PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Planning...

aliaslaceygreen
May 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Planning the route and itinerary for our vacation in a few weeks, with stops in Ocean City, Atlantic City, Montreal, Quebec City, Acadia, and Lowell/Pelham... Any stops we JUST. CANT. MISS?

*(and it doesn't even HAVE to be quilting related!!! Bead shops, fabric, interesting exhibits etc.....)

Quiltlover
May 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Sounds like fun to me! Haven't been to those places. Take pics and share!
B

Suzyq
May 24th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Trisha, you will love Montreal as its a very vibrant city,with a character and culture all it's own.If you get a chance, spend time in 'old Montreal" which tourists love...it's quaint with lots of neat shops... Quebec City is lovely too and a site of important Canadian history... You'll enjoy a horse and buggy tour around the " Plains of ABRAHAM"... Again, really neat restaurants, funky boutiques and much more.

If you're into fabrics, check out factory warehouses in office towers on Chabanel street in Montreal. You'll be blown away with,the huge selections. Either way, have a wonderful holiday!!

rebeccas-sewing
May 24th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Wish I could tag along. Sounds like a fun vacation! Be safe and enjoy!

aliaslaceygreen
May 24th, 2012, 08:35 AM
LOL. Come on, the more the merrier!
SuzyQ, I haven't been to Quebec City in 25 years...I am forever telling my husband how much I loved it...so finally, it made it to the vacation list!!! MTL this time seems to be only a pit stop, sadly because that too is such a pretty city....ah...the limits of funds and vacation time!!! ARGH.

Actually, at this point I would LOVE to have someone tell me of a bead shop anywhere along the route...

Hotels are all booked, friends are all called and set up for visiting, let the countdown begin!