PDA

View Full Version : I'm exhausted...

Genny
April 28th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Well I'm whining...last week I started my new shift at work...midnight shift...and I'm exhausted. Our company can change your hours at the drop of a hat and think nothing of it. I'm 61 years old, tired and cranky...have a bad case of kidney infection and probably kidney stones again , its raining cats and dogs out and I don't know if I can take another year of this night shift or not. I hope my body will adjust but I'm not holding my breath...I've got too much to live for...lol...

Now for more pleasant things...My daughters and I are going flower shopping in the morning. We do this every year about this time and have so much fun. We stuff so many flowers in my car that 2 of us are holding some on our laps by the time we get home! This year we're taking my daughter's van...that should help some.

Thanks for listening and hopefully when you hear from me again I'll be able to post some flower pics! :icon_bigsmile:

Suzyq
April 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Here's a comfort (hug).... I retired two years ago and never thought I'd see the day with my ticker still pumping after 37 straight years of work. I hear ya alright... Try to fit in as many fun things in your life as you can.. It makes the time fly, and there's lots to Do that doesn't take much money. Have a wonderful day with your daughter and be thankful you have her, i wish I had a daughter... Don't forget to put some of,those lovely flowers in your home.. They'll cheer you up for sure! Now here's another hug for good measure!!!

lilmouse
April 28th, 2012, 01:22 AM
sending you a hug...kidney infections and/or stones are no fun!...neither is the midnight shift....sending lots of hugs..enjoy your day with your daughter

Momofmonsters5
April 28th, 2012, 03:21 AM
The mid night shift is so unhealthy long term. It will wear your body down. I worked it too but we rotated because at least our company knew how unhealthy it is to do that long term. I hope you feel better!! If your a pill taker start taking vitamins and some vitamin C since you hardly see the sun anymore. I sound like my Gran but I learned alot from her may she RIP. Cranberry helps kidney infections there's some over the counter stuff to help to....Hugs your way and enjoy your daughter!!

bkthomas
April 28th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I am really sorry to hear that you have to work...and the night shift...ugg..am feeling much sympathy and compassion for you!((( Big Hugs)))

Bubby
April 28th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I was forced to work the night shift once and I ended up in the hospital....my body can't do it for some reason. I'm sending you hugs and prayers that you won't have to be on this shift much longer. Take care of your kidneys...nothing to mess around with. :)

Genny
April 28th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm not feeling much better today but I'm going flower shopping anyway. I will have both my daughters with me and I wouldn't miss this for anything. I know all about kidney stones and infections. I had kidney surgery about 12 years ago and have had surgery for kidney stones 3 times since. Not fun!

aliaslaceygreen
April 28th, 2012, 09:12 AM
ugg... I feel for you! My DH is on rotating shifts, I don't know HOW he does it... but 33 years he's been at it... I don't know 3 am very well, at least not since those crazy 20 something years...

Enjoy your flowers!

CrazyMtnLady
April 28th, 2012, 09:53 AM
{Hugs} I hope you get to feeling better soon. The flower shopping with your daughters should put a smile on your face for sure.

I don't know what type of work you do, but, is there anyway you can talk to management and explain your health concerns and see if they could change your shift? I think it would be worth a try.

Genny
April 28th, 2012, 10:15 AM
{Hugs} I hope you get to feeling better soon. The flower shopping with your daughters should put a smile on your face for sure.

I don't know what type of work you do, but, is there anyway you can talk to management and explain your health concerns and see if they could change your shift? I think it would be worth a try.

No, I will be on this shift till I retire next April, unless I quit before. This company has over 18,000 employees nationwide and knows exactly how to work around getting what they need whenever they need it. They have us where they want us because they pay high wages.