PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday is starting off wacky

Blondie
May 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/0091.gif

Hello Folksies

Well, we had a wild ride last night. Some storms rolling through the area kept knocking our power off. Thank goodness for lightning that would light the sky and wake us up. That is when we would realize that (1) our power had been knocked off and (2) it was still off

Luscious wearied of resetting the clocks, alarm, etc and finally during the last round, he fumbled around and found the old wind up alarm clock. Everything had to be reset this morning and I feared we would not get our computers up and going. It appears that somewhere along the line a big box must've been hit because the cable is finally back on. How sad and almost frightening that we have become so accustomed to technology. How in the world did we manage without the computer??? I was thankful we could at least get tv in because we have a dish. We were wanting to see the results of the primary voting here in NC yesterday.

After we voted yesterday, we worked out in the yard a bit in between the rain drops. Good day for planting and digging up. Sis and I ventured into the 50 acre wood and dug up some gorgeous ferns along the old creek bed and transplanted them under my big oak in the back yard. We then dug some for her shade garden. We had a good time and each carried a shovel to steady us going down the ravines and also kept an eye out for errant snakes - which thankfully probably heard us trampling about made haste. I am handy with a shovel or hoe.

Today is cleaning day. As I sit here and look around this room alone I am shocked to see how much dust has settled on the blinds in the past month. Yuck. I've already cleaned one bathroom and swept the floors. Now to finish the dusting and throw a load in the washer. I don't think it will be a good day to line dry outside. Showers are expected off and on. Yay for spring showers, just please Lord, no more electric outages. I don't like being without power to sit at the machine for long periods.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 9th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Good morning to all. Sorry, Blondie, to hear about your rough night, hope the day goes better. It is lovely and quiet here in the midwest, cool, low humidity, but sunny during the day. You are so ambitious to get a bathroom cleaned before 6:00 a.m. Wow! Mine needs it bad, but I'll ignore it for a few more days. I got one more of my packages yesterday, but it is still in the box, it is a folding table on rollers for my Featherweight, just in case I want to take my show (whatever that may be!) on the road. I've been a complete lazy bum since my busy weekend. Hope to get something done today.

Monique
May 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Good morning Blondie and Jean.

I did not do much of anything yesterday afternoon except have a 2 hour nap. On my way home I did see that the fiddleheads were ready so I stopped and picked some. Came home and got a pot and went back out to pick some more. I think I will bring my shovel with me next time and did up some more to plant at home. They are go good, had some for supper.

So today I will not say what I might be doing because every time I do, I don't. So we will see what today brings.

Happy Wednesday my friends.

Bubby
May 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Blondie, you sure are ambitious today! I also have to do some bathroom cleaning and sweeping today - also a trip out for veggies.

Our weather is gorgeous right now. We are having a cool spell. Last week it was hitting 90 every day but this week it's in the mid 70's and so gorgeous. We worked outdoors all day yesterday...DH was off work for Truman Day. We got a lot accomplished and felt good about ourselves at the end of the day. We were dog tired and turned in at 8:00. Don't anyone think I'm sleeping Beauty - we get up at 4:30 every day! Even when I have a chance to sleep in I can't do it...too many years getting up before the chickens.

I hope to find time to work on some quilt borders today. I plan to take quilts to my quilter Monday. I always call her and make an appointment with her and that forces me to get on the ball and finish up my borders!!!

Molly is taking her morning nap She seems to be feeling pretty good. I know she's gaining a little weight and like the rest of us in this household she doesn't need any more pounds.

I need to get busy on my housework ~ I could spend the whole day right here with you. It's such a treat to be able to talk to quilty friends!

Have a great Wednesday...Hugs, Barb

cyndiofthevortex
May 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone,

When it was too hot and dry all we wanted here in NH was rain. Well, I'm tired of it! Yesterday was one of those raw rainy days that make you turn the lights on inside the house all day long. Today there's a promise of some sun and some temps back up in the 60's so I will get OUT of this house and put some lovely little seeds in the ground. Well, the seeds aren't lovely at all, but the promise in the seeds is. And don't we all love the anticipation of a promise made good? I love planting with seeds. It's still is a miracle to me that they come up out of the ground and become flowers, proof of God's love of beauty. DH has put in a vegetable garden this year, which is all well and good, but surround me with the variety and color and scent of flowers and I am one happy chickadee.

aliaslaceygreen
May 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Good morning!! I do believe I will be vacuumming today before work...I am not committing to much more than that, and maybe folding laundry, though!! Last night I did clear off the surfaces of most objects in the studio.... almost everything in its place.... Work through Friday night, then two days off for the Fort Clifton Festival....

