PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays at my TGIF

Blondie
April 28th, 2012, 07:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/133982157634329283_MqIgNT8J_c.jpg

Good Morning Folksies! Welcome the weekend. We both overslept this morning, and for some reason I kept thinking it was Sunday. Gosh, I need about a gallon of high test coffee!

Okay, the tree. I didn't get anything done yesterday, obviously. This afternoon when the clients are gone I may do some more. I cannot take pics because my camera is broken. I will see if I can get my DD to drop by and do a few clicks with her phone. Sorry, no cell phone these days for me.

Sandy, it is looking fairly overcast outside and it is downright chilly with the breeze making it cooler. Ahhh, sweatshirt weather. I do love cool weather as opposed to hot, sticky, can't breath weather that will be coming soon enough.

Sure hope that everyone enjoys the next few days. I am staying with Moms tonite and possibly tomorrow night. I may not be able to get in here early for the morning hellos; heckfire shoot, I may not get online at all if the weather comes in that they are calling for.

Be safe, blessings to all and of course, hugs and prayers to all of my dear ones here.
JanL, I am keeping you in special prayer.

MRoy
April 28th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Good Morning. It's a chilly morning here too. I'm enjoying my coffee with some great gospel music on the TV. My favorite types of music are country, bluegrass, and southern gospel. The Country's Family Reunion shows on early (5 am) Saturday TV have them all and I can watch or just listen over and over. I enjoy the Gaither Homecoming shows too.

No plans here today other than to mow the yard if it doesn't rain. Wishing everyone a wonderful, peaceful day.

sunnyQLDmum
April 28th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Morning Blondie, just a quick hello tonight. My husband keeps telling me that it's well past Bump's bed time and I need some rest too. He does look after me well, even though he has gotten into the habit of calling our unborn child Bump or worse, Fatty! So I'm off to bed.

Night, night
Tina

Monique
April 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Sorry I have MIA for a few days.

Good morning, it is great to be back. I missed you all. I have been busy organizing my stash into bookcases. I did manage to get one bookcase together, but it doesn't look brand new anymore. It was a four-man job and I only have two hands. I thought these things were supposed to be simple. Plus I put my back out of whack. Sore, sore sore. I did manage to break it but it is still functional. I did not realize I had that much fabric. I may have to stop shopping for a while.

On Thursday, I spend the day and the night at my dear friend's place. We played cards pretty well the whole time. Great fun.

I have a friend coming over today. Her man is gone with my man on the golf trip. We will go shopping for wedding outfits today. My brother and his GF will be stopping by to bring me a gift and pick up some wooden chairs that he says he can fix. It should be a great day today.

I was in bed early last night, so I am well rested today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

P/S We have terrible wind here and it is freaking cold!!!!!!!I thought winter was over.

Came home y

Bubby
April 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
TGIF Blondie!

Good morning everyone! What happened to our weather since yesterday? All of a sudden it's in the high 30's and the furnace is running!!! Yesterday I was using the A/C...what a crazy spring.

DH is coming home from his hunting trip this afternoon. As far as I know he hasn't killed a turkey yet, but the weather is so bad where he is he says the hunting isn't worth it. After I get off here Miss Molly is going to get a bubble bath.

Yesterday I sewed some blocks into rows for my DGS's graduation quilt and also squared up some Dresden blocks. I cn't wait to start a new quilt but some of these UFOs need to be finished up first.

I'm off to capture Molly and get her into her bath....this isn't her favorite thing to do on a Saturday moning! She will be miffed at me the rest of the day.... :)

buckeyequilter
April 28th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Good morning.....

Just went for drive through the wildlife area - actually we live in the wildlife area. Hubby's looking at the fishing spots. We saw the turkey hunters out there. Saw some deer, geese and ducks - not too many critters stirring this early.

I'm heading out to work on my quilts. Will hopefully get my order from connecting threads today. It only takes a couple of days - I was reading on their site that even though they are located in WA their distribution center is in Ohio.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

CrazyMtnLady
April 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Happy Saturday. I did not want to get out of bed today. I am so tired. I was doing fine yesterday, just taking it easy and not doing much of anything. My neighbor Laurie stopped by with a plant for me. Actually it is a purple leaf stuck in a container of dirt, so I don't know if it will actually take root and grow. Don't even know what type of plant it is. LOL.. Anyway, Laurie has a drinking problem and I could tell she had been drinking. She wanted to teach me to drive. I know HOW to drive, I just don't WANT to drive. LOL. Then she wanted me to drive her home (a mile up the road). I said I could but then how would I get home, other than walk. She said she would bring me back...ROFLMAO. I told her I would just follow her home on my gator. Her DH was coming home from off the road, he is a trucker. So I sat with her from about 5:30 until her DH came home about 10. She is a really sweet when she isn't drinking but, can be a pain in the butt when she's drunk. I don't mind "babysitting" her, because I know she gets lonely with her DH on the road all the time. She gave me a necklace last night. It is a cross with turquoise squares. I am going to ask her when she is sober if she really wanted to give it away. I am afraid it might have some meaning for her.

