PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - almost the weekend

Blondie
May 17th, 2012, 06:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/5277724533049577_xZkVijNw_f.jpg

Hello Folksies

Another day, another dollar. Rise and Shine. Put your best foot forward. Etc etc etc

Summer is almost here. We are already thinking of Memorial Day and Father's Day around here. And then, the 4th of July and our annual big a$# cook out. That's what my Daddy used to call it. LOL. He always enjoyed grilling out at our house. Or his house. There's something about grilling out that says Party! Have a good time! Get food all over your clothes! Take your shoes off and dance in the grass.
As long as I can eat off paper plates, I am a happy girl. And firing up the grill is about the only thing that summer is good for. Truly. Heat and I get don't get along very well unless I am propped up under the big oak in my backyard with a tall glass of sweet tea.

Have a good day, everyone. Think of good things and SMILE.

Coffeetime
May 17th, 2012, 07:01 AM
What a pleasant and upbeat way to begin the day! Thank you!

MRoy
May 17th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Good morning! I sooo wanted to sleep in. I could use an I-V drip of caffeine this morning. Today and tomorrow, then the weekend. Yay!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy day!

buckeyequilter
May 17th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Good morning.....

I'm home again today. Gout is better....but still sore so I'd thought I'd take another day just so I don't overdo it. Since Tuesday morning I've basically lived in my jammies on the couch. I am working on my afghan :) told DH that I hardly ever keep anything I make but I think I'm keeping the afghan. I haven't been in my sewing room since Monday and I have a quilt out there that I'm wanting to finish....will see how my foot fares this morning then might hobble out there and see if I can work on that quilt.

Well I think I'll finish catching up on the posts here and go work on the afghan. Everyone have a wonderful day!

aliaslaceygreen
May 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Oh yes...the weekend... but I will be working it... don't have off again till Wednesday or so... but I have three and a half weeks till vacation (not that I am counting or anything) ...and I am so short staffed I am fearful of the chaos that could possibly occur....and no one who is supposed to be worrying about it for me is worrying about it for me... so I will make another attempt to draw their attention to the situation today, and then you know what?? THEY will need to figure it all out, won't they!!!

It does look sunny though, and hopefully wont be too humid....
Have a great one!!!

Blondie
May 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Shirley, hate that you are suffering with gout; hubs has trouble with it now and then. Terrible stuff. Be good to you and rest another day.
Blessings

Good morning.....

I'm home again today. Gout is better....but still sore so I'd thought I'd take another day just so I don't overdo it. Since Tuesday morning I've basically lived in my jammies on the couch. I am working on my afghan :) told DH that I hardly ever keep anything I make but I think I'm keeping the afghan. I haven't been in my sewing room since Monday and I have a quilt out there that I'm wanting to finish....will see how my foot fares this morning then might hobble out there and see if I can work on that quilt.

Well I think I'll finish catching up on the posts here and go work on the afghan. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Bubby
May 17th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Good Morning....

Dancing in the grass....sounds like home! We need rain so bad here we have no grass to speak of. Everything is brown and crunches.

Today I have to force myself to clean house...I'm going to get going the minute DH closes the door when he leaves for work in a few minutes. No sewing for me today. I did make binding strips yesterday for my Luna Notte and jellyroll quilts. We have few friends g coming Sunday from up north....they will just be here overnight, but they need beds and food. Blondie, we'll be lighting our grill for sure and spending lots of time outside.

DH just left and it's time for me to jump into some clothes and get busy. I'll check in later. Have a good day everyone....Barb

twnkeyes
May 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I'm with you Blondie, I have no use for heat! Especially down here in south Texas! You're always an upbeat part of my morning, thank you!

ginampls
May 17th, 2012, 08:34 AM
i have to work today..but short shift. so it should go good. i am only kinda looking forward to it. perhaps oncei wake up a bit more, i'll feel more enthoughsed.

Monique
May 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone.

