PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday is here

Blondie
May 16th, 2012, 06:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/529820_10150974141884913_767404912_11649368_132738 6413_n.jpg

Hey Folksies

do you ever wake up like the kitty above? I sure do. I woke up this morning absolutely ravenous. And too stinking lazy to make anything to eat. Out of milk - so, no cereal. Out of bread - so no toast, I won't eat eggs without toast or biscuits and guess who is not making up biscuits for just me? Don't like can biscuits, so they are never in the house. Sigh. I reckon I will have to make a run to a biscuit place before I head to work today. Yep. You heard me correctly. I have to go into the salon today. Not for long, but, considering another huge wall of water is heading this way, I am not overjoyed at being out and about in weather.

Barb, praying for Micah and his family. I have no tolerance to drunks. Driving or otherwise. Hope they throw the book at him. A lot of states are passing laws now that if you are drunk, driving, and someone dies as a result, it is pre meditated murder.

I worked on the onesie quilt yesterday to the point that I am handquilting it. It will take a little more time to complete that but I should have it completed by next week. If I didn't have to work at the shop or cook for hubs I would already have it done. LOL. What a shame that life gets in the way of quilting/crafting now and then.

Enjoy your day! Smile. Now go look in the mirror and smile again. Ain't you beautiful? I think so.

GrammaBabs
May 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM
"Run between the raindrops girlfriend"....
I'm going to go jump in the pool at 8:30... the way my bones feel right now, i can't wait!!! Best part is the STEAMING shower after..

Hope to get the Brandon block done today,,, but won't get it mailed until i get back,,, it should be enough time..
Really beginning to enjoy the "swaps"... hope they can take my "have fun" quilting style...LOL

Rain and fog here today as well,, but looking sunny for our departure from Boston Friday!!!
Enjoy your day ladies!!!
NO NEED to drive drunk... and NO EXCUSES... it's 3 strikes your out here in MA...and i think that's 2 too many...

Bubby
May 16th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Another Wednesday. DH is on the porch with a pot of coffee and getting psyched for his long day. Molly is eating her breakfast and a long nap will follow. Not sure what's on my agenda today. My sewing room is in shambles so I can barely stand walking into that room. The person I sold the daybed to should pick it up Friday...can't wait because that means we can start building the cabinets for my room. I put borders on a jellyroll quilt yesterday....today I will be removing them....not happy with them, especially that I had to piece the borders. Most likely I will have to resort to finding some matching fabric on the internet and wait for it to get here.

Thank you for your prayers for Micah and his family. This was a tragedy on so many levels.

Everyone have a great day,,,Blondie, have you sent me some rain? Hugs, Barb

MRoy
May 16th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning! Blondie, you can keep the rain there. It's sunny here and we're just drying out from the weekend rain. Barb, praying for Micah and his family. Babs, enjoy your swim.

I'm going out to find fabric for Brandon's quilt block after work today. There's nothing in my small stash that will work and this is the first chance I've had to go shopping.

Have a great Wednesday!

quiltingtrish
May 16th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Happy Wednesday all~~!
The sun is trying her best to peep through all this fog - ready for no more of those raindrops today.
Popping in to show a friend how to make her own binding after school today - the kind where you make a square, cut it diagonally, mark the strips and then cut it into one long strip. It's the only way I do mine.
We missed our monthly quilting day last Saturday because of the yard sale so I have declared this Saturday is it - for me anyhow. It doesn't seem anyone else can make it, but that doesn't mean I can't.
One of the teachers made 4 kids apologize to me yesterday after one of the classes. I had to cover her class the day before and they were acting like jerks. She asked me why I didn't write them up and I told her that I've already gotten back the principal's reply before saying he believed the kids over me and that I lie on the write-ups, so why bother. Now, I just turn the little rascals over to the teacher that I have to cover and let them ream them out. I think that's worse than the principal throwing it under the rug. I know how to deal with payback.
Looks like 'the dog' is here to stay. The girls have decided to keep Tayla. As long as when they move on and out, the dog goes with them. She is a really good dog but we just aren't dog people.
Well, got to scoot. Oh, that photo above - woke to Tayla's face in mine willing me to wake up and one of the kitties crying. It's funny cause I remember when the kids would stand beside the bed when they were little and say to another sibling "do you think she's awake yet?"
Hope everyone has a good day. I'll pop back in later.
Say a prayer for one of your friends today - any friend - there are lots out there that need a prayer but we don't know it cause they think if everyone knows they might have a problem that we would think illwill of them. It could be a family problem, work problem, sewing problems - doesn't matter. We are all human and need others to help us along in this big world out there that sometimes feels like it's chewing us up.
Oh - and YES! You are all beautiful today!!

