PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Days and Mondays

Blondie
May 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/258816309805188607_S59W0pJK_f-1.jpg

Happy Monday Folksies!

Yep, it's raining. Been raining since last evening. I reckon it will be raining all day and most of tomorrow according to those over paid weather folks. Good for the garden and the chances look good I will be inside sewing today.

Yesterday was a pleasant enough day. Mom got flower arrangement during the church service for being the second oldest Mom in attendance. I had to get a giggle out of a few of her friends who had huddled after service and then approached me with guilty looks. Seems that the lady who received the oldest Mom is not a regular attendee. She isn't even from here, just visiting and she is only a few months different in age. I had to laugh like crazy. Sweet old gals. They just wanted Mom to receive the recognition she deserves. Trust me, she does. And no one had to give her a "runner up" arrangement. hehehe.

New Daddy-Son called me yesterday evening. I got to hear Miss Eleanor exercise her lungs. He sent me some more pics which I need to sort through. Of course, I think she is absolutely gorgeous. Looks to me as if she will be a strawberry blonde. Strong genetics on both sides, so perhaps she will. My middle one is a beautiful curly headed red/blonde. His hair has always been a glorious mane.

Hoping all the Moms had a special day yesterday. Don't forget to enjoy today and smile!

quilter.martha
May 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Morning Blondie:

Give your mom lots and lots of hugs. I was so acutely aware of my mom being gone yesterday. How I would give anything to hug her one more time.

I haven't been on the forum much lately. I guess I've been pretty down. My daughter graduated from college last weekend and is in the process of getting moved to Rochester, NY permanently. That, coupled with dealing with Mother's Day without my mom has been a lot for me to handle. I really have nothing to complain about--my DD is so wonderful and I love her lots--and I certainly raised her to be independent. It's just hard to see her go. I do wish she wouldn't be a whole days drive away.

Anyway, perhaps I can now get past my blues and get back into the land of living (and quilting). That is my goal for the week.

brittyboo07
May 14th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Morning ladies!!!

Hope all you mothers had a great mothers day. For all of those who are dealing with mother's day without their mother my thoughts are with you. I know this must be a hard time for you.

Thought i would get a little head start on posting this morning. I have an hour to finish up the program for Relay when I get to work and then get it submitted by 8am ahhhhhh. Down to the wire. I did get to work on quilting yesterday and will work on it again tonight. Should be able to get this done in a couple of evenings. I am thinking about solid black for the binding.

Allergies are running wild this morning so took my meds hope they dont make me to sleepy this morning to much to do! I am off to make lunches for hubby and myself and then we will be off to work this morning. We are car pooling today! He will be at one of the high schools today that is on my way to work so i will just drop him off!

I will pop back in this morning when this program is finished! Have a great morning!

GrammaBabs
May 14th, 2012, 08:10 AM
morning alll
WONDERFUL Mom's day... kids too care of lunch... went to DD's MOther in law's,, near here... DS came.. he's doing well,,, just good laughs, with gifts ($$), to spend on our cruise... they are the best... my SIL gave us orderss to "spend our kids inheritance"... and live it up!!!
I whipped up my daughter a cosmetic tote and credit card holder , matching, in bright Vera B like colors... she LOVES , purses and pouches.. it's an addiction for her.. LOL and a crochet shell stitch cotton headband for summer..
Lord i'm so lucky... today it's feet and hands... bank and errands.. rest of the week is packing and preparing...
i hope you all had a wonderful day... Blondie... hug your Mom for me and tell her, we all know whose "FIRST"... from the sounds of you and your family she already knows that..:)
I'm off to WA, and a good stretch and scaling hot shower.. to get the bones "loose"...Happy Monday.. hugs B

ginampls
May 14th, 2012, 08:12 AM
i had a good mothers day. DD gave me a plant she grew in her classroom. made me a picnic breakfast in the shade of big maple. toast sliced bananas and choc milk...yum.

pretty sure it is going to be nice here. mid 70's.

Monique
May 14th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Good morning. Another beautiful day here today. I got to spend some wonderful time with my grandbaby. Best mother's day gift if you ask me. Today we will go my MIL's and hubby will BBQ. His WIL is still there recouperating. Did you know some nurses make the worst patients. No offence to all your nurses out there.

Got word yesterday that my little brother's wife died of cancer. So sad and gone too soon. They had been separated but he still loved her. We were not close, but I would never wish this on anyone. She leaves three children, the two oldest in their 20's and Billy who will be 15 this year. Tish was only 47.

Today would have been my mother's 79th birthday. Still miss her.

So that has been my weekend. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
May 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Good Morning

Martha, I thought of you yesterday. You have a lot on your plate right now....just getting through tax time, you Mom and now your daughter. I'm praying for you, Hon. We're still here for you. :)

CrazyMtnLady
May 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Yep, it's morning! Had a glorious Mother's day yesterday, started the day feeding the animals as usual, making coffee and breakfast then it was off to help fix the baler and bale hay. Got home around 7:00pm and had 2 very stiff bloody marys and then got in my jammies and went to bed. Yep, it was a glorious mother's day! NOT!

I did meet the new neighbors (about 2 miles or so down the road) She works in Jefferson City, Mo in a government job and he is a Chief Warden at the prison in Licking, MO (the name of the city always makes me laugh). They seem like really nice folks and probably right around my age. She has a really good green thumb or he does by all the plants on their porch. She is into crafts, but not sewing or quilting...yet! LOL. She is only home on the weekends and is trying to get transferred to a job closer to here.

