PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday morning

Blondie
May 2nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/231653974552563668_HchoECaN_f.jpg

Happy Wednesday!

Don't you just love the above sign? Found it on pinterest and thought, I would love to SITD a lot of folks who always find the bestest parking places. Not that I am lazy or can't use the extra walking, lol. But I always seem to get the parking that is furthest away from my destination.

Yesterday was a mixed bag of gardening, hand quilting and mopping the kitchen floor. Repeatedly. It was a misty, foggy morning and each time I let the pooches in and out, their paw prints were everywhere.

Today I intend on doing some grocery shopping - something I don't generally do mid week, but heckfire shoot, when one is out of milk and cereal and bread and well, you get the idea. I try to not waste my trips to town, so I need to go check out the cupboards and see what else I am needing to replenish.

I am asking for some extra prayers for a local family who lost their only child in Afghanistan this past week. Brandon Eggleston went to school with my children, was married with two small children of his own. I was beyond shocked to hear this. This particular family has had a lot of sadness and the only living members of his immediate family left now are the fragile grandparents. His wife and babies live close to Fort Bragg - hoping that she stays in touch with the grands.

Have a wonderful day dear ones ~

mamaquilt
May 2nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hi there everybody,

I wouldn't mind walking if there would be more quilting/fabric stores in Luxembourg. The one downtown is rather expensive as it's the only one in town. Actually it's not only a quilt but a craftstore.

Well a couple of days to go and we'll be out of therapy. Gladly so, as it is raining most ôf the time. I would rather use those rainy days in my sewing room.

See you around and you'll have a nice quilting day

greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

MRoy
May 2nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Good Morning...I love the sign Blondie. I'm sending prayers for Brandon's family, such a sad thing to hear.
I'm having my coffee while watching Joyce Meyer on TV and visiting here. Summer seems to be here, temps in the upper 80s this week. I guess it's time to get my annual flowers bought and planted. I'm not much of a flower gardener, but I have porch planters that need filling.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

buckeyequilter
May 2nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Good morning.....

Getting ready to leave for work in a few minutes.

I got the comic book cards I ordered and began putting the fabric on them but need to pick up some clips today. It looks so pretty on the boards and I'll be able to see what I have. Don't know how I'm going to organize it yet, but will figure it out. That's what I'll be working on when I get home from work today.

My DH usually does the grocery shopping but if we need something in between trips, since I work in town, I stop and pick it up. Now if I have to do a large grocery run - I make that trip count and decide where I need to go and hit all the stores before I come home. It's a 45 minute drive to the town with JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby....so that's where I do my shopping:) It's a 20 minute drive to anywhere to get groceries so I may as well drive the extra and get it all done.

The rain woke me up early this morning - so maybe I'll be on time for work this morning LOL.

Well gotta run - have a wonderful day!

GrammaBabs
May 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
FIRST.... tears and prayers for this family.... it sobers me knowing how lucky i am to still have my son and daughter... Hope he's with the angels in charge of "our watching over" ... Lord we all need it here...in this country...

Then... How i loves me to food shop... sick i know... but i'd rather do that than anything... love doing the isles and the endcaps for the "good deals" while thinking of what i can make with it.... DH says that if we lose power while we are on our cruise... it's gonna cost us a bundle!!!! LOL

Off to WA and then mail out my Jacobs Ladder blocks.. still hoping they are good enough!!! but the girls here will love me no matter what right???? :)
Tonight NO COOK... DH will bring home a pizza... he's working the last of his 2 day week.. LOL... we retired farts aren't going out for it tonight,,, so he'll bring it to me!!!!
Spoiled and i know, it,,, but earned it over the past 43yrs...hugs Barbara

Monique
May 2nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning. Blondie, love the sign. And prayers going out to the family of the young man. So sad!

After work today, we are headed to Kingston (a three hour drive) to return my son's car. And I get a baby fix in there too.

Yesterday, I cut the remaining blocks for the dresden quilt. I have 24 blank squares and 24 dresden plates. I posted two pics in show and tell to get your opinions. I either need one more plate or start with the blank squares. The centre block will be different fabric from the rest of the plates though, but I don't think this matters.

So today is a write-off. I need to get the Jacob's Ladder blocks done SOON too.

You all have a wonderful day.

brittyboo07
May 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Good Morning!!!

First off Blondie thank you for sharing with us the prayer request for this family. Thoughts and prayers are with them during this time. And an extra blessing to him for serving this country and making the ultimate sacrafice.

The picture above is to cute!

I woke up a little early this morning, ran through the shower and now i am at work... just not wide awake haha! Well they wrapped up their work last night in the apartment with the exception of setting the toilet & vanity and they will do that once we get the sheetrock on the rest of the wall and the flooring down. Now I have to stop by today and pay the bill yikes! This is the part I dislike! It was slightly over their projected quote because they had to replace the shower valve & they put in the vent for the dryer. Anyway I am very pleased with their work and it looks good! It appears that the sheetrock however will not be gotten to until next week which kind of bites! I am not very good at being patient for things like this!

We will have a full day in the lab today with 3 classes so not sure how much down time I will have today. I will try and pop in when I can!

Have a smurfy day!!!!

