PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone! It's Wednesday!

Blondie
April 18th, 2012, 06:42 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/LoveShowers.gif

Man alive, it is POURING outside. It is thundering, lightning, breezy and the temps have dropped considerably from yesterday morning. I do love spring showers and storms. Hope it will let up before time to leave to get to DD's. I really don't like driving in any weather. The upside of rain besides helping my gardening, is it will hopefully calm some of the eternal pollens that plague so many of us this time of year - even if it is just temporary.

I've decided to get out some cathedral window to stitch on today. As I mentioned in another thread, I always have one in the works.

Have a wonderful day folksies.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 18th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hope your day improves! I think you are getting the rain we had in the midwest last week. Watered the gardens and lawns well!

Blondie
April 18th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Oh Jean, it will be a beautiful day even with the rain. Hubs put some tomatoes in last night that we started from seed under the lights in the basement back in Feb. They've been hardened off enough and sturdy enough to have been in the ground. He wanted to get them in before the rain started last night.
The cloud burst is over here, yay, just some rolling thunder and sprinkles. My kind of rain.

Loonwatcher
April 18th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Good morning all! It's been so long since I have been able to take the time to read the daily thread - they get so long. So I'm so out of touch with you all. Hope you are all well. We are well. After slipping on the ice in end Feb, DH finally got his appt to the surgeon's last week and they have finally set his surgery date to repair his torn rotator. Surgery is May 7th. Good news is that they said his is not as bad as mine was (so nice to be remembered, but not like this) and they think they can do his arthoscopically (sp?) which will be much better for the recovery. But still at least 3.5 months recovery before he can go back to work. He's already going nuts!

Hope everyone has a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Good grief, Nancy! It's incredible how long one has to wait for surgery these days! I hope they've given him pain meds to get him by until then. Sounds like you two need some good boots with traction. I'm sure you're tending to that!

Blondie- the gardening bug has caught my daughter! she posted a pic on FB showing her first sprout! She and her boyfriend are going to build a small above-ground garden plot at one end of our pool where we get lots of sun. This kid is truly a combination of Joe and me! She's got his brains and my domestic nature! Hahaha! I think it's finally going to happen. We discussed teaching her how to sew next trip back to the states. I think the first project will be pillows she wants for her bed and her boyfriend's sofa! Simple but something they can both use. What sites should I link her with to look at fabrics young folks would like. I'm assuming large print, modern would probably appeal to them. That's merely an assumption, though.

I bit the bullet and actually went for a haircut in the neighborhood. If you're reading this, Blondie, you might have a comment or two. When I arrived here I had no idea where to go for a haircut. I tagged along with Joe and went to the barber. My hair was really short then. Not a difficult cut. What could they possible do to that I would hate? Worst haircut I've had in a long time. Won't do that again. I've been so gun-shy I've been cutting at it myself since my last cut in December when I was in VA. I finally got a decent cut yesterday by a young Australian girl. Why is it that they always want to style my hair and I have to immediately come home, shower and do it myself? I usually say no to the drying part and walk out with a wet head. I thought I'd give it a try again, but no. It looked so bad I was embarassed to walk down the street and couldn't wait to get in the shower. Does anyone else have this problem with hairdressers?

It's a very wet and rainy day in London. I have two more days to get ready for company. Cooking, hair dyeing, bathroom cleaning and hemming the chef jacket I'm making for my nephew will be on today's agenda. Wow!!! I made Adam (studying to be a chef) two aprons and he sent me a Facebook message yesterday letting me know he loves them and wears them all the time. He said a co-worker asked him where he got them. Adam told him he had them made and said they cost 75 bucks ( had no idea my nephew was such a liar!!! LOL) The guy said he wants one!!! Adam laughed and said "That just goes to show, Aunt Rebecca, how excellent your sewing skills are!" Man, that was such a nice compliment! Am I bragging? I guess so. Oh well! I know you guys will let me brag once in awhile, right??? I guess I'd better get busy! No, I think I'll procrastinate a bit longer with some decaf!!!

Enjoy the day no matter the weather!

quilter.martha
April 18th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Morning all--

No rain here. It is so dry it is scary. We really do need a good long soaking rain. We had almost no snow this winter and so far the spring rains have missed us. So Blondie, send your rain up here OK?

Rebecca--of course its OK to brag! We would all agree with what we've seen in what you share that you are a talented lady! You should go ahead and make another apron and get that 75 bucks!

