PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tuesday

Blondie
April 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/tuesday.gif

Good Morning Folksies - to my international friends - hello and hope you are or have enjoyed your day.
I always forget that others in my world live in different time zones. I sure never mean to be rude.
I don't know about you but it kind of makes me think of living in parallel worlds. Kind of hard to grasp the entire time thing. I do remember jet lag though.

I spent most of the day with my DD Sarah yesterday. I was at her home when she got back from the Oral Surgeon. Poor baby. She was still pretty out there with the meds, so I took some enjoyment from watching her sit and stare. I am going back over there today and tomorrow. She really doesn't need me - I want to be there with her and gosh, she really wants me to be there. So, wee Gracie and I will be spending the day with Sarah and Lady. Sis may join us later in the day. While I was there yesterday I crocheted the cutest little beanie with bear ears. I am done with crochet for awhile. Too tough on my hands. I don't know what I will do today. I could pull out my cathedral window and stitch some.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Sure hope I dont miss any birthday celebrations like I did Monique's yesterday. Thank goodness our Monique doesn't mind my late well wishes.

Blessings to all - Smile lots and lots.

NanaB
April 17th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Good morning, Blondie. I remember when my daughter had her wisdom teeth out. She was hilarious when she was going under the drugs. "OOOOOHHHHH, pretty colors." She denies saying it, but I was there. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm going shopping at a fabric warehouse with my quilt bee buddies. Never been, so I don't know what to expect. Have a wonderful day, everyone. Love and hugs to all.

Becki

Swedish leo
April 17th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hi
Donīt worry Blondie. We are all enjoying your daily posting. It bright up the day/evening What ever. And make us smile.
Have a great day

quilter.martha
April 17th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Good morning to all!

Blondie, its great to "see" you back on the forum! We've missed you.

Today is the day I've been looking forward to for 3 1/2 months. Its the last day of tax season! Hurray! I'll be finished with work hopefully by 5:00 tonight. Honestly, I do love what I do, but by the end I am pretty tired out. How much nicer and slower paced tax season would be if it was stretched out a little further. Being able to stop and take a lunch break would be so nice. Oh well, I survived another year. This was my 20th year doing taxes.

Got some great news last night. My DD who is graduating in just a few more weeks with a degree in nursing got a job offer at a hospital in Rochester NY! And it was where she was really wanting to work! She is so excited and I am, too. But sad at the same time as this clenches it that she won't be coming home to live. Its hard to let them go, isn't it?

Well, have a great day everyone. I hope to be on the forum a little more now that work is ending.

MRoy
April 17th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Good Morning! Blondie, enjoy your time with your DD.

Becki, check in later and let us know how your shopping trip went.

Annika, I hope you day went/goes well.

Martha, congrats on surviving your 20th tax season!! My tax preparer says she knows it's just about over when DH and I come in for our appointment. Congrats to your DD as well. It's hard to let them go, but it's a proud time too.

CrazyMtnLady
April 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
We always say Good Morning and your right Blondie, the time zones are so different, we should actually say: Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Night. LOL.

Busy week here, getting DH ready for his trip. But having a good time with our company. They had me laughing so hard yesterday I was wishing I was wearing Depends...LOL.
Got lots of laundry done yesterday and will finish it up today. Cooked a ham on the smoker too! YUMMY!

Have a great day....
Hugs and prayers.

aliaslaceygreen
April 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Good morning/evening all!!!
Tuesday...and work? Ah so weird, but I needed Wednesday off, so I guess I must go there today... I will be 'off' the rest of the week, (as in CONFUSED) I am sure, messing with the days.... Hoping that chaos has leveled off, but it's probably a vain dream...

The weather here is lovely for mid JUNE. Afraid of what the summer may end up like!!!

