13QQKoWs

Bubby
May 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Good Morning...

I'm late this morning due to the electrical storms circling our town. We had about two hours of pouring raind and then it slowed to the good kind of rain for about two more hours. At last some rain that will, hopefully, knock some of the pollen out of the trees and air. We've been suffering with allergies like crazy!

Britt, so glad you're okay...that's the important thing. :)

Work on my sewing room is coming along slow but steady...maybe next week it will be together and then I will get a chance to do the fun stuff...making a valance and bulletin boards.

I'm out of here for now and will check back in. The lightning is making everything dim, so I need to unplug for now. Hugs, Barb

HandsOffItsMine
May 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Morning all,

Miss Penny and Mom are doing well. Zander was taken to his Dad by Matt. Oma did much needed laundry for the family, hated the machines in the building, got my exercise in walking back and forth.

Oliver will be the feature child today as Matt took him for his first haircut at 21 months. He was not thrilled at all, which we all knew would happen. Ollie survived or should I say the hairstylist survived the ordeal lol... He lost his baby looks, now he's a big boy/big brother to Penny.

This morning he came up for his snuggles in his pj shorts looking like a California Surfer Dude :)

Happy Wednesday to all, I need to work on Brandon's blocks today.

Huggers, Ruby

bkthomas
May 30th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Just poppin' in to say hi to all - finally been sleeping at night and up earlier than my usual. The Grand-Kids will be out of school Friday then we really get to hustle on packing and cleaning for the move. Took a scouting trip to Twin Falls, Idaho last thurs.-fri. Will be a nice area,can see why DD wants to go so bad! SIL live in the area for a time when he was a kid, so he's all over it too! Donna, love that story - good one. Blondie, cute pic today! Ruby,great pics - very happy for you - just have to tell you about my nephews 1st haircut - he has red hair and the small town we lived in at the time had the old fashioned barber shop like you see in the Norman Rockwell paintings and he looked exactly like that painting right down to the red hair and un-happy look on his little face! So wish we had had a camera! Well better go get some things done around here - like DD says let's get cracka-lackin'!!!!

auntiemern
May 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Donna, love your post. Had me in stitches. Britt, glad everything is fine at your place. Blondie, don't let him work you to hard. As for me, watching the grand kids for a bit today, then hopefully home to dinner, prepared by DH, and some sewing done. Started in a scrappy four patch using left over 4" solid squares from prairie points. DH thinks it's cute so that is always a plus. Some day I will get him to understand how florals, stripes, and polka dots all go together, lol.

lilmouse
May 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone,
Why is it when you try to do something nice it backfires on you...blood bank called yesterday, needed some of my blood; raced out of the house; locked keys inside....had to wait for friend to come with spare key to unlock door so I could get keys..they had a hard time getting needle into vein and then I got nauseated on the way home..fought that most of the evening and then my arm kept bleeding and had to rebandage...couldn't do anything...no computer...no sewing...ended up reading a couple of books...I was so disgusted....sure hope my blood helps someone...that will make it worth it...enjoyed everyone's pictures and posts...put a smile on my face...:) hugs to all who need them!

Blondie
May 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I am sure your blood was much needed of great help. I always give as well and it sounds as if you had one of those days.

Ruby, great pics. Glad I didn't do the haircut although I am certain he did great. Every scar on my left hand is from a kid not wanting a cut and more than those scars come from old ladies that can't move their mouth without moving their heads.

Britt! Glad you're okay.

Everyone else, hope your power is restored, getting enough of the wet stuff.

Luscious and I got a wee bit done this morning. He is not a slave driver, thank goodness. We came in and had fun picking ticks.

Hello everyone,
Why is it when you try to do something nice it backfires on you...blood bank called yesterday, needed some of my blood; raced out of the house; locked keys inside....had to wait for friend to come with spare key to unlock door so I could get keys..they had a hard time getting needle into vein and then I got nauseated on the way home..fought that most of the evening and then my arm kept bleeding and had to rebandage...couldn't do anything...no computer...no sewing...ended up reading a couple of books...I was so disgusted....sure hope my blood helps someone...that will make it worth it...enjoyed everyone's pictures and posts...put a smile on my face...:) hugs to all who need them!

HandsOffItsMine
May 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Blondie;126114]
Ruby, great pics. Glad I didn't do the haircut although I am certain he did great. Every scar on my left hand is from a kid not wanting a cut and more than those scars come from old ladies that can't move their mouth without moving their heads.QUOTE]

Blondie, Matt said there was no blood shed but he left a nice tip for a drink for her after work or a extra valium lol. I'm sure you have your own battle scars over the years. Poor thing, don't know what's worse, the cuts or some of the stories you have had to listen too! :) j/k

Now you guys keep talking ticks and grossing me out! After all those Man bug bites on the Island that I'm highly allergic to, I keep asking Matt about ticks in Georgia. He's said he's only been bitten one time in the yard when mowing. To calm down and keep quilting! lol They don't have a lot of them in the suburbs of Suwanee, just musquitoes. Great! They love me as well. I can go camping with 50 people and there will 3 of us they snack on the whole weekend. :(

Told him I'm putting a video camera outside when there's a party and I'll just interact that way from inside where it's safe. LOL Not going outside. hehe

HandsOffItsMine
May 30th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Just poppin' in to say hi to all - finally been sleeping at night and up earlier than my usual. The Grand-Kids will be out of school Friday then we really get to hustle on packing and cleaning for the move. Took a scouting trip to Twin Falls, Idaho last thurs.-fri. Will be a nice area,can see why DD wants to go so bad! SIL live in the area for a time when he was a kid, so he's all over it too! Donna, love that story - good one. Blondie, cute pic today! Ruby,great pics - very happy for you - just have to tell you about my nephews 1st haircut - he has red hair and the small town we lived in at the time had the old fashioned barber shop like you see in the Norman Rockwell paintings and he looked exactly like that painting right down to the red hair and un-happy look on his little face! So wish we had had a camera! Well better go get some things done around here - like DD says let's get cracka-lackin'!!!!