Today is my first day of freedom from tax season. Yeah!!! Don't know what all I'm going to do, but some quilting time will definitely be on my list. I get this one day off, and then I start working part time tomorrow at my church. I've been working as a volunteer for our youth minister doing administrative work for 10 years and now they've decided to hire me! No more than 16 hours a week and it could be temporary, but I'll take a little bit of income for now. The timing couldn't have been better with tax season just ending.

Well, have a great day all!

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks, Martha! That's terrific that they are going to put you on the payroll and you didn't even have to interview for the job! LOL

MRoy
April 18th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning! Rebecca, I've had a tough time with hairdressers over the years, but last year I finally found one who cuts and styles my hair to suit me. Yay!! I was cutting my hair myself for a long time before that. I agree that you should make that apron and get paid for your wonderful talent.

Blondie, safe traveling to your daughter's today. I hope the rain helps your little tomato plants. We're getting dry here and could use a shower.

Nancy, good luck to your DH with his surgery. I hope he's not in pain while waiting. He must be getting so restless...I would be.

Congratulations on the new job Martha. That's the kind of job I hope to find when I retire from full-time work.

Have a great day everyone!

Bubby
April 18th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Good Morning,

I've been down with bronchitis since last Friday. I saw the doc Monday and got meds, but so far not much change. I want to sew but I'm pretty foggy so chatting here is the next best thing!

Blondie, we sent you the rain and I hope you can send it on to Martha. Nancy, good to hear from you. Sorry your DH has to go through shoulder surgery and that long recovery. It's a rough process but the end result is worth it. It took my shoulder about 3 months to heal, but about 6 months to get my range of motion back.

I'm going to wish yoou all a good Wednesday and I'll check back in with you later today. Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
April 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone~~!
Good news is the tumor on my sisters kidney is NOT cancerous. Still has to come out within the next 4-5 months, so she is choosing sometime over the summer I think, when I am off so I can help her if she needs it during the 2-3 months recoup time. She still could lose the kidney as it is a very hard place to get to, but we can deal with that.
I need prayers for my Katie girl. She is trying so hard to graduate - I know she has had her ups and downs with moving here and there in the past year, but the school here is taking their time in getting her back into school. She has been sitting home for 7 days now waiting for them to get off their butts to get her re-registered. Please pray that comes today sometime.
Don't seem to complain right when I get on the board first thing this morning, it IS a glorious day HE has made and we always try to make the best of it.
I'll deliver the fire victim quilt tonight and perhaps even work on some more tying of the current quilt I am working on. I hope you all get some quilty time in too.
Here's to a super day!
Hugs,

ginampls
April 18th, 2012, 08:54 AM
hello everyone, i work today...new shift 10-2pm...different responsibilities, but it is all good...

rained here last night. if there was thunder i didn't hear it. so now it is just cold wet air... burr

for me there are just so many posts to keep up with you all. so have a great day off every one.. and have a great day at work.. or welcome home from your job those across the pond...

Monique
April 18th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone. We sure could use rain here. I can't remember when we had rain.

I had a busy day yesterday working two post offices. But it was very quiet in the afternoon, and I had brought some sewing with me. I made some circles for the centre of the dresden plate.

Blondie, I love tomatoes. Had a good day at your daughter's.

Rebecca, make that other apron and make some money. Why not!! You are just going to have to take a trip to see Blondie for a good haircut. LOL!!

Martha, congratulations on the paying job. You must be that good for them to want to pay you for it. Way to go, girl.

Nancy, I did not know this about your husband. I hope he gets better soon. Nothing worse than a man who is sick or just laid up.

Barb, get better soon.

Trish, prayers going out to Katie.

Myrna, Jean and the rest that follow, have a wonderful day, doing what you love.

debi weaver
April 18th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning, girls! Enjoyed all your responses! It's like meeting over coffee to read about your days, concerns for prayer, and good things happening. I join you all in praying for Nancy's DH. (I think its time she involved him in some part of QUILTING!!) Martha, enjoy your free day...although, I bet it is already packed full. Blondie, praying for safety for you and wonderful fellowship with your girl. Most of all Trish, I'm praying for "Katie girl" and congratulate her on dreams come true! I'm praying for a much-desired response from the school. Doesn't make sense on our time schedule but may God fill Katie (and you) with a day of profitable accomplishments and special time together.
My day is full with care for my health-failing elderly Dad. Seems like each day adds more "chores" so I would ask you to pray for the strength needed to do each thing with patience and memory-making love.
My "helpful" sis has finished her first quilt ever...and we've had many enjoyable moments outside the patient's room. Photos in my album!
Best of all...my baby girl is due to hold her first baby girl any hour. Please join my heart as I pray that labor to be fast and easy on my girl's health, especially with no concerns on her springtime asthma!
Thanks for the visit...my coffee is gone and I must rush off to the freedom of the shower before duty demands my day! LY all.
Debi

aliaslaceygreen
April 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning all!!
Blondie, we have a bit of the rainy day going on too, though I haven't had any thunder yet...Lightning and thunder aren't my thing, although I've gotten better over the years...

