PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in the aftermath.

Monique
May 26th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Well, let's ust say that I am awful glad Friday is gone. We had a heck of a storm here last night. Broken windows and broken siding. Downed trees. Wind and hail damage. Very scary. No injuries. Thank God. We are not used to such violent storms like that up here. I feel for you who are in tornado or hurricane paths.

I did manage to wash all the windows and the main level. Hubby said that if they were left dirty, they may have stood up to the wind. He's so not funny!!

So I guess work today and some clean up after that. Have a wonderful long weekend, my American friends. Have fun but be safe.

Blondie
May 26th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wow, just goes to show how much I miss on work days - no tv, very little news of any kind.

How scarey storms can be; any damage is horrid- downed trees and broken door/window a wee bit too close for comfort. Do you have a basement you were able to go to? We don't get many tornados here either - mostly scares - but one can never be too careful.

Hugs

Bubby
May 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Monique...I'm thankful you and the family are okay..that's the important thing! The mess is inconvenient for sure and I'm sure the storm gave you a good scare. :)

cyndiofthevortex
May 26th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your big scare and big mess. I'm glad you're all okay up there.

Cyndi

MRoy
May 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I'm glad you're all okay. I hope the clean-up and repairs are not too much and go quickly.

CrazyMtnLady
May 26th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Wow, so glad you are safe. I really don't like storms of any kind.
Yesterday we went to West Plains and the kid at the counter said that this is the driest spring for the Ozarks in over 100 years. So we sure could use some of that rain, but not the storms.

stay safe.

BellasQuilts
May 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Monique, glad you are all okay. How scary that must have been for you and DH. Hopefully the damage is not too bad. Hugs.

goodyear94
May 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I don't think we ever get used to stormy weather :(( I grew up in Florida and remember hiding under the kitchen tables during the hurricanes . . . lived in Nebraska for a little while - I used to take the kids and hide under the stairs during the tornado alerts . . . and now, Arizona - we have some awful monsoon storms -- they arrive with a wall of dust and the wind sounds like it is gonna blow everything into another county! Whew!! When nature gets mad, watch out!!

So glad your family is safe and sound!! You and your family be careful while cleaning up!

Hugs,

auntiemern
May 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
So glad that you are all ok. Storms like that are very frightening. As long as the only damage is to things and not people, you are blessed. Things can be replaced and cleaned. People can't. Take a deep breath, relax, and do what you need to, to get your home repaired. Prayers for you and yours.

janluna
May 26th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Monique, So sorry about all your damage. Thank God no one was hurt. Prayers coming you way.
Hugs, Jan L.