PDA

View Full Version : Uuuuggghhhhh Its Raining

csarina
April 26th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Officailly in the UK we have a drought, that is not the case here in Scotland, we have lots of water and more hissing down from the heavens as I write.

We have a wet weather and snow warning, the wind is something else, coming from the East - Russia, its sssooooo coooold....and dark as well we have the light on in the sitting room its so dark.

Our forecast is for 2 days rain over the next 72 hours, the river in the town is in spate now, thanks heaven we live well up the High Street and on the second floor!! The last time we had heavy rain the water was almost up to the top of the arches on the bridge, we narrowly avoided the town being flooded.

Does anyone know how to build an ark? looks like we might need one!!!

Bubby
April 26th, 2012, 07:29 AM
No time to build an ark....I'll come by in the fishing boat and pick you and OH up!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 26th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I met a Scot this weekend who described the weather in Scotland and the light/ dark pattern to us-- just as you say it is today. I didn't realize how far north Scotland was, hence the dark mornings way into mid spring! Learn something new every day!

CrazyMtnLady
April 26th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Barb, be sure to pick her up in a BIG fishing boat she will want to save her sewing machine and stash!

At least with it raining so bad outside, it gives you an excuse to have to stay inside and quilt.

buckeyequilter
April 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
First of all you need to go shopping for a ruler that measures in cubits then get some ark wood - the Ark measured 300 x 50 x 30 cubits (found these measurements on-line) :)

Sure hope you don't need an ark.

Sandy Navas
April 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sending paddles, and unicorns, and a helicopter with a sling.

cyndiofthevortex
April 26th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Oh, I'm sending lots of sympathy your way. Too much water is scary - there's nothing you can do about it. I like a nice spring or summer rain with maybe a bit of thunder, but not the cold rain that seeps into your bones. I hope it ends soon and the sun comes back out and warms and cheers you up!

csarina
April 26th, 2012, 12:28 PM
First of all you need to go shopping for a ruler that measures in cubits then get some ark wood - the Ark measured 300 x 50 x 30 cubits (found these measurements on-line) :)

Sure hope you don't need an ark.

Do you mind converting that into yards and feet???? Cubits went out with the ark!!

buckeyequilter
April 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Do you mind converting that into yards and feet???? Cubits went out with the ark!!

Here you go:

450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet deep

Jean Sewing Machine
April 26th, 2012, 01:13 PM
We had our bible lesson for today! And math class also!

buckeyequilter
April 26th, 2012, 01:16 PM
We had our bible lesson for today! And math class also!

LOL...now I'm ready for a nap, that's a lot of teaching.

janluna
April 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Don't forget your waterwings!!!!!!