Today looks like it is going to be a nice day. I may try to do some more yard clean up even though DH told me not to overdo it! We would do it together when he comes home in a couple days. So I may pull out all the tissue holders I have ready to sew and do some sewing.

Time to feed the critters and me.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
April 28th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I am going to echo everything that has been said already . . . I'm tired, I don't want to be up on a ladder, it is cold out, I have a drunk friend, my dog needs a bath (he's not going to get it from me), but my critters have all been fed.

Monique - wish I could have been there to help you put your bookcases together. There are some things that we do need help with. I need help just getting out of bed sometimes.

Okay, enough of my silliness - I'm not going to DDs today. Told her I'd be back on Monday. I need a couple days to recoup and get some me time in. Not certain what that will be because there is much to be done - and since it is chilly and damp outside (it did rain last night) I think I'll be confined to the house (hopefully the sewing room most of the time).

Special prayers, warm wishes, hugs, broad shoulders, and lots of laughter for all in need. I may head south to meet Donna's friend and have a sippy cup or two later in the day . . . a cold glass of Chardonay . . .

GrammaBabs
April 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Good morning all.... i feel lucky and spoiled... nobody needs help,,, DH and i had a nice lazy sleep in with a snuggle before rising.. made him an egg and ham on english.. have been farting around on the puter,,, enjoying the daily notes from friends and being a good girl... checking DD and saying,,, NO, you don't need that...
It is COLD... we had freeze last night............ heat ran... sun is out strong.. so off to putz... hoping to put all the JL into the final square today... and make a pillow for DF's birthday tomorrow..
The table topper i made from the "too small Jacobs Ladders" , and coasters to match will be the gift for friend Maryjane... it's a 2fer Birthday LOL
Rest dear friends... and enjoy your weekends.... :)Barbara!!

Granny Judy
April 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks, Barb, I'm a restin today. I've been pushing myself to get that Nurse quilt done for DD#1.. already had another one almost finished when I found those Nurses saying and had to whip out another one.. All is finished and boxed up.. I can't wait to see her face when she gets her goodies.

Just chillin here, too. Maybe it is a BAKING day.. get the oven going and warm up everything whilst a good meal is making. I get to rest and have a meal ready. Yup, that's what I do when the cold winds blow and the thermometer doesn't want to rise above 30 F.

Hope everyone has a great week end !!!

quiltingtrish
April 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone~~
Went to a 'cutting bee' today with our Guild. There were about 15 gals who participated. You bring 2 or 3 yards of fabric that you don't want anymore and everyone cuts their own strips into 2 1/2" strips. They are all laid out on a table in strip piles. Then we all gathered around the table and took one of each of whatever you wanted. There was so much left over that we all walked around again and again. The rest of the day was for sewing on your own projects, but I left and hit a few yard/church sales.

Came home to see if there is any special requests from Odie for the food store so that's where I am headed next.

It's chilly here in PA too today. We had the heat off but slipped it back on again. We put on the sweatshirts but when the jiggling starts cause of being chilly, the heat goes on.

Hope to get some sewing in today. I hope you all are too.

Hugs,

Debbie MM
April 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon, this has been sort of a downer day, the lady that lived across from me when I was growing up passed and I had to attend the funeral. It was a definite celebration of her life. Her children and us grew up more as sisters and brother than neighbors. It was good to see people that I not seen as years. I will be making quilted prayer cloths for two of her daughters

janluna
April 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I was lazy today. It is cold here too. I wish everyone a wonderful Sunday. Prayers for those in need. Blondie, Thank you, You are very sweet. Love you all. Hugs, Love, and prayers, Jan L.

HandsOffItsMine
April 28th, 2012, 10:51 PM
The VOG from the Volcano on the Big Island that has been in the air the last four days did me in. Bad headache and my chest hurts, I guess being out yesterday on the road trip exposed me to too much of the volcanic dust. It's much worse than a bad smog day in LA. Yuck.

Prayers and hugs to all, Ruby