PDA

View Full Version : Why Hoosiers go barefoot! LOL

CrazyMtnLady
May 17th, 2012, 02:47 PM
even though I live in Missouri now, I am a Hoosier at heart. This was sent to me in an e-mail by a friend. I got a chuckle out of it for sure.

Now what Hoosier wouldn't enjoy this!!!

Why people in Indiana go barefoot ---- Proud to be a Hoosier!!

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco and started working east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read:

"Calls: $10,000 a minute."
Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to GOD. The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Houston, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Chicago, and many cities and towns all around the United States , he found more phones same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Wabash, Indiana. Upon entering a church in the beautiful state of Indiana behold, he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read:

"Calls: 35 cents".

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor, "Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to GOD, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only 35 cents a call. Why?"

( I love this part ...)

The pastor, smiling broadly, replied, "Son, you're in Indiana now -

you're in God's Country. It's a local call."

American by Birth,

A Hoosier by the Grace of God.

And why do Hoosiers go barefoot?

CAUSE,------

When you're in INDIANA, you're on Holy ground!

bkthomas
May 17th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Awwww....that is sooo awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing...now I'm in the know!

Blondie
May 17th, 2012, 05:28 PM
What a neat post. Considering the little town I live in is called Eden, we don't even need a phone . . .

Sandy Navas
May 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
We don't need a phone here, either, Blondie - I have a direct connection. I don't have to wear shoes either.

Auntpiggylpn
May 17th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Too funny! I was born in Wabash!!!!

janluna
May 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Love this Donna! I have a direct line too and I don't wear shoes either. I do use them in the winter if I have to go out. Did you know, it's illegal to drive barefoot? At least here in NY. They will do anything to raise money! lol Blessings to all. Love and hugs, and prayers, Jan L.

auntiemern
May 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Love it, but am with Sandy. Direct line here also. Have to wear shoes nowadays though on account of stupid foot problem. Grew up barefooted though.

duster802
May 18th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Love and I am from Texas and this was so cute.

BellasQuilts
May 18th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Love it. Thanks for sharing it.

Granny Judy
May 18th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Got the prayer line connection here and love the barefoot part. I, too, was raised to save my shoes for "Sunday-go-to-meetings"

Life is what we have on hand to make of it.. always glad for what we have, pray for what we want and thankful for what we get.

quilting mama
May 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Love it! I was also born and raised in Indiana then moved to Missouri. Still don't wear shoes! lol..

CrazyMtnLady
May 19th, 2012, 11:09 AM
So glad you all have enjoyed this thread.

I very rarely wore shoes in the summer as a kid. And I loved to pop Tar Bubbles in the road with my toes! Boy my mom didn't like that at all....tar is very hard to clean off your feet! LOL

Down here in Missouri I have too many SHARP rocks and stones to be able to go barefoot, plus those little Chigger bugs that like to bite the heck out of me.

lilmouse
May 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM
used to be when I was a kid and older I was the first one out of shoes in the spring and the last one to put them back on in the fall and I grew up right here...still go barefoot when it is safe to do so.....lived in the desert in AZ and you didn't dare go outside barefoot!