Today I am off... and that is a GREAT thing, cuz DH is too... he will chauffeur me to the Fiber Arts meeting (and we will see if we disband or not...) and then I have to shoot photos for the quilt shop, and THEN, we get baby access!!!

Gonna go play with Layla, it's time to buy a real carseat for our car, because she has outgrown her infant one! She's 27 inches long!!!
I am sure my camera will stay out for a while then, too!!!

Have a great day, all!

toggpine
April 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Holy cow you all are busy this morning!
It's about quarter to 6 here. I've been up all night hammering out some more darned Power Point things. I swear, they lied seven ways to Christmas about the amount of time this job would suck up. I am going to claim every last minute/penny on the 2012 taxes!
Sarah's quilt is on it's way to Ruby and hopefully Laura's will follow very quickly.
I am off to catch a few winks before I get back to the accursed PPT things.

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Trish, How did she discover a tumor on her kidney????

Sandy Navas
April 18th, 2012, 11:37 AM
GM, GA, GN, SP, WHs. Checking in and then checking out again. I feel like Gina this morning. By the time I get caught up on all my reading I'm ready to call it a day. Everyone's activities wear me out . . . umph!

Have to share a funny and then I'm off to sew. Was at DDs last night watching the kids and one of them got into a bag of jelly beans. So, Zoe (3) decided it was okay and she gets in the jelly beans. I let it pass. Then I catch Zoe headed back for more and I told her she had enough and to come back to the living room. Defiance stuck up it's ugly head. I got this run down - "You aren't my boss." "I can do anything I want to do." "You don't have to watch us." "Get in your car and go to your house." "We don't need no baby sniffer."

I'm sending special prayers to all in need. Think I'll give Jan a call and see if I can get an update on Em. Prayers abound!

Divine Daisy
April 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Wait Sandy! I thought Grandkids were supposed to be sweet and squishy with their Grannies! I have one on order, delivery estimate is september, and I definately ordered the model who loves Granny, wants to please her and is NEVER cheeky. What is the guarentee on these orders? Can you complain after 3 years wear and tear? I need to know my rights! And btw, this one will need me to babysniff for at least 23 years!

I insist

Sandy Navas
April 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Wait Sandy! I thought Grandkids were supposed to be sweet and squishy with their Grannies! I have one on order, delivery estimate is september, and I definately ordered the model who loves Granny, wants to please her and is NEVER cheeky. What is the guarentee on these orders? Can you complain after 3 years wear and tear? I need to know my rights! And btw, this one will need me to babysniff for at least 23 years!

I insist

She was on my lap cuddling about 3 minutes after this tirade.

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
"We don't need no baby sniffer!" Hahahahahahaha! Sounds like the kids a wisea..... just like granny! Hahahaha!

quilter.martha
April 18th, 2012, 04:33 PM
"We don't need no baby sniffer!" Hahahahahahaha! Sounds like the kids a wisea..... just like granny! Hahahaha!

The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!

quiltingtrish
April 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Rebecca - Gini was having stomach trouble and thought it had to do with the pancreatis she had and ultimately getting her gal bladder out - that took about 2 years until she was starting to feel better, but still having stomach trouble. She was sent for an MRI and they found a spot on her kidney. They told her that 90% of the time it was cancerous from what it looked like and where it was located. They did a scope and said it wasn't cancerous, but still has to come out.

