PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, the week marches on

Blondie
May 3rd, 2012, 06:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/200339883393467175_hRXz2UnA_f.jpg

Gosh, is it morning already? Yep. I feel like climbing back into bed. We finally turned on the a/c last night - we don't have central a/c just a few window units. So we turned on the small one in the bedroom to sleep a bit better. Laughed our socks off watching that Total Black Out (I think it's called), the new show that Urkel is hosting. silly silly show. I sure needed those belly laughs.

Not a super busy day at work; so I will work some more on the tree. I should have gone in this week but I was too busy playing in the yard. The tree will be a continuing WIP I think. Yesterday evening I made the torso to go along with the pumpkin gal (doll)and also base painted a Santa head I had sculpted. Now to make his body and clothes. I never have enough seasonal decorative stuff ready in time to set up and sell at a booth but I may try my hand once again at online sales and/or display in the salon. Since what I do is all folk art style without patterns, it always sparks some interest.

Hoping everyone has a great day!. Smile!!!!!!!!!!

buckeyequilter
May 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Good morning....

Looks like we're the only 2 up this early LOL

I'm at work (where I'm always at during the day). Not much going on.

Going to work on a quilt when I get home and that's about the extent of my day :)

Have a wonderful day!

ginampls
May 3rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Naw shucks i am up as well. umm,... coffee. good. i have to work today... got so much to do..had 8 days off in a row...almost too long of a stretch off..but hopfully i am at cutting counter. okay must dash off...love ya all.

Monique
May 3rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning Blondie and Shirley and Gina.

We had a very short visit with the kids yesterday. We took them out for dinner because Phil has done so well on his tests. He got 96 the other day, the highest in his class. Boy, we sure are proud parents. And I got a baby fix at the same time. I was pretty tired by the time we got home.

Today is grocery day.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
May 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Good Morning,

It's raining again today...such a good morning to sleep in! I had a really busy day yesterday but today will be slower than slow! I have some housework and laundry to do and then the rest of the day is mine. I hope you all manage to squeeze in a little sewing today. Have a great day....Barb

aliaslaceygreen
May 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Morning!!!
I am busy checking off all the last minute details for the Festival this weekend... Umbrellas. CHECK!!! As many as we can carry, to prevent the rain from even TRYING!!!

Went to guild yesterday, Eleanor Burn's sister did a really nice presentation of Eleanor's newest book.

Then, wandered into the Super Joanns for one spool of thread.

Only cost me $40 in the end!!

Came home and received a call that Michelle, Matt and Layla were in the area so we had dinner with them and got to play with Layla a bit!!!! Yay!!! She is getting too big too fast!!!

Off to the salt mines, I suppose. I owe, I owe, its off to work I go....

Have a great one!

brittyboo07
May 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Ok I have tried to post twice now and I have had to delete the post both times lol. I just can't seem to type or focus this morning. My neck popped this morning and now it really hurts. I have bengay on it and I took some ibuprofen for the pain along with and allergy pill so i am fighting keeping my eyes open at the moment. I guess thats why I have deleted this post twice! I am trying to get an appointment at the school clinic this morning. Wish me luck! Guess I will not be sewing tonight. Bummer I actually got some more sewing finished last night! Ok ladies i have to give it a break right now I can't see the screen very well!

GrammaBabs
May 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Now britty... you are to young to have those 2 guys in your life... Aurthur Itis... and Ben Gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm up and wishing we could have a little "warm".... our's has been low 40's at night,,, and lucky to hit 55/60 and "grey" for the days... about 4 days of this... and after the 80's we hit a couple of weeks back.. my joints a going.. WTH???? (that's the cleaned up version for you ladies)...
Blondie, i was on Etsy for a while... and my stuff just seemed to get lost there... it was give away pricing, (cause' i can't keep all the stuff i make).... when i did sell,,, the props were enough to make the head swell,,, but i think it's a wonderful place for people with a gift.... once you build up a clientle,,, your golden...go back... i'd love to see your work.. and missed the post about your tree,,, am very curious...
All you girls still work,,, which on some days i envy... (today not one, i can't move,, LOL)... but been there and done that..
Today we are going for lunch at my quilt friends.. (Sisters)... DH cut some molding for their doll house you would NOT believe this one... she read a series of book about a Tea house.. and has built the whole thing,, characters and all with such ornate tea pots, tables, desks, unreal.... so she is setting it on a large board so it's portable... she needed him to miter corner... for this we get lunch!!!! and a nice visit,, they live here in my comm.... i'll bring the hermits... oven heating ... so off for now... Have a good day.. hugs B

PS... Blondie.. i LOVE the "scattering dandelion".... that's me to a T... colors format and thought... would love that in a quilt block to build around!!

K. McEuen
May 3rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Ah, the smell of tar in the morning. Today is the day that the roofers started. They've been on my roof scraping the old roof off. Sounds like a herd of Spanish speaking elephants up there. I think there might be 5 or 6 of them, but inside the house it sounds like about 30 voices. They are all working, but all talking as well. It's kinda of funny. I just hope that one doesn't end up falling through the roof. It is repair times like this that I really hate being a homeowner. I'd much rather be spending the $$$ on something else, a long-arm, maybe. I would be able to get a nice one!