Well yesterday was a write-off. After work I took a two hour nap and woke up with an extremely sore eye. It had started the night before. Off to emerg. I have a blocked tear duct and don't think that is not sore.

After work today I will get meds and maybe get some sewing done.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Sorry I missed you all yesterday.

CrazyMtnLady
May 17th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Good Morning all.

What an afternoon yesterday. I cut the pieces out for two more Super 9 patch baby quilts and then did a ton of ironing I had been putting off. Then DH called from down the road and needed help. He was all by himself and the old hay baler was acting up again. So off I went to help. Well it turned out he had somehow broke both twine needles. So it was off to town to get them welded. We went to our friend's mechanic shop and the guys proceeded to weld and we all proceeded to drink a few beers. They did not get done until almost 11:00pm. I went to the truck and curled up and went to sleep about 9:30. I was so tired but, I still had to fix DH something to eat when we got home! :( I suppose I will have to go and help him put everything back together today too! I hope the welding holds or that is going to be very expensive to buy new needles. I think what we really need is a whole new baler....ouch!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Fire up those grills and put another shrimp on the barbie!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and prayers.

Granny Judy
May 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hello, all. Got little accomplished yesterday as it was support your favorite doctor day and go see him for a round of blood work and evaluation of Health. took all darn morning!! I'm 2 pints low on blood and didn't know I could "hold your breathe" for that many pictures. But the yearly thing is done and out of the way... now for a Mammy gram- eeeewwwhhh, not this week!!

been reading my new book HOBO QUILTS... got this bargain of a fat quarter roll.. huge- like 45 of them and the tag said "good for a hobo quilt" so I started researching and found a book by Debra G. Henninger. How interesting to read the stories of those men who "rode the Rails". It takes me some time to read since I have to use special aids for that size print.. but I'm inspired to do one of them. (plus I saw one at the quilt fair last year and was hooked on the "gotta do one of these" some day)

So off and on I have been researching and learning.. practising so I could do a better job of applique than just whip stitch around the add-ons. Then I see that is all the applique stitching that is on them.. who knew??

Anyway, My focus has narrowed and I'm on a mission... HOBO QUILT here I come. Any one else got the bug to ride the rails???

toggpine
May 17th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Good Morning All!
It sounds like things are up and moving all around the world.
Em is off to school, I'm peeking in here before heading out for morning farm chores, then I am off to the dentist to have him pull a back molar that I broke. Apparently I grind my teeth at night or at least clench my jaw. The broken bit is still heartily attached by some skin and he left it there until I could get a full appointment this week to have it removed. Every time I bite down, or clench my jaw at night, it hurts. So I'm actually looking forward to having this thing out. I get a nice trip on the nitrous oxide to boot.
Then it's home to lay low and sew.
I hope you all have a great day, no matter what you end up doing!
Hugs, Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
May 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Good Morning All!
It sounds like things are up and moving all around the world.
Em is off to school, I'm peeking in here before heading out for morning farm chores, then I am off to the dentist to have him pull a back molar that I broke. Apparently I grind my teeth at night or at least clench my jaw. The broken bit is still heartily attached by some skin and he left it there until I could get a full appointment this week to have it removed. Every time I bite down, or clench my jaw at night, it hurts. So I'm actually looking forward to having this thing out. I get a nice trip on the nitrous oxide to boot.
Then it's home to lay low and sew.
I hope you all have a great day, no matter what you end up doing!
Hugs, Cathy

OMG Cathy, I do feel for you as I hate, hate the dentist. I will give birth without an epideral before going to that guy! :V

Hope that the trip goes well and that you rest afterwards.

Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
May 17th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Good morning everyone.

Well yesterday was a write-off. After work I took a two hour nap and woke up with an extremely sore eye. It had started the night before. Off to emerg. I have a blocked tear duct and don't think that is not sore.

After work today I will get meds and maybe get some sewing done.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Sorry I missed you all yesterday.

Monique, you can always whip up an eyepatch and be styling like Johny Depp. :) Hope the eye heals quickly. Feel better!!

