PDA

View Full Version : Good Thursday Morning!

Blondie
April 26th, 2012, 06:48 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd68/JeanMarieP3/Digital%20Scrapbook%20Layouts/April-Showers.jpg

Happy Thursday folksies!

Lots of thunder boomers rolling through overnite that kept waking us up. I love to hear it rain and storm as long as I am in bed, safe and warm. Today sounds like more of the same. I always feel so sorry for the folks who make appointments only to have it storm on them. I don't expect my oldest client to show up today. At 96, she doesn't like to drive in the rain or snow. Gosh, neither do I, so I am on the right track!

I was relieved to see that I am not the only one who gets frustrated at "long shoppers". My poor Daddy would just sit outside the store or in the car - then he got to the point where he would say, I can't take this. Why do you have to stop every 2 feet? I reckon I got my Daddy's nature. I have never been a good shopper. I think that is one reason I enjoy the internet so well. No crowds, I can take a break any time, and the sale prices are everywhere, don't have to worry about traffic, weather or the price of fuel.

Have a wonderful day everyone! And SMILE! It's almost the weekend.

Blessings to each one

MRoy
April 26th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Good morning! We've just had a thunderstorm with high winds and more are predicted later. There are reports on the local news of trees being down across roads, power out, etc. As far as I can tell, we're okay but we won't really know if we have any damage until after daylight when DH makes the morning drive around the farms checking on cattle.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy day!

Bubby
April 26th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Good Morning!

I just got DH out the door for his hunting trip! He will be gone a few days and I plan to spend a lot of time in my sewing room and planting flowers....how bad is that! Miss Molly will be my shadow the entire time. She knows when Daddy's gone and she gets insecure when the whole family is not together. She hid in the bathroom when he was packing up and wouldn't come out to say goodbye to him. He had to go to her and pick her up and hug her. She's such a little love (and drama queen).

I will check in with you later...I have a 7:30 appointment this morning in town so I need to skeedaddle and get my morning chores done before I leave. I'm starting to feel like myself again...that dang virus stomped on me for two weeks.

Myrna, I hope you don't have any damage from the storm. Stay safe!!!

Blondie, enjoy your rain....I love it, too but today I need sunshine. Hugs all around!

buckeyequilter
April 26th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Good morning...

I a gray, rainy morning here - don't know if we had any thunderstorms overnight, if we did I slept through them.

Blondie....DH complains about the way I shop LOL. I don't have to stop every 2 feet or talk to people but I do like to browse. I complain about the way DH shops...he acts like he's running a marathon and then just grabs whatever it is he's after....never chekcing the price and then has the nerve to complain about how much stuff costs. I do like to shop on-line because I can browse all I want and find the best deals and I can shop in my jammies :) I just sent an order to connecting threads...it was nice because I didn't have DH lurking about trying to hurry me along and making me nervous.

Well need to get to work - hope everyone has a wonderful day!

CrazyMtnLady
April 26th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Good Morning quilties. What a busy day I had yesterday. I did 4 loads of laundry, which are still hanging on the line. And I dug into cleaning up the outdoor kitchen and I burned a lot of trash in my burn barrel. By the end of the day I was sooooooooo sore and I couldn't breathe from all the racking of leaves and dust. It was a Benadryl night! I slept like a log! Today I will take the clothes off the line and wash the bedding! Starting tomorrow we will have a CHANCE of rain everyday for the rest of the week so I want to get the bedding and the couple of loads of laundry I still have to do, done. Will try to do a bit more clean up outside too, but I kind of over did it yesterday so I am not sure how much my back will take.
Plus I still need to go to the neighbor's and pick strawberries.

Hope your DH has a great hunting trip Barb. Miss Molly is so funny. Our dogs also can sense when DH is getting packed up to go away, but instead of running and hiding TarButt will jump in the truck and sit there until he makes her get out and gives her lots of love and tells her she has to be guard dog. Then she spends most of her time lying by the front door or sitting outside watching the driveway for his return.

Have a great day.

hugs and prayers.

Monique
April 26th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I missed the entire day here yesterday.

I treated myself to a cleaning lady yesterday. All I can say is AWESOME!! Came home to a clean house. My leg has been so sore that I could not do anything. Wish I could afford it all the time.

I bought two bookcases yesterday. After trying to put it together, it almost got thrown down the stairs. I had a bugger of a time and cursed lots. It doesn't look new anymore. I might have better luck with the second one. I don't have boards, but I did use cardboard to wrap my fabric around. But for the most part, I just got them folded all the same size. I will take pics later. Progress is slow.

Today, my hip hurts from trying to put up the bookcase. I just can't win. I will take it easy today because after work, I will spend the day with a dear friend of mine and I will spend the night as well. So you will not find me on here tomorrow morning.

I have a friend coming on Saturday and we will go shopping for wedding clothes (for her). My brother called last night and he will stop in on Saturday as well. He has made me a birthday gift and I can't wait to see it. Hubby should return by Sunday night or Monday, not sure yet.