Wish you guys that photo, it would have been so cool to see him! They look so different after that cut, they lose that baby face. :/

Have fun with the packing and moving. I get to do it twice, once with the daughter and family. Then when we get back to Hawaii for ourselves. But it's all for the better, we'll hopefully be with the clan by Xmas if God willing. :)

Just take it a day at a time, don't over do it too long of a stretch. Take frequent breaks, that way the back and legs don't get too sore.

Huggers, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
May 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM
EGads and little Fishes.. I have been on here for over an hour and just now getting posted. That Pinnie Swap is to blame!! I love pinnies.. pincushions not the flower. Since it was a Free-for-all and Use-Whatever... I went into search & dream land. Nothing like google to keep ya focused. I have the little jars, the fabrics and tins AND small containers of every kind... Now to check out the POsSIBILITies.. (**see there I go again**)

I thought I choke on my drink reading the "rosebud" storie.. Never underestimate the Senior.. Thanks for sharing, Donna. That really got my brain cells grounded and back on track.

I sure hope that storm didn't do too much damage to People, Britty. I hate to lose trees,but people are NOT replaceable.

Now I really have to hustle with the chores today so I can get back to my sewing projects.. flinging stars all over the place with that tut of Jenny's... the finished block looks exactly like an older quilt I have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ORH13QQKoWsI adore that block! I am. Going to make another quilt like the one in the background of this tutorial, called Stars Aligned. This one is like my Patternista quilt, which I did with a black backgound! Big mistake with a blonde shedding kitty! The next one will be yellow!

Blondie
May 30th, 2012, 06:18 PM
The group here at MSQC did that as a swap one year using Christmas fabrics. It is wonderful!

I adore that block! I am. Going to make another quilt like the one in the background of this tutorial, called Stars Aligned. This one is like my Patternista quilt, which I did with a black backgound! Big mistake with a blonde shedding kitty! The next one will be yellow!

auntiemern
May 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I just love those shops that only do childrens hair. It makes it easier on everyone involved. My DGS does not like his head touched (can't imagine why, after all he has been through) so my daughter takes him to a kid salon called the Hairy Elephant. They have cool sseats and play movies for the kids while getting cut. Your little 'man' looks adorable with his new big boy cut.
Morning all,

Miss Penny and Mom are doing well. Zander was taken to his Dad by Matt. Oma did much needed laundry for the family, hated the machines in the building, got my exercise in walking back and forth.

Oliver will be the feature child today as Matt took him for his first haircut at 21 months. He was not thrilled at all, which we all knew would happen. Ollie survived or should I say the hairstylist survived the ordeal lol... He lost his baby looks, now he's a big boy/big brother to Penny.

This morning he came up for his snuggles in his pj shorts looking like a California Surfer Dude :)

Happy Wednesday to all, I need to work on Brandon's blocks today.

Huggers, Ruby

Monique
May 30th, 2012, 10:06 PM
This is the first chance I have had to get on here. Baby has kept me busy this afternoon. Spent a lot of time outside. She should sleep well tonight.

After work today, I had this thingy removed off my belly. There is a medical term which I can't remember and probably can't pronounce. It was time to remove it because I was starting to pick at it.

I am tired, so I will sign off for tonight. I will try and get on early in the morning before baby awakes. Night all!!

BellasQuilts
May 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Well, I must say good evening to all. Sounds like there is weather happening everywhere. We have had wind lately and it has been much cooler than normal. Want it to warm up a bit to enjoy our new deck. DD#1 went to Italy to be an Art Monk doing costumes at the Art Monastery in Labro Italy. Google it, it is a beautiful place. I have to ship her fabric which includes deer antlers and a rake head for the costumes. Whatever, it will be beautiful. Loved the story. Saying prayers for those two little ones; wondering how Angela and Jan are doing since we have not really heard from either for awhile. Big hugs to all. Stay safe out in that weather! Megan

quiltingtrish
May 30th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone~
How did you know that my oldest is sleeping on the sofa tonight Blondie? He will wake up on the sofa in the morning too, seeing as how he is 24 years old and solid muscle from his karate workouts. I loved tucking them all in their beds when they were little though. Never seemed to get enough of their slobbery kisses.

Went back to the doctor today, the infection on my neck came back. So, this time they put me on some stuff to knock out Lyme disease. She doesn't think it is that but said the medicine should kill whatever it is that is making my neck red and keep it from spreading more. Then I went to visit my BFF, I needed a girlfriend day. I know I could have come in here, but I needed her in person.

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I am definately looking forward to having off until the last week of August. I have lots of plans!

Well, better hit the sack. I can't be late tomorrow.
Hugs,