DH said he was going to mow the rest of the hay field today and then tomorrow was going to take me out to eat! But if it looks like rain I know he will be baling hay tomorrow. So I won't hold my breath on going out to eat. But it is a nice thought.

Have a great day!

cyndiofthevortex
May 14th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I had a terrific Mother's Day, though I missed my mom, too. My son-in-law made chicken fettucini alfredo for dinner with salad and garlic bread. Your really can't beat it. I was given plants as I'd hoped and got them in the ground so they can enjoy the rain for the next three days. It was a happy, relaxing day.

Today I have a two hour dentist appointment to replace a broken crown on a stubborn tooth. I am a bit nervous about it. After that some quilting to calm my soul. The wonky star pattern Karen shared with me is my new favorite block. There's a 7 year old girl I know with a difficult home life so I'm making a quilt for her out of star and dot fabrics as a surprise. She's admired one of my quilts so I know she likes them. A future quilter maybe?

I hope everyone has a day filled with peace and joy.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I had a terrific Mother's Day, though I missed my mom, too. My son-in-law made chicken fettucini alfredo for dinner with salad and garlic bread. Your really can't beat it. I was given plants as I'd hoped and got them in the ground so they can enjoy the rain for the next three days. It was a happy, relaxing day.

Today I have a two hour dentist appointment to replace a broken crown on a stubborn tooth. I am a bit nervous about it. After that some quilting to calm my soul. The wonky star pattern Karen shared with me is my new favorite block. There's a 7 year old girl I know with a difficult home life so I'm making a quilt for her out of star and dot fabrics as a surprise. She's admired one of my quilts so I know she likes them. A future quilter maybe?

I hope everyone has a day filled with peace and joy. i sure like that wonky star block too, it's going in my book of tricks also!

buckeyequilter
May 14th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Good morning.....

Well back to work today - the fog was terrible this morning, could barely see 10 ft. in front of my car.

Went to see my mom yesterday and took her some gifts. Had a nice visit.

I have this stupid gout going on, it was really hurting on Saturday, yesterday wasn't too bad so hopefully it'll clear up soon, might call the doctor to get some meds - will see as the day progresses. It's been a while since I've had an attack.

My daughter got me some quilting stuff for mother's day - 3 kits, 4 sets of fabric in 1 yd. cuts, 3 cricut cartridges - so now I have more stuff to play with. Maybe she's wanting me to make her something LOL. DH (even tho he's not my child) got me a bottle of perfume. He asked me if I wanted to go out to eat and I declined that because of the gout.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day (evening)!

aliaslaceygreen
May 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Good morning all...it sounds like Mother's day went OK for the most of us! I had a wonderful two days at the Festival with my daughter helping out both days; it's always good to just BE together, you know? Made some money at the show, Yay, and even won an award for one of my pieces.....

Over all, a great weekend. Now, back to the reality of crazy short staffing at work, oh, yippee!!!

lilmouse
May 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Good morning....worked most of yesterday...it was crazy...first thing the bottom of the blender fell out and I wore Raspberry Margarita the rest of my shift...came home and made up a block my daughter and I were discussing....don't know if I like it or not and as I am now using a laptop I can't even post a pic...everyone have a good day...for me it is Friday..yippee...two days off!

Susie...aka (lilmouse)

auntiemern
May 14th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Would say Good Morning, but after the week I had I slept in, till after 11. Yesterday was a roller coaster for me, had some heartbreaking moments, and some smile from ear to ear moments. My DD and DGC grew up with me singing ' I love you a bushel and a peck' to them, and some how they managed to find a card that sang that. DH got me 2 hanging baskets and best of all a new sewing chair. I have a fold away sewing table in a corner of my kitchen/ dining area, and have just always used one of the chairs from there. Now I have a chair that is much better for me and the floor, since it is on wheels. Going to try to get some kind of quilting done today. Need to do Brandon's block and Cancer Warrior block. If DH just leaves me alone, I should get something done. Should be good for a while he is going to be digging the hole for my magnolia tree. Have a blessed day all my quilting friends.

toggpine
May 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Oooh Hubby ain't gonna be happy.

I just got a "red light" ticket in the mail (for making a free-right-on-red, by the way). Since his name is first on the registration form, it came to him. He's gonna have to send in the form that says he's not the driver, then we wait to see if they re-issue the ticket.
If they do, I shall be asking for a mitigation hearing. I pulled up to the stop, no body was coming, made the turn, four seconds later, the light turned green. I had to pee so bad; my top thought was getting to the gas station before I coughed or sneezed!

I don't normally go that way because of all of the stop lights, but when you gotta go, you gotta go!
Should be a fun evening around here!
C

BellasQuilts
May 14th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Hello all. sounds like everyone had an emotional day yesterday. Hugs to all who did not share it with their moms.

I had a very quiet day. Hubby cleaned up some stuff for me from the baby shower, I declined an invite to breakfast since I had been going out with a visitor all week, hubby made dinner and I got to quilt three small quilts that had been screaming at me all week. It was heavenly. I had time to myself.

toggpine, I think they should let you off!

Hugs to all! M

bkthomas
May 15th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Well, it's just after midnight so now it is Tuesday and in a few short hours Blondie will be doing her Tuesday Hellos - I am always so far behind on this thread that I rarely add anything. So I just want to say I always read this thread - Love Mondays pic and love how she usually says Folksies - that's sweet. Wonder if she ever looks over the previous days thread to see if she missed anything. It's the best way to get to know everyone. Thanks Again!