PDA

View Full Version : home sick

mamaquilt
April 27th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Hello quilting/sewing ladies/men

Going on the forum every day and seeing all the wonderful things each one of you make, I'm getting home sick. Especially for my sewing machine. One more week to go. Being in therapy, not having to cook and clean sounds good for about 1 week, or a week and a half, but then, I have to move and do something different from only reading and knitting. I have to admit the weather is no good either, so we can't take long walks.
But we can't complain about the hotel and the food. Both excellent. This picture was taken in the summer

Have a nice quilting weekend and many greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Bubby
April 27th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Hi Michele....I can't imagine not being able to sew...hang in there and design new projects while you have this down time. Hugs...

brittyboo07
April 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
stay positive and you will be ready to sew when you get home! Almost there!

Suzyq
April 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM
A wonderful opportunity to take the time to think up all the projects you'd like to do this year... Jotting notes sure helps me and the time passes quickly. Chin up!!!

CrazyMtnLady
April 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I know it must be hard not to be sewing, but enjoy the down time and just relax. And like the others have said.. design your next project.

auntiemern
April 27th, 2012, 01:40 PM
You will be back to sewing in no time. Get a book of graph paper, some colored markers, and design. That is how I used to do all of my quilts.

Lenie
April 27th, 2012, 05:42 PM
dear Michèle,
I do understand your point, I'm not good at doing nothing either. Work hard is my therapy sometimes, when things get tough. But soon enough you will be back in your daily routine, so enjoy the peace, as long as you have it.

Blondie
April 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Aww, I can understand you completely. I always try to plan ahead but never have enough handwork. And I generally forget to bring a good book. Then I get antsy like you. Yep. Sisters.