PDA

View Full Version : curtains for sides of front door

Sasha Anzures
May 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
ok i am trying to SEW ( not quilt!!) some side curtains. does anyone know how much wider than the window that they neet to be to scrunch up a decent amount??? two times as wide as the window or more??? any info would be appriciated!!! thanks

HandsOffItsMine
May 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
2.5 minimum x the width of the window opening. :) if the fabric is really sheer then 3. Made so many window treatments in the homes we've been in. lol

Happy sewing.

Huggers, Ruby

Sasha Anzures
May 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
thank you Ruby!!!!! very much appriciated! this is my first attempt. if it goes well i will make curtains for my other rooms!! wish me luck!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 5th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I've always figured double the width of the window.

buckeyequilter
May 5th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I just made curtains for my kitchen and I made them 2x the width.

MRoy
May 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM
No less than 2X the width. I like curtains to be full so I usually do 2 1/2 times.

Bubby
May 5th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I like my curtains 2 1/2 times the width, unless the fabric is sheer and lightweight and then x3. It's really personal preference. :)

coffeebreak
May 5th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I make them at least twice as wide. More if I want more poofiness. I get sheets...they come in alot of prints and use a twin on each side of a regular size window or if I want a third panel in the middle..I use a third twin sheet. Or use queen size. I have made many curtains this way...added valances and all. Works great and they don't wrinkle!