PDA

View Full Version : First Sunday in May

Blondie
May 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/excitement-featimg.jpg

Happy Sunday folksies!

I had not planned to stay at Mom's last night but she called me late, late, late and said she couldn't sleep and could I come down and play a round of card games. Now I was already pretty tired out myself and had taken a mild pain pill for my tendonitis, so it was an interesting walk down the hill. Once I got down there, we chatted for a bit and then went to bed. It seems she just wanted some company. No problem. She is good company most of the time. And some times she is lonely. Gotta love the Mommies in the world. And I have the bestest one. I would be willing to share her with everyone who needs the perfect hugs and words of endearments and encouragement. Gosh, it ain't even Mother's Day and I can wax poetic about my Mom. that's because I am blessed to have her and I know that I am blessed. That's being doubly blessed, y'all.

Anyway, the above venture down the hill is why I am so late in entering the MSQC forum this morning.
This afternoon is another grill out day at DD's. We are celebrating the deck that all the fellas have been working on over there. We will be grilling bar b q chicken, pork chops, I will be carrying potato salad, sis will be making some type of salad and everyone will be bringing themselves and a great sense of humor. I am certain you can tell by now, we are a very social family. Ain't it good to get along?

Have a wonderful day my dear ones. As I sip my coffee and read of yesterday, I will keep you in my prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 6th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Have a great day around the "bar-bee"! Wish I could come!

bakermom
May 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM
sitting here sipping some tea trying to decide what to do with my day today. DH is out turkey hunting so I'll be heading to mass alone. Will probably see DD and family there so there is the possibility of eating out afterward. Or i could just take myself and a book out afterward. either sounds just fine. later I will be working on a purse i started friday.
I have my DWR ready to put together for quilting but will wait till later in the week. i've asked DD to help me baste it so it has to fit into her schedule too.

Sandy Navas
May 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ahh, barbies, Mommas, turkeys - we had a 'pair' in the back yard yesterday afternoon. Old Tom was huge and strutting his stuff to a very uninterested hen. I used to do turkey counts for the state but quit when the countings got sparse. These two are the first we've seen here for a while though.

You know, Blondie, you make me yearn for that social network . . . my family is just so much further apart (distance wise) and even though I get to see Li'l Sis and my brother about once a month it takes some manipulation to get our calendars in alignment. We don't do much with DD and her husband since he works nights and does a whole lot of overtime. When he does have time off he's usually playing catch-up with maintenance and projects at home. Al and I have done things where we invite the kids over for a wienie roast and marshmallow dinner - those are so fun. Al isn't a social animal and I'm lazy so that's about it.

Think I'm going to play an early chore catch-up for the rest of the day and try to free up some time later in the week for quilting. I haven't even been in my sewing room except once in the last two weeks. I probably won't recognize it!!

Everyone have a wonderful day and rejoice! Prayers to those in need, hugs and broad shoulders, arms to warm your heart, and a special little tickle on your funny bone now and then.

GrammaBabs
May 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
And form the late riser..... WOW,,, i think i would love more of the country life!!!! I thought i'd arrived just moving here to the "burbs"... and wow, i just saw a turkey crossing the street the other day... we do have deer around... they love to eat the buds from the "gardeners" of our little comm... (not me of course)....
Enjoy, i'm going to try to make a walk around our circle... wish me luck!!! 1st sun in many days!!

janluna
May 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
So far my day consists of sleeping late, reading, playing on my computer, and waiting for my dinner which my DH is going to make for me. Perfect do nothing day. I never got the chance to go on my trip with my friends. Friday rolled around and I was too sick to go. I just did too much this week and it caught up with me. Joe is making me take the weekend off! And of course I let him! {:->
Have a wonderful evening, take a look out at the moon, it's beautiful, and have a great new week! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

debinmalaga
May 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Hello everyone, just poking my nose in to say hey, I miss you all, been a hectic time of job interviews, packing, getting new business "legal", managed to finish a quilt before breaking down my sewing room for packing. Several trips to WV and we love it more and more, few more weeks should see us moved for the most part, hopefully I'll be back online in June like I used to be, I've sure missed this forum. Hugs to everyone.

toggpine
May 7th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Wow, It was a busy day here too. I made a list of stuff I wanted to get done(7 items). I got about half of it(4), and added six other things. I just wondered where the time goes and how come I never seem to get anything done. The list was handy to track today. I added disbud the neighbor's baby goats, pull up all of the scotchbroom behind the barn, move stainless steel wash sinks and work tables, bake banana bread, completely weed the veggie garden beds (aisles will have to wait for another day), and remove the splint on Rhododendron's (Rhodie) front leg, to the list.
Our neighbor has a large recycle bin and she lets us top it off if she doesn't fill it. (My husband takes our garbage in to work, so they would charge us to have just a recycle bin.) I purged the house of all out dated phone books and our collection of cardboard that has been breeding above the freezer. I also jettisoned the paper bags I had been hoarding. We how have a snazzy bucket that looks like a coal hood for hauling out our woodstove ashes so no more paper bags needed for that chore. So take out the recycle got checked off the original list. I had Hubby drill 5/8" holes in the new 2 gallon bucket, so the Lambbar for the 2012 kids is now complete. I loaded the canned goods into the pantry from the last Costco run, check!
I did not get the second bottle of bleach down to the barn yet as the crock pot is still stacked on top of that box. The crock pot was also a list item. Sadly after all of the pulling of the scotchbroom and the weeding in the garden, I can't get down on my knees to stick the thing where it goes. That can wait until tomorrow! the last two things on the list are paper/computer work and I have had a hard enough time just spelling on here that I am going to pack it in for the night!
Tomorrow is another day!
You all have a good night & sweet dreams!
Cathy