If anyone finds my brain, could you give it a quick rinse and send it back please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Divine Daisy
    Missouri Star
    • May 2011

If anyone finds my brain, could you give it a quick rinse and send it back please?

I have totally lost my brain. Must have put it down somewhere safe but who knows where

I was fitting in a quick SITD on a table runner for the shop late morning today. I had done Mr Daisy's pyjama washing and they were on the line drying. Done a quick introduction of the vacume to the carpet as they have become strangers to each other recently and then rushed up to quilt the table runner and get the binding on so that I could take it to the hospital and hand sew the binding while visiting Mr D.

Machine and I were humming along together and I was thinking.......I do love my machine, she works so well and smoothly for me, especially when I am in a hurry............ I was three quarters done pressed thread cut so I could turn everything around and...................... nothing was quilted!!!!!!

I had been happily quilting with no thread in the bobbin!

How could I not realise?

Why didnt she beep at me?

Why is it so hot and sticky when I am so busy?

These are the burning (literally) questions of the day, along with Where the hell IS my brain???????????
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: If anyone finds my brain, could you give it a quick rinse and send it back please?

Originally posted by Divine Daisy View Post
    I have totally lost my brain. Must have put it down somewhere safe but who knows where

I was fitting in a quick SITD on a table runner for the shop late morning today. I had done Mr Daisy's pyjama washing and they were on the line drying. Done a quick introduction of the vacume to the carpet as they have become strangers to each other recently and then rushed up to quilt the table runner and get the binding on so that I could take it to the hospital and hand sew the binding while visiting Mr D.

Machine and I were humming along together and I was thinking.......I do love my machine, she works so well and smoothly for me, especially when I am in a hurry............ I was three quarters done pressed thread cut so I could turn everything around and...................... nothing was quilted!!!!!!

I had been happily quilting with no thread in the bobbin!

How could I not realise?

Why didnt she beep at me?

Why is it so hot and sticky when I am so busy?

These are the burning (literally) questions of the day, along with Where the hell IS my brain???????????
    Hate that when it happens! Mine runs so smoothly when there is no thread in the bobbin and it is just humming along! I should know better by now! Hope you get it finished? How's the hospital patient faring? Did he have his transplant--or this still chemo?

Comment

• Divine Daisy
      Missouri Star
      • May 2011

Re: If anyone finds my brain, could you give it a quick rinse and send it back please?

still chemo Jean. He is doing well, not feeling too ick. Is enjoying the adoring nurses who love him, I intrude every visiting time so they wander off for a bit lol. The cleaner is his special friend who admires his quilt every day and to whom he promised that I would make one for her, and no no it was no trouble! Got to love a man who volunteers you. So i got my instructions today and yes its for a little girl and yes I am back to pink. Groan
      Blog
      http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Divine Daisy View Post
        still chemo Jean. He is doing well, not feeling too ick. Is enjoying the adoring nurses who love him, I intrude every visiting time so they wander off for a bit lol. The cleaner is his special friend who admires his quilt every day and to whom he promised that I would make one for her, and no no it was no trouble! Got to love a man who volunteers you. So i got my instructions today and yes its for a little girl and yes I am back to pink. Groan
        Well, anything to keep you busy! Like you don't have enough things to think about! I guess that's why he bought you that wonderful new sewing machine, so you could make quilts for his "peeps" in the hospital. Sounds like he is enjoying holding "court" in his room! My husband always was congenial with the staff when he had his many hospitalizations! He loved having people fawn all over him! Something his wife seldom did!

Comment

• auntiemern
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2012

That happened to me twice the past couple of days. So sorry Mr D is having a rough go of it. His admirers, made me think of the last 2 times my mom was hospitalized. They had their own Elvis impersonator. Didn't look anything like him, but man oh man could he sing. He was the guy that went around the rooms and changed the 'sharps containers'. He would then use the big plastic containers to strum on. The last song he sang for my mom, before she passed was "I can't help falling in love with you" Just thinking about it is making me teary eyed. Your brain is probably hanging out somewhere with mine. Most days I do alright without it, so hang in there.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2010

Hahaha! That happens to me all the time! I need to go back and see if I can find an alarm to go off when my bobbin runs low. Seems like my Janome would have one of those.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2011

I am sorry Mrs. Daisy but I have your brain. I was helping DH with a project and it wasn't going the way he thought it should and he yelled at me "Why don't you get a brain?" so... I took yours!.... sorry... I will send it back shortly. LOL
              Donna
              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Loonwatcher
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2011

Been there, done that! Sewing machines should have some loud obnoxious alarm that sounds when you run out of bobbin thread.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• buckeyequilter
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                  Been there, done that! Sewing machines should have some loud obnoxious alarm that sounds when you run out of bobbin thread.
                  One of mine does....and it starts beeping when I'm almost finished with something.
                  Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                  I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2010

My Viking has it but I turned it off because it starts beeping way too soon!
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                      My Viking has it but I turned it off because it starts beeping way too soon!
                      How do you turn it off? I agree it sounds the alarm way before it is really out of bobbin and of course it is when you just have inches to go on a seam.
                      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2010

Oh, Alison - I see that your brain wound up all the way over here in Missouri. I'll get Donna to send it back to you.

Please give Stewart a big hug from all his forum ladies!!
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• sewmuchjan
                          Missouri Star
                          • Nov 2010

I think that mine is missing too..I have mindlessly sewing and cleaning, and oh cooking!!! It wasn't until I wanted to figure borders for a table runner that I knew something was wrong!!! If you see mine tell it to come home for a bit then it can wander away again!!! LOL

Hugs to you and Mr. D!!!! (((((HUGS)))))
                          And to all the rest of you here!!! (((((HUGS)))) Been missing ya'll!!!

Love and prayers
                          Jan G.
                          Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                          THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                          :lol:

Comment

• Bubby
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2011

Don't feel bad....our Jenny made a tutorial and sewed without any thread on her jellyroll quilt!
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Mimis-quilts
                              Missouri Star
                              • Mar 2011

My baby lock and my brother have the beeper to say when bobbin is low...I figured out the other day that when my machine needs to be "dusted" the beeper quits...so I know its time to get the brush and vaccum out.

Daisy...are you suffering "chemobrain"? So many of my patients that receive chemo complain about memory loss. Hope Mr Daisy is getting along okay with this round of chemo. Hope you are getting along okay as well.
                              LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X