Beakkmom
May 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Blondie, prayers for the family of the young soldier - and for those in the military that remain in harms way.
The sign is perfect - hope to see it near our local quilt shop! I've been disorganized lately, so haven't popped in like I did this past winter. I'm behind on my quilting, but have plans to sit down and get more BOM's done Thursday. Off to work soon. Blessings to all.

Lin

debi weaver
May 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Love the sign! Will keep it for future use, too!
I find myself parking further and further from the doors because people are really careless about banging the sides of my car when they get in and out of their cars! I think there is a bigger need for courteous behavior and care of others' property in this generation!

I definitely will be praying for Brandon's wife and children. How very sad!
I also hope she has a good support family that will not only hold her up in prayer, but help her through these times. I also pray for the elderly grandparents. How their hearts must be broken now. I know how my Dad would respond to one of his kids going before he does, so I will pray that God's comfort is very real to these dear people.

Have a fun time - grocery shopping! Since you're going to town, browse in a fun place, too. I find that makes the trip a little more worth it!
Love, debi

CrazyMtnLady
May 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Prayers for Brandon's family and for all those young men and women that our fighting for us.

Have fun at the grocery store. We also need to make a run to town for a few supplies. The basics, eggs, milk, butter...etc. Every June when my yearly check comes we go to a store about 30 miles away called Shetler's. It is a scratch and dent store plus bulk supplies run by the Amish. We will spend a lot at that time by buying 50 pound bags of flour, rice, beans, sugar and whatever I can get in bulk. I bought a gallon jug of Vanilla 2 years ago and it is just running out so hopefully they will have that again. We buy vegetables by the case too. You never know what they will have because they are scratch and dent. I take the flour and other bulk stuff and put it in gallon size freezer bags (they are stronger than storage bags) and then put them in a rubbermaid tub. It sure saves on going to the grocery store throughout the year.

We are thinking of unloading the sidecar bike from the trailer and taking it to town. I love riding in that thing.

Started to design a wall-hanging for our friend in Texas that was here visiting. I will post pictures when I have the pieces cut and can lay it out for a photo. His wife loves and raises horses so I plan on have a horseshoe in each corner with the state of Texas in red, white and blue in the middle with a star on it. When I finally wake up enough to concentrate I will work on it.

Have a great day.

Hugs and prayers.

CrazyMtnLady
May 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Just had a Hummingbird fly by the screen door. Guess I better get the feeders cleaned out and filled. I love it when they come back each year.

brittyboo07
May 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
I love to watch the hummingbirds at my grandmothers!

Blondie
May 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I've had my first hummers as well. Plus we have several birds nesting around the house. Chickadees, robins and a house wren. Love to hear their little cheeps and the unforgettable sound of the hummers wings.

Bubby
May 2nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone...I've been out running errands all day and it's so nice to be able to sit down and chat for a minute. Molly had to go to the groomer and the vet and I had to grocery shop and run other errands....got everything done! My trip included a brief stop at the fabric store for some more backing material for my stash. My stash is so large there's no place to stash it other than on the daybed in my sewing room.

Blondie, I'm so sorry about the young many who lost his life...the grands and his wife and kids will be in my prayers.

Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
May 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Prayers for the young man's wife and children. It hurts my heart everytime I hear of another loss for us.

Book sale at the library tonight. I am looking forward to seeing any new items up for grabs. Paper books are 10 cents. Doesn't matter what kind of book - 10 cents! Hardbacks are 50 cents. If it's a newer book, it might cost a buck or two. The last time I went, I bought The Help for $2. Read it and passed it on already.

Guess I got bit from some sort of spider or bug the other night. Big welt on my neck, but hasn't bothered me or felt sick from it, so guess I am still living.

Started my 2nd BOM applique. Need to get moving on that and get the binding done for the Tree of Life. That quilt is going on and on and on. Driving me nutso so guess I better get it done. haha.

Hope you all have a good evening!! I'll holler if I find any great books.

Hugs,

toggpine
May 3rd, 2012, 02:12 AM
I have decided that I am going to be a one-term-wonder. I have had enough of this Training Director volunteer job. It is worse than being a substitute teacher in middle school!
I wanna crawl into a pile of fabric and disappear for a very long time.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I am going to the zoo with the kindergarden class. Whoo hoo!
C

bkthomas
May 3rd, 2012, 02:32 AM
My heart and my prayers go out to the Eggleston Family as well as my gratitude!

Love the sign Blondie

HandsOffItsMine
May 3rd, 2012, 02:51 AM
I have decided that I am going to be a one-term-wonder. I have had enough of this Training Director volunteer job. It is worse than being a substitute teacher in middle school!
I wanna crawl into a pile of fabric and disappear for a very long time.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I am going to the zoo with the kindergarden class. Whoo hoo!
C

I've had volunteer positions like that...the minute they hear you know PowerPoint or you know PivotFormulas in Excel "Oh this won't take more than a couple of hours a month" - "We'll vote you in as VP of Charity Finance or Fill in the Blank".

I say "Run Girl, Run". Go to the Zoo, you will have so much fun, please take pictures of little Em and post. We would love to see her, I'm sure she's grown!

janluna
May 3rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Blondie, Your young man and his family are in my prayers. I so hope for an end to this war and everyone can come home. I pray for the wounded warriors also. They will have another type of war on their hands when they get home and become regular citizens again. My heart breaks for all of them. Hugs, Jan L.