It was raining when I got up, think it is supposed to continue on and off all day....

Enjoy Wednesday!

Trish!

CrazyMtnLady
May 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Good morning all.

birds are singing and the sun is shining. It is going to be a gorgeous day.

DH and I went to West Plains, MO yesterday. He needed parts for his hay mower. He took me out to eat at a great Chinese Buffet, so my mood was much better than the night before. LOL! We also went into the Big Lots store there and as I was getting ready to check out I saw a Jelly Roll laying there, like someone decided not to buy it, and it was $6.00! The colors were pretty, but the edges were fraying a bit. There were 24 strips in the roll also. I figured it was not the best quality material, forgot to read if it was 100% cotton or not. I didn't have time to check out the store to see if they had more. :(

I am going to itch all day today! I am not going to take any Benadryl unless I take the non-drowsy type, but that just doesn't seem that affective. I have SO much cleaning to do. After a day of being zoned out on the Benadryl and then being gone all day yesterday I have tons of cleaning to do. DH is a FELIX UNGER! (for those you are too young to remember, Felix is the neat and tidy guy in the Odd Couple). And he does not do dishes. We have been together over 10 years and he has only done dishes ONCE. The only thing he will clean is the cast iron skillets. So, today while he goes and works on the hay mower and mows hay, I will be busy cleaning. I do have a mountain of ironing and clothes that need to be put away also. So I have my work cut out for me. Plus I need to find a place I can make Ava a "birthing station" here in the house. I do not want her to have her kittens outside again and lose them. DH will just have to suffer with a litter box for a couple months.

Hope you all have a great day..

Hugs and prayers.

Claire Hallman
May 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
We are having rain today, perhaps all day long. It is a good thing we did the needed yard work yesterday. Our front main flower bed was choked with monkey grass and it was going to kill the day lilies. It was very difficult to tell them apart and boy those suckers have a mass of roots. They are gone now.... for a while.
Today we need to make a hospital visit and when I get home I plan to clear some of the mess in my sewing room. I really want to finish my dresden plate wall hanging and placemats to use this summer. Tomorrow my DH is golfing so I should be able to sew a lot.

toggpine
May 9th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I'm off to see the dentist about a tooth. I'll check in later.

big hugs to all of my quilty friends!
Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
May 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Busy last days before my flight tomorrow at 8:40 am to Burbank...means with all the TSA stuff need to be at Honolulu Airport by 6:40 am meaning we need to leave Makaha Valley by 5:30 am at the latest. Oh my...luckily we're normally up by 5 but it seems when it's a MUST, I want to sleep in. lol

Did what I was hoping was the last shopping yesterday but noooo, need to go to some different stores to see if they have the 5 items missing off the lists.

Got Sarah's quilt binding on the back, used the binding connected with the binding tool (still have to read the fine print on it to remember how to use it!) worked on the first go around. Yeah, no ripping or more import no "oh sh*t it's too short!" Since it was late and my eyes were tired, thought it was best to finish the wrapping to the front and machine sewing for today. The one last photo session for the album, wash/dry and in the suitcase it will go. I'm going to pick three small Cali themed gifts and shipped it from Burbank to Jan, she can pass it on to Sarah for us.

Now to get ready to shop, get the roots done on my hair, early lunch/dinner with my DH at Marriott in Ko O'lina for Mother's Day celebration - what a guy, then home, some more sewing, then pack for trip, bed and up and plane!

Have a great day, prayers and love to all.

Huggers, Ruby

toggpine
May 9th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Ruby, have fun on your trip!
I'll try to have Laura's ready to send to you when you get back!

Well, the trip to the dentist was about as I had expected. He put me on some antibiotics and will pull the bugger next Thursday.

Oh a much happier note, on my way home from the dentist, I stopped by the LQS in the harbor to see what they had in the way of brighter purples, possibly batiks. I usually don't shop there because of the prices, but more importantly, the attitudes. I was greeted by a very friendly sales lady and the new shop girl she was training. Just about a 180 from the other times I had been in the store. She helped me and then encouraged me to step in and listen/join the group in the back.
The "Scrappy Ladies" meet once a month and focus on scrap types of quilts. I haven't done many of those, but I have the ever growing charm pack collection to deal with, so I thought it might be fun to join them for next month's meeting.
I am wondering if there has been some change ups with that store. The fabric selection was waaay down from what it was, and there are a few new products. With the new attitudes, I may come in more often. We'll see how it goes.

I hope you all have a great day and that you can get some fabric therapy worked into your day, even if it's just admiring your stash!
Hugs, Cathy

Well, I need to get a few household chores done around here and then I'll get to the machine today!