Sorry I missed you all yesterday. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I am going to take this sore body into a nice hot shower. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sandy Navas
April 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Monique - I guess I can't complain about the aches in my hip - sounds like you win the cake today. And, all East of me are due for a couple of days of some pretty decent weather - maybe HOT stuff, too!

Off to take Amanda to work, go see Mom, prowl my local thrift store, pick up Miss A., and then head to DD and help moving boxes again. I probably should stop and pick up a St. Joseph statue to plant in their yard, asking for a quick sale of their current house. The have a 90 day contingency contract. House across the street from them was put on the market on Monday and is already under contract. Talk about decluttering though - you can only imagine seven kids and two adults with only about 1000 SF space . . . I pray all goes well for them and this is not a futile effort on all our parts. All the toys and bikes, etc., are now in my yard, too!

No sewing here - unless I have the weekend.

Sending up loads and loads of prayers and warm hugs and best wishes. Love you all!!

NanaB
April 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thunderstorming right now. Dark and damp and cool. This has been such a strange weather year. I did a bit of geneology yesterday after having lunch with a good friend. I NEED to cut fabric for a class on Saturday. Why can't I get anything done? Hugs to all!

Becki

cyndiofthevortex
April 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Today is a ME day, totally alone and a bobbin full of the right color to start quilting my new friendship braid tablerunner. I always make a list in the morning of what I should accomplish during the day and today's list is all quilty things I want to do. Yay for days like this! They keep me sane.

Hope you all find some quilting time today. It's so good for the soul.

sally
April 26th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Good morning. Grey here as well. storm went thru last night with a lttle rain. We have been having higher than norm temp this past week and with the high snow pack that means flooding. Fortunelty we live at the top of a hill ( pain though when I walk home from work...10 blks straight up). Finished a friendship braid top last night. It was to be a gift but Ifell in love with the colors so much that I am going to keep it. I have got to quit making quilt with my favorite colors! I know I know I have got to post some pics...I found it so hard that I havn't tried lately...sorry!

Have a great day everyone! HUGS

brittyboo07
April 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM
afternoon!!!!

Thought I would stop by for a few minutes. I am working on several projects at work and decided i needed a break! I meant to bring my JL block with me so I could try and fix them but I forgot to grab them this morning.

I officially have the yawns as well. Working on the apartment is kicking my butt! I fell asleep last night before I intended too haha. Slept all night and could have slept on into the morning if it wasn't for that darned alarm clock lol. More work tonight at the apartment. I don't want to take anything else up there until they get the plumbing finished. They are going to have to bust up some of the concrete in the bathroom and laundry room so that is going to make a mess with the dust! Wonder if they have a plastic zipper door they can put up to keep it out of the rest of the house.... hummmm good question!

So I have a question for you... Do you think I should try and find a summer job even though I have to be gone a week in June and two weeks in July? I have a feeling that nobody is going to want to hire me with that kind of a schedule...However, it will make for a long three months with no paycheck.

Well ladies I need to finish my lunch and get back to work. I will catch up with ya later!

sewmuchjan
April 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Good Morning all. I have posted on this thread for a while, but I thought I would just pop in and say HI!! It is gray and rainy here too and fits my mood!!! Just need to get back to sewing and cooking then into town later for rehearsal of a murder mystery play I am in, that should lift my mood and get me out of the doldrums.

Prayers and blessings to all..
Love and Hugs,
Jan G.

janluna
April 26th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone!!!! I could not get online at all for two days! I finally got it fixed this afternoon. Shauna, you deserve to keep something that you love for yourself. You are always doing for others. Keep the quilt and throw the guilt out. Love you Honey.
Britt, try a temp agency. You tell them when you want to work and when you can't.
It's grey and rainy here too. They are forecasting a nice weekend though.
Went to the DR. on Tuesday and he put me on antidepressants. Hopefully they will help me sleep better.
Praying for your DD, Sandy. My SIL is a firm believer in St. Joseph. She said you are supposed to bury him head first, and your house will sell quickly. Hers did. Love you.
Love, hugs, and prayers for everyone, Jan L.

Granny Judy
April 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM

Afternoon,,, yes I'm late, but have been really busy getting the quilt done for DD#1's graduation this May 2nd. She's the 4th generation of nurses on the maternal side of the genie chart. I'm so proud, I'm bustin buttons and telling everyone.

All is done and packaging is next. Gotta make it special!! **did ya know you can click on the photo and get a full size view?**

Britt is there a craft fair during your summer break, where you could SELL some things to cover the needed income over the summer months? Then you wouldn't need to have a full time/part time job.. Just thinking out loud.

Sorry to hear about all the "sore muscles" from doing the clean ups and organizing.. I suffer from those same aliments when the CLEANING / ORGANIZING bug bites me... AND IT HURTS!!! Does it stop me?? NOPE, I go right back at it and suffer thru. Maybe some day I'll learn that I can't do it all.. yeah, after I'm bedfast or dead. LOL.

Blondie
April 27th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Judy, that quilt is special and will be treasured by your DD forever. Love the colors.

Suzyq
April 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Brittyboo! If you don't ask if they'll take you, then you'll never know! You might just be surprised! Go for it....