PDA

View Full Version : RIP Doc Watson

BellasQuilts
May 29th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Doc Watson passed away today. He made the most beautiful music. He was one of hubby's favorites; DH plays his tunes a lot when he's playing guitar.

auntiemern
May 30th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Don't know who he is, but sorry for your loss.

Blondie
May 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Megan, when I woke up this morning and hubs told me, I was saddened. While his music is obviously huge world wide, I grew up with it. I have been to many many many festivals where he has been. God bless his family. My Daddy always said he (Doc) was a great ambassador for North Carolina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQOCJ4SUSk&feature=related

Doc Watson passed away today. He made the most beautiful music. He was one of hubby's favorites; DH plays his tunes a lot when he's playing guitar.

GrammaBabs
May 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Thank you for introducing my to such wonderful happy music... my Dad used to LOVE anything with banjos dueling etc.... we might have been NewEnglanders.. but we always appreciated musical talent.... !!!

CrazyMtnLady
May 30th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I love Doc's kind of music. My BIL is a good guitarist and plays a lot of that music. Doc sure will be missed, but his influence on the next generation of musicians will be great.

tortugaquilter
June 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Losing Doc Watson so soon after Levon Helm, I feel like I have a huge hole in my life. Such talent, I am so glad he shared it.

Bubby
June 4th, 2012, 12:26 AM
I love his music.....he will certainly be missed. :)