PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Blondie
May 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/baby-dog-smile.jpg

Hello Folksies,

There are words can make come folks blush. Words that make you feel warm with a memory rush. Some words can just put a smile on your face. Friday does that for most. Hope it puts a big one on yours.

Have a wonderful day.

Loonwatcher
May 11th, 2012, 07:17 AM
TGIF! Even though it has been a short work week for me, I'm still glad it's Friday. DH hasn't decided yet if he can bear the trip up to camp. We'll decide at the last minute tonight if he wants to go. Hope so, I've got a couple projects up there I'd like to finish up.

Have a great day,

MRoy
May 11th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Hooray for Fridays! This week has been so busy that it seems like I've missed some days altogether. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 11th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I'm with you Myrna, where did the week go? It has been extremely bsy, end of spring semester at college, but I'm finished, and looking forward to working on quilts again!

buckeyequilter
May 11th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Good morning.....hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm going to keep myself busy today and hope it speeds the work day along. Don't seem to have any trouble with the week-end speeding along....seems to do a fine job by itself.

Going to the country quilt shop tomorrow (the one DH made me nervous at)....so I'm getting my list ready. He wants a hat from over there - I think that's his excuse to go with me - because he has to try it on.

Molamola
May 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone. I am basting my first quilt today which is quite nerve wracking.

kelliedi
May 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
You can do it Molamola.... we have all been there... as for Friday.. WOOHOO WOOT WOOT .... DOING the snoopy happy dance as i say that
kellie

Bubby
May 11th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Good Morning!

DH took the day off so we can work at my old house, which is having electrical problems. We are facing a day in the scary attic and possibly under the house also. I hope this doesn't take all day...

We're ready to leave so I wish you a great Friday and for those of your who are off weekends, TGIF!! :)

CrazyMtnLady
May 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning!

Barb, be safe and watch out for those Brown Recluse spiders!

I kept rather busy yesterday with DH out of my hair mowing hay, I got my dishes done, cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floor and vacuumed the front room. Then I cut material for a Super 9 patch baby quilt. I hope to get the pieces sewn together today and maybe cut another one. I will have so many tops that will need to be quilted when I get my new machine I will be up to my elbows in quilt tops.

I do need to make cookies today. DH isn't going to set up at the gun show this weekend, but he is planning on just going for one day and see whats there. One of his buddies loves my Coconut Snickerdoodles, so I will make a batch for him.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend everyone.

hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
May 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Heading out to do grocery shopping - hope I can beat the week-end crowd. Blondie's picture looks so much like our baby Agnes it isn't even funny. We helped celebrate her first birthday yesterday and she was a hoot for sure. She had cake in her hair, her ears, up her nose but she was grinning to beat the band. To think that she was a failure to thrive baby at the start - you wouldn't believe how much she has chunked up. They were giving her a bath before we left and I could hear her singing in the tub "Nana, Nana, Nana, Nana . . . " Then one of the girls had to take her outside to play in her new 'water table' . . . bet she had another bath and another load of laundry before bedtime.

Hope Barb doesn't have to spend much time in the dark spaces.

Hugs and prayers.

toggpine
May 11th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Goood Morning Quilty Friends!

I am off to another meeting, this one at the County Emergency Operations Center. I hope it is more fun/informative than it sounds. Then write up the report on the meeting and head home to the farm chores and some serious fabric therapy. Actually, I'll be stopping by the fabric stores on the way home! I need to find a few pieces of red fabric to swap with the new group I found at the LQS. I have the blue bits no problem, but I'm kind lean on the red.
I see MSQC has bonus cash this weekend. I'll be doin' a bit of shopping here too as I really want a piece of that red fabric with the white scissors on it.....
Well, I had best get a moving, or I'm gonna be late.
You all have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Cathy

BellasQuilts
May 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Good Friday morning! Just a minute to pop on and say howdy. Have had business client in from Costa Rica all week. Today taking him and his wife wine tasting in our lovely valley and then up to the ranch to socialize around the campfire. Have a lovely day everyone!

brittyboo07
May 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Stopping by just for a moment! As you know a week from today is Really and well... i have a million things to do! So I will be taking a short break and probably will not be on till ummmm next weekend or the the Monday following haha! So no worries I will be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. There is a fun friday vision for you! I brought my relay quilt with me to work today and the machine is acting up here so I will have to finish it at home i guess! I got four more squares completed and only need three more! So while my mother is getting her hair cut Saturday morning I will be fabric shopping! Have a good weekend and next week ladies I will pop in if I can but I just do not see it happening!

Monique
May 11th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone. Just a quick note to say hello and that I will probably be missing from here this weekend. My grandbabies are coming and I am babysitting for the weekend.

My SIL had her surgery last night and is home resting as best as she can. She is in a lot of pain. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Have a great weekend friends.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day to all of you.

Blondie
May 11th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Hi Ladies
Had to pop in before it got too late for me. I was hoping to see our Ruby was safe and sound in CA and was thrilled to see her post.
Monique, Britt ~ my weekend visits here are always sketchy - this weekend will be no different. After work, I need to try to finish up a new casserole carrier for Mom's mother day gift. Her old ones have definitely seen better days. I know we will most likely grill out on Sunday and hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Barb, I dislike scarey, dark places. You're a better woman than I. Hope it went okay for you today.
Sandy, sounds like you already had a great mother's day gift with your name tribute song! What a treat. See, that brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.

To the rest of my favorite peeps, enjoy your Friday evening. I need to find my man. He's around here somewhere - I can hear him in the other room giggling over something. No fair. He needs to share his giggles with me. Y'all know how much I like to laugh.

Blessings to all.

[/b]