PDA

View Full Version : Just met the Bells!

BellasQuilts
April 19th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I was outside throwing the ball for Darcy and these cute kids rode up on bikes. They just moved into the neighborhood. There are 6 of them and they are all so adorable! They are home schooled and polite, and all talk at once, and explain that this brother is special needs, just so you know, and we have an older sister, and we want to ride horses, and I don't like to read, and and lets jump the creek and... it was deliciously overwhelming. I must call the other neighbor who has 5 kids that are also homeschooled and get them all together.

Just had to share that with you all. Ah youth! Ah grandchildren...can't wait!!!

auntiemern
April 20th, 2012, 12:08 AM
What a wonderful story. I cannot even remember life before grand children. I have one daughter who has blessed me with 3 beautiful grand children. They have never been in day care, that is what Granny is for. Some times they drive me nuts, (girl 9 - girl 5 - boy 2 1/2) but could not go for a week without seeing them. I think that is the longest we have ever been apart. As I get older, and not in the greatest health it is so very hard for me sometimes, but would never let any one else watch them. They are my true north.

bkthomas
April 20th, 2012, 12:56 AM
That is a great story, Thanks for sharing! ,Kathy

brook
April 20th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Kids are so refreshing to listen to. I can just picture their little faces all telling you about what is important to them. : )

rebeccas-sewing
April 20th, 2012, 03:43 AM
What I love about them is their innocence and their energy! I could use a little bit of both!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 20th, 2012, 06:01 AM
We have a family with 10 kids who are homeschooled living on our block. Each one plays an instrument, either a string or piano. They moved here because 4 of the oldest won full ride scholarships to the University here to study music with the Arianna String Quartet. Each of their kids is so friendly and well mannered! Glad you have a great set of new neighbors!

Blondie
April 20th, 2012, 07:51 AM
You've made my day with this heartwarming story. Lucky you to have such pleasant children in your neighborhood. When I homeschooled my children most folks would marvel at their demeanor and say things like, "this is how all children should be". Of course, they grew up. What a shame.