Hopefully you all have a quieter day than me. ;)

meemeecyn
May 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning! Just made some tapioca pudding to bring over to the Grandgirls and family today! (made blonde brownies yesterday....hehe!) It is my job to spoil them! Last week the oldest gave me a receiving blanket that had been her mother's (30+ years ago!) to repair. DD used it to make a cape for her dog, her at-home playmate back then. I backed it with fleece, added rickrack to cover the repaired rip, added a couple of yoyos and cut the edges like a rag quilt. Next week it is on to making pj's for a piece in her dance recital. Love those kind of projects!

Hope you all have a good day. Those that need extra hugs, many are sent your way.

Thank you for the opportunity to be able to call you all 'quilting friends'.
Cynthia

alwaysinmyroom
May 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Love the image, Blondie! But, it does remind me that I have to work on my art project for the Art House Mystery Project...I have to do a piece and leave it in a public place for a stranger to find...sort of like spreading art around for all to enjoy! Your image gave me an idea of what to do! Thanks!

meemeecyn--you also gave me an idea of how to repair a baby quilt that my niece refuses to give up even though she is now five years old! I can repair it with yo-yo's! Thanks for mentioning that project!

Today has started off great thanks to my morning check on the forum...everyone have a great day!

CrazyMtnLady
May 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Good Morning. It looks a bit dreary outside. I haven't heard the forecast so I am hoping it clears up.

Poor Britt! I know how it is when you have allergies and then need a pain pill. I would just give up and go to bed! :-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last evening DH and I were lying on the bed watching some old John Wayne western and he decided he was going to hug and wrestle with me, nibbling on my neck and tickling me. He got me laughing and TarButt thought he was trying to attack me and I thought she was going to bite him. She jumped up on the bed and growled and snapped at him, baring her teeth.
He got upset but i told him HE wanted a dog that would PROTECT me! And boy did he get one. He agreed, but was still not happy.
I just kept laughing about it!

janluna
May 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
Good afternoon my quilting family! Haven't been on much and have had a rough week. Went to the Doctors a week ago and he sent me to another one on Monday who promptly made me come in on Tues. for a procedure. I have been having trouble swallowing my food. They did an endoscope and stretched my esophagus. It was affecting my Asthma. I had no idea that could happen. They did do a biopsy as I have Barrette's Disease and is pre-cancerous but it is looking better and the sores are healing. So that was good news. Wednesday I had to go to my back doctor. He gave me some trigger point injections near my spine and worked more scar tissue out. That hurts! Oh well, no pain, no gain! He gave me a Tens machine and I have that now at home so if I spasm up I can use that to break the spasms. Today, I am doing wash, (last load is in the dryer thank goodness, and I'm also changing bedding. Then I am laying down and reading a good book after I get off the computer that is! You would think that is enough for one week, but NO, I am driving 7 crazy ladies to Syracuse,(that includes me btw, the crazy part) to visit a quilt shop that is 3 stories high. We will be there all day!! I'm taking my Tens machine with me. I can always go to my Durango and use it when I can't walk anymore. Now if I could just get my breathing under control, I'll be good to go. As long as I'm standing or sitting still my breathing calms down. So it will be a fun day out with the girls doing what us quilters do...SPENDING MONEY!!!!! We have saved our pennies all winter for this road trip. The name of the shop is Mission Rose, in case any new yorkers are interested. They tell me it is fantastic. I'll let you know tomorrow how it was if I have the strength to push the letters on my computer. LOL
Love and Hug and prayers to all, Jan L.

lilmouse
May 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Jan..I am so sorry you are having so many problems this week....hope the machine helps...good luck and will keep you in my prayers..enjoy your day Shopping with the girls!

quiltingtrish
May 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Oh Jan, enjoy your trip out with the ladies. I wish I were coming along too.
Glad you got some help with your breathing and back spasms. Those things can sure bring one down fast.

Trish - I was supposed to go to my girlfriends Guild meeting tonight to see Eleanor Burns' sister, but I worked all day and it is an hour and a half drive one way for me. So, I opted to have her tell me all about it. I would be driving home in the dark and I know those deer are out - get home at 11 - just too late for me. Glad it was a good presentation and that you got to go.

Dealing with some sort of bug or spider bite on my neck I think I got on Monday. It's pretty swollen today so I am putting heat on it to try to pop the infection out of there. I'll live, that's the good part. Why go to the doctor when I can lance and pop it out of there myself. Told DH, in the meantime, if it looks like I've gone crazy or pass out, then he can take me in.

Well, off to check more messages. I do LOVE seeing everyone's projects even though I don't always comment. Sometimes there are so many that I can't seem to get off of here. But that's okay, keep posting them. They are all beautiful eye candy.

Have a super evening everyone~~
Hugs,