PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day on Crazy Woman Mtn

CrazyMtnLady
May 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
We lost Georgie Porgie! I told DH that I had not seen Georgie in a long time. I don't think I had seen him only a couple times since DH left on his trip. Yesterday I noticed a bad smell outside when I went to get something from the outdoor kitchen. Today DH went outside and came back in and said he found Georgie. He was inside one of our storage tents. He looked like he had just laid down to sleep, but was gone. DH figures he was snake bit! He was such a great cat and a big lover.
I am hoping that Ava is pregnant and that she has a kitten that looks like Georgie. I just knew he hadn't run off.
He loved sticking his tongue out at me!!!!!
The first picture is a bit fuzzy but you can see he was a beautiful boy and he loved his "brother" Gator.

HandsOffItsMine
May 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Awww Donna, I'm so sorry about Georgie. He sure was a handsome boy! Our Smokey went like that, we found him like he was a sleep in a corner in one of the bedrooms. No trauma, a sleep on his side, in a semi curl. Makes me cry thinking back. Our animals are our babies.

They look so cute together, like Gator's expression "Whas up?"

Big Hug from me! Ruby

cyndiofthevortex
May 3rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty. We had a fluffy orange cat named Jed, and when he died I sure did miss him! You'll have to give all your extra loving to Gator - I'm sure he'll miss Georgie, too.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
So sad when you discover they have passed on. I lost one of my boys on my birthday, believe me there were tears that day!

brittyboo07
May 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
So sorry to hear this. I love my fur babies and it so hard when you lose one. hugs!

janluna
May 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Donna, I am so sorry you lost Georgie! I always have a hard time when one of my fur babies crosses over. He will be at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you and Gator. Hugs, Jan L.

JessicaP
May 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Kitty. Hugs

lilmouse
May 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
so sorry...;sure is hard

NanaB
May 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
So sorry to hear about Georgie. He sure was a pretty boy. I know you will miss him--as will Gator!!

auntiemern
May 3rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
So sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. They aren't just an animal, but a member of the family. My Max has been gone for 3 yrs now, but I still miss him.

auntiemern
May 3rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
So sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. They aren't just an animal, but a member of the family. My Max has been gone for 3 yrs now, but I still miss him.

auntiemern
May 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
do not know y this posted twice :(

bkthomas
May 3rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
Sad day indeed, so sorry to hear this, GodBless

quilter.martha
May 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
So sorry for your loss. I know how special a kitty can be. They become our children and its hard to lose them.

CrazyMtnLady
May 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. It is nice to be able to let others know when you are hurting in some way. You all have a way of brightening the day.

sewmuchjan
May 3rd, 2012, 08:53 PM
So sorry for your loss of dear Georgie.
Hugs (((((HUGS)))))
Love
Jan G

Kizzie
May 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
aww poor georgie porgie

what a little darling :( I'm sure he will be greatly missed!

quiltingtrish
May 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Awww, I'm sorry to hear about Georgie Porgie, They do tug at our hearts. I miss our kitties that have passed on too. They give us so much loving back.

Hugs,

Cat n bull
May 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
It hurts so bad to lose one of our furbabies. I am so sorry :-(

Shannon
May 3rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
He was a beautiful boy, so sorry for your sad loss.

aliaslaceygreen
May 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
Im so sorry... George was quite the handsome boy.... hugs to you!!!

MRoy
May 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM
So sorry about Georgie. He was a handsome fellow.

BellasQuilts
May 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Im so sorry you lost your beloved kitty. I know it is painful.

Genny
May 3rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Oh I am so sorry! Losing one of our pets is so hard... sending hugs your way.

ChristineB
May 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry! I can feel your pain! I have also had to say goodbye to a couple of very much loved four legged family members and it was not easy!

meemeecyn
May 4th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Sorry to hear about Georgie. Sounds like he was a wonderful friend. A snake? Do you have many poisonous ones in your neighborhood?
Cynthia

phoots
May 4th, 2012, 01:16 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Pam in Vegas

Blondie
May 4th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Donna,
how sad! Georgie was a very handsome baby. He looks a lot like a kitty I had many years ago that we called Decal. Love the pic with Georgie and Gator. Fingers crossed for Ava's upcoming litter.

CrazyMtnLady
May 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Sorry to hear about Georgie. Sounds like he was a wonderful friend. A snake? Do you have many poisonous ones in your neighborhood?
Cynthia

yes we have lots of Copperheads and I guess there are rattlesnakes and cottonmouths around also. Copperheads are the ones I usually see around the property when I see one. That's why I don't go outside without my pistol!

EeyoresGal
May 4th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Awhhhh I'm so sorry you lost your baby =(. *hugs* Lots of love!!!

Monique
May 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your kitty.

RFREE
May 5th, 2012, 06:11 AM
So sorry to hear about your cat Donna. I had a cat we called "Moma kitty" for 21 years. One morning we let her out and she never came home. I found her body a week later at my front door under a bush. She was such a good kitty. She was given to me as a stray. Someone had burned her with ;I always thought cigarettes;when I got her. She was soooo tiny and helpless. She lived a very good life with me. I miss her still:(

Bubby
May 5th, 2012, 07:10 PM
So sorry your lost one of your furbabies! He was a handsome boy!! Try to remember the good times with him...Hugs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
May 6th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts.
I was hoping that the family that said they wanted Ava had forgotten about her, but they showed up yesterday and now she is off to catch mice at their place (about 3 or 4 miles down the road). They said that when the litter is born I can have any one of the kittens I want. :) Fingers crossed for a yellow boy.