PDA

View Full Version : A peaceful Sunday

Blondie
May 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/holidays/funny-pictures-cat-shreds-your-curt.jpg

Happy Sunday to everyone! I am dragging my wagon this morning. The past two days were brutally long and exhausting. Considering all that, I am glad that today is a day to relax and rest a bit. Perhaps this evening I will sit and sew a bit.

I know you ain't gonna believe me but my machine is acting up again. I am going to try switching needles out and see if that helps. I have had this babylock for quite a few years, it was used when I got it and now it seems to act up every other project. My other machines are just ancient, I may try to piddle with them if needle change doesn't work. I will piddle with it before I bring it back to the LQS for repair. It has to be something simple. This may be my summer challenge. lol.

I had a dream this morning with Jenny Doan in it. All I remember is she had a cabin in the woods to rent and Luscious and I were going to stay there. The cabin walls were lined with quilts. What a wonderful dream.

Have a wonderful day. Smile!

CrazyMtnLady
May 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning, I have been up for quite some time already and was anxiously waiting for my "Blondie" moment. I always enjoy your good morning threads. Great pic this morning also. My cats have destroyed the screens on the windows next to the door so we can NEVER open those windows!

My eye glasses frame broke yesterday and the lens fell out. DH used super glue and glued it back together, but now I have a glob of super glue blocking my vision, so I am using a pair of Wal-mart reading glasses to see with. Luckily I only need them to read and don't have to wear them to watch tv. I will be getting a new pair at the end of next month! I have a tube of super glue remover and will try to get the glob off the glasses.

Yippee! Today I will be watching the Indy 500. I love racing. I lived in Indiana for over 30 years and never got to go to the race. :( but I sure do enjoy watching it on tv. It will be a good time to get my yellow child's quilt out and do a bit more hand sewing on it. I may hand sew my Texas wall-hanging and that is much smaller to handle so I might work on the instead.

My spider bite is still giving me a few fits of itching and my arm is still a bit puffy, but it does seem to be getting better. We are keeping a very watchful eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any worse. I don't know what kind of spider bit me, and I have seen pictures online of what a Brown Recluse bite can do. YUCK!

Have a wonderful day to all. And and very Happy Memorial Day tomorrow.

buckeyequilter
May 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning.....

I've been up since about 5:30. My brother from South Carolina spent the night at my brother's house (across the road from us). He saw us going out to the patio and came over about 7:00 because there was no coffee over there. I cooked breakfast and my brother and DH drank 2 pots of coffee, hopefully he got his coffee fix.

The rest of my day is going to be relaxing and sewing. I have one quilt that's ready for the hand sewing and another I'm going to trim and get the binding on. I picked up the fabric for a quilt for my DD yesterday - don't know when I'll get started on that but want to get these two finished before starting a new one.

Well off to the sewing room....have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs for everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I was lazy last night and did nothing, so I'm rested today. Woke up early and am trying to copy Marilyn's darling quilt for the hospital that she shared with us yesterday. In rummaging around my semi organized stash, i found some charm squares I had already cut months ago, so there will be an easy project to get into. Batting is softening in the dryer now, hope to get my sandwich made then off to church. Quilting may get done this afternoon before grandkids descend on me for a few hours. I hope to finish this quilt before bedtime tonight.

Ginny B
May 27th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Good Morning all and Happy Memorial Day weekend. :) DH and I spent the day at the beach yesterday (went to an air show -- it was great) and today we are headed to a family bbq in New Jersey. It's a bit of a ride from us here on L.I. so we'll get on the road shortly. I'm going to take my apple core pieces with me and work on them in the car on the ride down. In fact, I think I need to cut some more before we leave so I'd better get myself in gear and get going.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Ginny B

aliaslaceygreen
May 27th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Good morning...My holiday weekend was yesterday. Yesterday I kept DD company while she was awake, getting over two wisdom teeth being removed Friday. Took her for a bit of a walk around downtown Petersburg and wore her out! Today I took her to the grocery store, so she could find food she felt comfortable with, and she's headed back to bed!

Working today and tomorrow. But it is so nice out, I expect it will be VERY SLOW!!!!

Hey, anyone want to go look at photos and tell me which you like best and why?

I need to choose one by tomorrow for a challenge---Window Views... http://rteest42.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/i-dont-do-windows/

Thanks!

Have a wonderful holiday

Jean Sewing Machine
May 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Good morning...My holiday weekend was yesterday. Yesterday I kept DD company while she was awake, getting over two wisdom teeth being removed Friday. Took her for a bit of a walk around downtown Petersburg and wore her out! Today I took her to the grocery store, so she could find food she felt comfortable with, and she's headed back to bed!

Working today and tomorrow. But it is so nice out, I expect it will be VERY SLOW!!!!

I need to choose one by tomorrow for a challenge---Window Views... http://rteest42.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/i-dont-do-windows/

Thanks!

Have a wonderful holiday
I vote for #1, the manequins in the window , or the 2windows with the ladder. They are all really interesting!

