PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy, it's Monday!

Blondie
May 21st, 2012, 06:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/149463281352858437_PTVtqnmg_f.jpg

It's Monday!

After getting over the initial shock that it's yes, once again, morning; I have to get my head around the fact that it's Monday. Once I am truly wide awake, the fuzzies are out of my brain, I will come in and read some. Just peeking in to say Have a GREAT DAY. I am trying to think of something to make you smile but the only thought in my head at this moment is I had a shower last night so I don't need one this morning. See, that made me smile. Simple things for simple minds, and all that.

Smile anyway and have a wonderful day!

bkthomas
May 21st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Well, you made me smile! I used to work as a housekeeper in a hospital in Texas and when I would go into the nursery there was a sweet nurse that was noticing I was having a rough day and she said, "You need Cake!" ....and I'm always happy if I have a cup of coffee, so your pics lately are right up my alley! Thanks and here's wishing everyone a happy funshine day!

quiltingtrish
May 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM
Happy Monday all~!
It is a tad rainy this morning, but I am moving all my limbs - so that makes it a great day! Instead of rototilling yesterday at my dad's, I got the mowing done and then a neighbor comes over and asks us if she can use the rototiller for an 8x8 ft. garden. Why, of course - cause we share. Only thing is - there is this humungeous apple tree that has been there for decades. So Dad decides that his daughter (ME) can use his long handled electric tree saw and also the long handled rope tree saw to cut down branches. Did I mention that I was volunteered? After over an hour of cutting down finicky limbs - cause on an old apple tree, once you get that saw up there and put the blade on the limb - the limb wants to hang down and it's hard to get it cut. Then she declares she has to go to work. So - now there is a huge pile of debris to clean up (not me) and the rototilling to be done. I finish up the mowing - we pick up 3 huge bags of weeds that were dug out last week and then proceed to weed some more. It was a good day!
The neighbor gal also asks me what to do about her flower bed. She has no idea what a weed looks like, an azaelea bush, a peony bush, etc. I was not going to volunteer my services. There is just not enough time to do my yard, my dads, and hers.

I did get my Dresden flower wall hanging quilted yesterday. I couldn't believe how great the machine cooperated! It looks great and now all I have to do is the binding.

Oh geesh! Got to pour my coffee to take to work and skiddle!

See ya all later tonight!!!!
Hugs and have a super day.

Blondie
May 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
Morning Trish
Yep. Sis and I take turns at each other's house/yard and Mom's as well. Mom gets friends from church to visit and then Mom tells them all what green thumbs her daughters have, etc. Thankfully, I have not had to go anywhere I didn't choose. Church groups do go and help out the elderly and infirm take care of chores, which I have no problem doing because after all, there are lots of others helping out too.
God bless you. Bet you slept good last night!
Kathy, anytime is cake o clock time!
Off to DDs to watch her big flat screen and play with the little doxie. I am bringing some stitching and crocheting to keep my fingers nimble.

buckeyequilter
May 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning....

Yep it's Monday. Time to do the payroll....the people here think they need paid every week!

I finally got the last leaf embroidered on DH's quilt yesterday and have begun trimming the threads. I'm going to count the leaves to see how many times I had to re-hoop - my embroidery area is 4 x 4 - so it was a few. I'll be working on that when I get home from work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day....prayers and hugs to all.

Bubby
May 21st, 2012, 09:54 AM
We had a great Sunday with friends who came to our little town to visit us and to attend a wedding reception. It was so good catching up with them.

We got a speck of rain yesterday, but not even enough to wet the sidewalk. We got the thunder and lightning but it blew through before the rain started.

There's nothing exciting on my agenda today...a trip to WalMart being the main thing. Miss Molly took advantage of us paying attention to our friends yesterday (how dare we!) and crossed our lane and ran off into the deep woods. DH had to hunt her down and he came back home loaded with seed ticks! Molly was most likely hunting rabbits and wasn' one bit remorseful about her bad manners!

I wish you all a good Monday. Take care! :)

brittyboo07
May 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Morning ladies!

Went to sleep with it storming last night which means I was awake longer than I really wanted to be. No rain or storms now but expecting it later this afternoon. Just glad it did not do all this stuff on Friday!

I am still not caught up on my sleep but it is slowly getting back to normal around here. I still have to unload my car but this afternoon I am planning on stopping by Hobby Lobby and home Depot to fill out applications for summer work.

