PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with DH....

buckeyequilter
May 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
DH went to the mall with me this week-end.....

sewbizzy
May 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hahaha..what a good laugh!!!

MRoy
May 13th, 2012, 10:20 PM
'NUFF SAID!! :icon_rofl:

bkthomas
May 13th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yep, so true!

auntiemern
May 13th, 2012, 11:05 PM
If there was a list of commandments for marriage, #1 would be : Thou Shalt not take hubby shopping. Live and learn, lol.

phoots
May 13th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Love it!!!

Pam in Vegas

Suzyq
May 13th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Haha, laughing my big behind off here in Ottawa Canada as I'm "blessed" with a hubby who LOVES to shop! His idea of fun is to head across the border and snatch up good deals at stores we don't have here in Canada, eg JC Penny... But he's ever so patient while I wander around fabric stores... I'm the one who's not keen on mall shopping as clothes too small and big size clothes are too boxy... Oh guess what!!! My doc set me up with a surgeon on June 29 for a consult on breast reduction.... Can't wait!!! Anyone have any experience in this?

Jean Sewing Machine
May 14th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I call men with you on shopping trips the old " ball and chain"! But, if they offer to carry your bags, they are wonderful to have along. Or if they grocery shop, that is another plus. They need to put away the watches when with a wife who's shopping for fabric.

I herd the funniest thing one day whie shopping at Joanns. There were only two people cutting and dozens of customers waiting. One full bearded gent patiently waited for his wife to get her fabric cut. When she was finished, thy walked away and he muttered, " I was clean shaven when I came in here!". I laughed so loud I made my clerk lose her count on measuring my fabric! At least he waited til she was done to make some noise about the wait! Very hilarious!

lilmouse
May 14th, 2012, 02:56 AM
that would have cracked me up laughing too!

CrazyMtnLady
May 14th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Oh my DH LOVES to shop, but only at HIS kind of stores! As soon as it is my turn to shop then we have to hurry up because he is hungry or his feet hurt. :( But at least he does take me shopping now and then.

Tamara J Liddell
May 14th, 2012, 02:58 PM
lol.. Ladies, my b/f has learned to just drop me off at the fabric area/store and does his own shopping, while I browse and choose..

Jean Sewing Machine
May 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM
lol.. Ladies, my b/f has learned to just drop me off at the fabric area/store and does his own shopping, while I browse and choose.. Send him to the hardware store to look at nails and tools! That should keep him busy for a while.

quilter.martha
May 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
My DH is wonderful about shopping. Sometimes we go into a quilt store and HE finds fabric for me to purchase. He'll say, "wouldn't that make a pretty border?" Or, "that would look good in a baby quilt". How can I pass that up?

Jean Sewing Machine
May 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
My DH is wonderful about shopping. Sometimes we go into a quilt store and HE finds fabric for me to purchase. He'll say, "wouldn't that make a pretty border?" Or, "that would look good in a baby quilt". How can I pass that up?
He's one in a million, a keeper for sure! And creative, too. Good for you!

EnumclawGramma
May 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Ok, here's my two bits:
My hubby does ALL the cooking in my house. When we go to the grocery store it's me standing on one foot and another waiting to be done! He is a wonderful cook, and is always looking for hard to find, "go ask somebody" items. I get to push the cart. Funny, yes? He has been into the fabric store with me, once or twice. What works best? Drop me at the fabric store while he grocery shops. After 38 years we've worked out a pretty good system! It sure works for me!

tamsterg7
May 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Amen sister - if you want to spend anything more than quality time - leave DH at home in his chair!

nstitches4u
May 15th, 2012, 12:44 AM
How true! They do come in handy when you have bags of fabric to carry though.

auntiemern
May 15th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Should just tell mine to drop me off at fabric store on his way to Bass Pro Shop. I would have plenty of time to peruse.

Monique
May 15th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I can't shop with hubby either. Although he is getting a bit better, he will just go wait outside so he can have a smoke!