Hugs,

CrazyMtnLady
May 16th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Good Morning all. No rain in sight for the Ozarks! Which is not good for the hay fields, we really do need some rain. Between not having any rain and the threat of the Army Worm devastating some of the crops it doesn't look like it is going to be a very good year for baling hay.

Had to go to the farm store yesterday for hay mower parts, so we drove to Marshfield, MO (maybe about 30 miles), DH had called around and the store there was the only place he could find the part he needed in stock. After getting the part, we went to a Chinese Buffet for lunch (I did get to go out to eat...yippee!) then drove all over Marshfield looking for pallets to set on the barn floor (it's dirt) so we could stack hay bales on them. We had our pick-up piled high with them. Brought them back and unloaded them and stacked hay, then stopped and had a nice visit with our neighbors. Didn't get home until around 10pm. Boy were the dogs happy to see us. But then, it could have been because they REALLY had to pee! LOL

Barb, prayers for Micah and his family.

Hugs and prayers to all.

JimsQueenie
May 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I keep everyone here that I have met in prayer and hopefully, they will ask me for specifics as I love praying for people.
It has been sunny here all week but due to a splitting headache I have done nothing for 5 days now. No sewing, wah!!
Well, no headache this a.m. so after this note I am off to the sewing machine to sew on that "friendship braid" and then sign my blocks for "Jacob's Ladder" and pack my suitcase for Gatlinburg, TN. We will also stay in Pigeon Forge for a few days.
Praying for all of you!! Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Piece and blessings, Vicki

auntiemern
May 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Can ya believe it I am up early, and get a 'little' time at home today. Rest of the day is going to be kind of hectic though. Will have to take youngest DGD to preschool at noon, then take DD to pick up her repaired car. By the time I do that it will be time to watch kids from 1:30-10:30, which includes picking up DGD's at school and bus stop. Ughhh. This Granny's work is never done. But WILL NOT ever put my babies in day care.

pdjewelrylady1
May 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Good morning quilty friends - beautiful day here too. we had some much needed gentle rain late last ngiht and that is so nice! We need it!! :) The peppermint Daylilles are blooming today! YAY!! this is the first in 2 years that the giant grasshoppers havent eaten them !! Love that!! Manual extermination worked! hahhahahaha

cyndiofthevortex
May 16th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm spending today with a quilting friend. She is a fantastic quiltmaker and I can always expect a great show and tell from her. When I leave her house I'm filled with ideas for my next quilt. I told her I'm showing up just before lunch time, hint hint. She can also cook like nobody's business.

We should be done with that pesky rain by the end of the day and greet tomorrow with a clear sunny day. Yay! I'm tired of gray clouds and dreary weather. Bring on the sunshine!

Sandy Navas
May 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I wasn't going to write today but I do have to share a funny. We have three outdoor cats that we feed daily. They have proven NOT to be true mousers, so we quite frequently find that a mouse has found his to the cat food storage bin as evidenced by little teeth marks around the lid. Al and I have contests to see who can catch the most mice. This morning I checked the trap, no mouse.

I got a scoop of food and headed out, brushed up against a house plant . . . so I thought. I started to move on and the house plant ran up my arm. This plant was moving fast! It was a HUGE old mouse and I don't know who was more startled. I got so tickled I spilled cat food all over the kitchen floor and laughed so loudly that Al came to see if I was okay. I think I stomped two quarts of water out of that mouse.