Debi - thanks for the prayers for Katie - meeting was today finally and she was approved to do cyber school. They said she might not have all the 5 credits finished in time for graduation, but probably no later than June. So, she will still get her diploma which she needs for joining the Marines. They don't take GED's anymore to join the services. She, nor I, care if she attends the graduation ceremony. Her senior class is filled with back-stabbing girls and neither one of us wants to bother having anything to do with any of them. Sad, I know, but so true that the teachers can't wait until this class graduates and is out of there. I'll also pray for you and your emotions as you tend with your Dad. I can attest to the having to stay positive while caring for an elderly parent. My poor mother had Parkinsons which with what she had, had her mind but not her ability to move where and when she wanted or needed to. It was very frustrating. And now my Dad. Thankfully, at 86, not only does he have a better memory than I do, but it can still be trying to deal with him. I know when to keep my mouth shut!!
A baby sniffer!! Too funny Sandy. I like to sniff babies, but only after a bath! These little ones sure can come up with funny sayings.

Oh, got to scoot~~ need to read more and hop to the store for dinner stuff. Don't really like the food store, but no one else will volunteer to go.

Hugs at ya all',

Blondie
April 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hi Ladies
Getting home from DD's. The rain stopped this morning, just cool sweatshirt weather and cloudy skies. I don't mind that. Tonite is another big chance for showers I think. Poor baby slept almost all the time I was there. Her little doxie, Lady, was snuggled up under the quilty (I made) with her mommy. I ate brownies, watched the boob tube and worked on a cathedral window piece.

Just heard on the news that Dick Clark died. Sad. He was one industrious fella.

Rebecca, haircuts. Hmmm. Well, I've had more than my fair share of weed whackers myself. Now that I am on my own again, I am back to cutting my own hair. I have to say I prefer that. It is certainly not a precision cut but then, I am not into perfect coiffed hair. Also, I don't know many gals coming in for a s/c/bd that really likes how anyone styles their hair. Call me unprofessional but most of my clients I know well enough that when I get to a certain place of the drying/styling process turn the reins over to them. They know how they want it to look. The key for me is if the haircut is good, it will grow out nicely, looking good in most areas as it grows. Half of my clients never put a brush to their hair, and the other half prefer to do that themselves.

Now for anyone else who is shopping for a new hairdresser, this is my best advice. Bring a few photos cut out of any mags that have a style you like. Generally there will be a similiar look to each one. If your stylist knows her stuff, she will be able to tell you if what you are wanting is something that your hair can do. (If Klaissen was here I bet she would agree). Talk to the stylists, watch what is walking out of the salon - preferably before you sit in their chair ~ and ask lots of questions.
When I have someone new sitting in my chair I always ask lots of questions. I want to know how much time they like to spend on their hair each day, how committed they are to maintaining a style, etc. Most ladies say they want low maintainence and then direct your attention to a cut that requires big round brush styling and flat ironing. That is a lot of time and maintainence. Okay, enough of that. I could go on and on. The main thing to remember is this: If you see someone in a store with hair that looks like your texture and you like how it looks, ask where they got it cut. Find someone who will take the time to discuss your needs - I personally like to cut according to texture, face shape and features and then lifestyle.

Sandy, thanks for the update on Jan L. I continue to pray for our Emily, her family and of course, precious Jan. Their platter is way too full. And Zoe! What a diva! See, if that were me, I'd be tempted to hug her and paddle her bottom (gently) at the same time. Out of the mouth of babes - baby sniffing. too funny.

Trish, I am standing firmly in agreement with you over Katie and her diploma. She is worth all the tears, hair pulling and prayers. Thanks also for the update on your sister. I was hoping you would let us all know the diagnosis. Sounds good to me.

Gosh. this has been a novella of a post. Blessings to everyone else; I have already forgotten what else I meant to say. Sigh.

janluna
April 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Wow, you have all had such busy lives. Prayers for everyone are coming your way. I did update where Sandy told you she called me. I'm sorry I haven't been around, please forgive me. Sandy, I hope you feel better. Trish, I will also pray for Katie. And for the bad kidney, shoulder, and elder parent. I love you all. Gotta run. Love, Hugs, and prayers, Jan L.

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the hair styling advice, Blondie! Lots of good info. Thank goodness things worked out for Katie to graduate! Thanks for filling me in on your sister's kidney problem, Trish. Glad it isn't cancerous. I got alot done today even considering how much time I spend on this dang computer. The flat looks great, nice and clean. Just some kitchen touch-up and some cooking to do and I'll be ready for Bobby to arrive on Friday. This will be really fun having a couple of weeks with Joe's bro. Usually when we see him there are tons of family members around so not too much focus is on one individual in the group. This will be interesting. In another week his 21 year-old daughter arrives. Another family member I'll get to know better. Bedtime for me. Talk to you in the morning.

sewsoft
April 19th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hello everyone, Those that aren't doing well I hope things get better soon.