Sandy Navas
May 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM
http://rteest42.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/2012-05-may26-36.jpg

GOOD MORNING, M*QC FORUM FRIENDS. I'm just so proud to be here! Slept in a bit - my DH is home from his California jaunt and is glad to be here. Actually I woke and was up moving around way before he rolled over and yawned. It is so good to have him here even if all we do is occupy the same room occasionally.

Didn't go to my HS reunion last night. Spent the day in bed with pain pills because my back was hurting - just normal stuff - but I felt like being lazy. Figured if I hadn't seen some of these people for over 50 years and they have made no effort to stay in touch that we didn't have much in common anyway. The ones I stay in contact visit back and forth and are worth it. Otherwise, forget it.

Today is DD and DSIL's anniversary and the three older girls are making a very special anniversary dinner for them - here. This is the end of the Nana's Cooking School for the summer and they have planned the menu and practiced making the food. Hope it all goes well for them. They are terribly excited.

Next week I have promised DD I will continue helping her with the last room of her organizational project - don't think this one will take too long - so it will be a while before I get back in the sewing room. Al was funny on the way home from the airport yesterday and wanted to know if I got any sewing done . . . had to laugh . . . think I was there once to look for something.

I sincerely hope that everyone pauses and reflects upon our loved ones who have paid for our freedoms with their lives, and those loved ones who have departed earth before us. I believe we should remember them daily - but even more so this weekend that has been set aside. Rest in Peace.

Special prayers for all in need, hugs for my dear friends and may your lives be filled with true joy!

CrazyMtnLady
May 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I like the first picture. But also I like the ladder (without the man)

buckeyequilter
May 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM

Thanks!

Have a wonderful holiday

I like the one with the ladder too....I also like the one with the stairs.

rebeccas-sewing
May 27th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I like the stairs photo. I like that there are so many different textures. I also like all the different shapes. The chair in the window - second favorite. It makes me want to enter and sit inside on that chair. I love sitting in a restaurant where I can see out to the street. There's always so much to see while enjoying a meal by a window.

bakermom
May 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I'm hoping for a lazy day sewing. We went to mass last night so we could sleep in today. Afterward met DD and family for a nice dinner out. right now i'm waiting for DH to fix brunch-yesterday it was omelets, today french toast.

EnumclawGramma
May 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM
My day started out with trying FMQing on my new machine, and now it's housework. I've had back spasms for over a week and really need to start moving around more. Still not so good, but gotta get something done! The new machine has a bit of a learning curve, but I'm getting there! I can't believe all it does. I think this is the beginning of a long wonderful relationship!
I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Do something fun!

sewmuchjan
May 27th, 2012, 06:46 PM
God Bless our Troops, past, present, and future. Also thank them for all they have done and still do for us. Then say a prayer to keep them safe that are in harms way. Have a wonderful holiday weekend and be safe.

Back to ripping and re-doing.

Prayers for all and Blessings too!
Love ya
Jan G.

quiltingtrish
May 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Ditto - GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS. This Memorial Day I am remembering those that have fought and died for us. I did not go to the parade in town today, but when they presented the 21 gun salute, I stopped and said a prayer for the families that have lost a loved one that have fought for all of us.

A big picnic here tomorrow so I spent from 9 until 2 getting the house ready. Then I hit the food store and then came home and mowed. DH came home from working on the Aunts roof and can hardly move so when he said he still had to mow cause 'that was his job' - I told him that we are still a team and I jumped on it and off I went. It was like a sauna out there, but it's done. Called my dad and told him I would not be down tonight. Now I am chilling out.

Have some beautiful flowers to plant. They are probably my 2nd love next to quilting.

The girls said they were in Tennessee around 4:00 today so it looks like they will be home sometime late tonight. I can't wait until they are home. It's a long trip.

Well, need to scoot. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Hugs,

janluna
May 28th, 2012, 12:25 AM
God Bless our Marines, Airmen, Soldiers, and Sailors. Remember our fallen men and women who have gone before us. Honor the men and women who died for us in combat. And please, NEVER FORGET! Also, remember our Coast Guard, they protect us too.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers for all our people in need, Jan L.

auntiemern
May 28th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Not a day goes by that I do not remember who has provided us with out freedom. DH is retired USMC, served in Viet Nam, and was wounded there. I have family and friends, and friends of friends that are currently serving. I am of the belief that at least once a week our TV stations should replay the attack of 9-11. To many, have forgotten. Ok enough of that. Hoping everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Be careful if you are going to be away from home. Happy, quilty thoughts to all.

Blondie
May 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
AMEN to that one, Marilyn

Not a day goes by that I do not remember who has provided us with out freedom. DH is retired USMC, served in Viet Nam, and was wounded there. I have family and friends, and friends of friends that are currently serving. I am of the belief that at least once a week our TV stations should replay the attack of 9-11. To many, have forgotten. Ok enough of that. Hoping everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Be careful if you are going to be away from home. Happy, quilty thoughts to all.