What I would really like to be doing right now is sleeping! I am getting to old to do this staying up 24 hour plus thing. Thursday morning I can sleep in a little bit while my mom is doing payroll at work and then we leave for family reunion when she gets off work.

The apartment is at a stand still again we are waiting on the sheetrock people. Hopefully they will be here next week to get started. I do not see them coming by the time we leave Thursday lol. When I get back I have lots on my agenda to get complete. Including my swap blocks. I am actually taking them with me, no reason i can sew while at my Aunt's.

We do not really have anything to do here at work except clean out the freezer/fridge/cabinets so thats what I plan on doing this afternoon. Im off to catch up on the boards you miss so much when you are gone for a few days!

OHHHHHH and if you have not seen the previews for Magic Mike yet go check it out!!! I will be seeing this movie!

lilmouse
May 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Morning everyone...I know it is Monday but for me it is Friday...yippee...my other half and I rearranged my sewing room while he was home (truck driver) and I have to put everything away now....found my 10 minute tablerunner and quilt top I lost about a week ago so am very happy about that...hoping to get two quilt tops layered and on to the quilting....let the good times roll :) Prayers and hugs to all who are in need!

Sandy Navas
May 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM
Blondie's post about cake reminds me:

A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, 'Absolutely Mom, I love your cake.' 'Here, have some cooking oil,' her Mother offers. 'Yuck' says her daughter.. 'How about a couple raw eggs?' 'Gross, Mom!' 'Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?' 'Mom, those are all yucky!'

To which the mother replies:
'Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake! God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful! God is crazy about you.

LynneLeavell
May 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Sandy I love that little story. Thanks for reminding me. Oh well didn't get much sewing done this weekend. Started a fourth of July machine applique Friday night might get it finished tonight. We celebrated Mother's day yesterday at my MIL. She had shingles the week of Mother's day and didn't want the little ones to get it. Came home and me and hubs and the grandboys all took a long nap.

At work now and guess I will work all week this week but I do have a three day weekend and am planning some quilt store trips.

Oh well have a great day everyone.

Lynne

auntiemern
May 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM
It may be noon already, but have a mostly relaxing day in store. Youngest daughter 'graduates' pre school today. After that I have the next , at least 2 days, to myself. Soooo looking forward to mine time alone, with nothing but my fabric and sewing machine. Gonna move a couple things around so I don't have to get up and down as much, cuz that will get my legs to screaming again. Have a blessed day all, and make sure you make some time to quilt.

toggpine
May 21st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Happy Monday!
It's making up for all of the nice weather we have had the last week or so. Back to rain.

We have two new baby goats on the farm, both born on Saturday. The little girl is a spitfire, and the boy is less than swift. She can have most of her bottle downed before he has figured out how the thing works. I'll be looking for homes for them. I have decided to keep the two Saanen doelings that were born in March and the Toggenburg buckling will replace the noisy Alpine buck that I have now. I understand that farm animals make noise, but every time we open the door, or we move past the back windows, he starts hollering at an irritating whiny pitch. His kids have seemed to take on the trait as well. So, time to go Buster!

I did get some more cutting done yesterday. After I get a few things put together for tonight's meeting, I'll get back to the sewing room.

I hope you all have a great day!
Cathy

Monique
May 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Oh it was so lovely to not have to get up and go to work today. It is a holiday here up north. I sewed all weekend to get the blocks done for the swap and behold I AM DONE!!

It was such a grand day yesterday, that I took a break from sewing and went to visit with friends. Then other friends stopped by around suppertime.

This morning I decided that the grass needed to be cut. No more putting it off. Tractor is sick ??? so had to use the push mower. I was not sure if I would get it all done. My leg was getting sore, cut I did manage to finish. Had a shower and then took an run to the dump with garbage.

Hubby's been gone all weekend and feeling a little frisky. Too much information?????? I am too pooped. I need a nap. So on that note, I will lie down for a bit. Catch you all later.

HandsOffItsMine
May 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hubby's been gone all weekend and feeling a little frisky. Too much information?????? I am too pooped. I need a nap. So on that note, I will lie down for a bit. Catch you all later.

LMAO...TMI...I just say, I have the TooToo's...Too Hot, too cold, too tired, too late, too early, too late in the month, etc. lol