Huggers, Ruby

bkthomas
May 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Good Afternoon! I was up showered and dressed by noon today! Now you early-birds might not think thay is such an accomplishment, but I'm here to tell you it is. I usually don't get to this post until the kids have gone to bed for the night, then it is to late to say anything! I even fed Morgan her lunch before Mom took her to pre-school. I am usually up all night and go to bed after you all have gotten up. So today is going to be a great day and you are all Beautiful and Smiling!!!!

Blondie
May 17th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Ladies
Surprise! I finished up a bit early today and now will begin getting dinner going soon. Thought I would peek in and see whassup!

One of my clients today brought me a box full of irises that she was dividing up. No telling what color they all are but who gives a heckfire shoot? They will be lovely next year, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Cathy, how i feel your dental pain. Ouch! Hope the good dr is able to get it taken care of tout suite.

Monique, I did miss you yesterday (actually this morning when I was reading over yesterday's posts, I know, I know, I am always a day late reading the rest of the posts of the day.) Hope your eye is feeling much better. That sounds painful!

And dear BK (Kathy) ~ you are always such a bright spot in all of our threads, it doesn't matter day or night when you get in here. I so remember days of the little ones with my only "me" time being in the middle of the night. Bless you.

Judy! I want that book! It has been on my list for what seems like forever but actually I think only a little over a year. I may have to save up and get it off of Amazon or ebay. The patterns in it are scrappy enough to be right up my alley. so many resemble the quilts my granny used to make.

Everyone else - Big hugs! Off to cut up some cabbage, squash, and onions. And then to turn down the pintos that have been simmering in the crock all day. It's what's for dinner, Mrs. Skinner.

Enjoy the rest of the day/evening.

edwina
May 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM
HI ,here in the UK its late and for me almost the weekend as i dont work fridays, i am looking forward to a day of quilting i lam new to this but have just started my 2nd quilt,i recived some great fabrics in the post today from MSQC, happy quilting everyone

Hello Folksies

Another day, another dollar. Rise and Shine. Put your best foot forward. Etc etc etc

Summer is almost here. We are already thinking of Memorial Day and Father's Day around here. And then, the 4th of July and our annual big a$# cook out. That's what my Daddy used to call it. LOL. He always enjoyed grilling out at our house. Or his house. There's something about grilling out that says Party! Have a good time! Get food all over your clothes! Take your shoes off and dance in the grass.
As long as I can eat off paper plates, I am a happy girl. And firing up the grill is about the only thing that summer is good for. Truly. Heat and I get don't get along very well unless I am propped up under the big oak in my backyard with a tall glass of sweet tea.

Have a good day, everyone. Think of good things and SMILE.[/QUOTE]

toggpine
May 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I love that we have new folks popping in to say "Hi!" even if you have been "lurking", it's nice to meet you!
I say post on here whenever you make it in! Some of us are up at very strange hours and there are folks for all around the globe popping in. So really, we are never too late or too early.

Dr. Grimm did indeed remove the troubled tooth with delicacy and finesse. It's a bit sore, but that was to be expected. Hubby is home now, so I can crash and sleep off some of the residual meds. (Not safe to let the 6 yr. old run amok without supervision, even from a slightly dopey mom.) I'll probably be up at 2AM ready to go. Thankfully the cutting part of quilting is relatively quiet!

You all have a great evening. I hear my pillow calling....

sewbizzy
May 18th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I missed this thread earlier...it is so fun and refreshing to hear what everyone is doing each day...I hope everyone that is experiencing medical problems heals quickly...and keep on posting the wonderful news from your lives, too...I so look forward to checking several times a day...thank you all! Carol

bkthomas
May 18th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Well, it's 10:33 mountain time and the house is quiet again. Haven't been able to do much on my games on facebook - slow slow slow computer - so I have been playing with the flying geese ruler that I got when it was the deal of the day - love it, it's a lot of fun! It's also a lot of fun to check in on this thread from time to time, always lots of new messages. Have a Happy Night and Happy Quilting! ~Kathy~