Need to do something quilty soon, really, I do!!

ginampls
April 17th, 2012, 08:56 AM
It is a good morning...i slept till my alarm went off. so i only have few minutes till DD has to get dressed.

then i get her off to the bus stop. and igo and turn into a grown up. i did my hair yesterday. so it should curl fast. and if it doesn't turn out oh pony tail,, or bun with pretty jaw clip. nice to have options...i haave to work today... yeah money...

Monique
April 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Good morning, good afternoon and good night. I think I have everyone covered. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. You sure know how to make a gal feel special.

I did enjoy my day yesterday. Back to the real world today. LOL!! I did get some work done on the dresden plates. It is going slow.

This time next week, hubby will be gone on his golf trip to Ocean City, Maryland. This is an annual event and he enjoys it so much. I too enjoy the ME time I get. I can do anything I want, cook when I want, well you get the gist of it.

I got word last week that I will be at the post office until the end of May. That is good. I really like it here.

This afternoon I am filling in at another post office.

It is official. My oldest son is to report to his new posting July 2nd. This new posting is taking him from the west coast and bringing him closer to home. He left in 2006 and I am really looking forward to having him and DIL home often now that he will be closer to home (about 3 hours away). Now we await the fate of youngest. Sounds like he will be posted further away. :( I told him that he could come visit the baby any time he liked. He isn't allowed to take her with him. Yay, that ain't gonna fly! Oh well, we will just have to see.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

brittyboo07
April 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Good Day!!!!!

I am so flippin tired i feel a sleep at my desk here at work and did the bobble head thing and woke myself up! Glad I didnt fall out of my chair! The yard sale was a success!!!! It is a lot of hard work moving stuff all the time and pricing it but it was worth it. We made over $700 which i think is excellent for being out in the country. So my mom and I split the money and I have already bought some stuff for the apartment! I picked out flooring and cabinets yesterday. Picked up one box of flooring to see how it is going to look. Hope to get the plumbing going here in the next couple of weeks.

My husband informed me last night that his sisters want to move his mother and father up here where we live by the end of June.
They are trying to find an assisted living place for them right now. So looks like there will be changes soon.

Speaking of changes it looks like we are just about ready to get started on this apartment! I picked out the flooring yesterday (country pine) and the cabinets. I am going to be doing a lot of the work myself but that is fine! I am going to get unfinished cabinets and paint them myself. I am going to start doing some work on it every day and I think I am going to start with paint! So on my way home I have to stop and pick up two things the sink/vanity for the bathroom and some yellow and blue paint samples. I think in the livingroom, dinning room and hallway I can get away with just doing touchups. So crossing my fingers all goes well! I sprayed for bugs yesterday and picked up some of those rodent plug in things that are supposed to keep them away. I am on the hunt for used appliances on craigslist and campbellsyardsale.com here in our area.

So with all that said I am so glad that I can come here to escape from it all. Looks to be an extreamly busy summer!

Have a great day ladies I will check back in a little later. Have some "work" to get done!

LynneLeavell
April 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Good morning Blondie. Glad things went well with your daughter. Oldest Grandsons party was a blast Saturday evening. Did get the dinning room table cleaned off (5 boxes later). Need to get busy sewing again. I'm not going to let it get as bad as did. I'm only going to bring out one project at a time and work that way. My grandsons are excited about having a table to set at and eat at. Yes I have some smarty pants people in my family.

Britt I understand about falling asleep at your desk thing. I have done that several times myself. Once or twice I woke myself up snoring.

Oh well prayers going out to all who need it and to the ones who don't. Have a great day everyone.

toggpine
April 17th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Monique! I hope you had a great day.

It sounds like everybody is busy as the bees today. It looks like this is one of our "off days" for rain, so a trip to the feed mill might just be on the schedule for the day. The critters vote "yes" on that one.

I filed our taxes myself for the first time. It really wasn't too bad. It took a bit longer since I read through every pop-up box that TurboTax had. Our previous tax lady had informed us that this year she would be handing the duties over to her daughter & SIL. We never got a call to schedule an appointment as in the past. I dug out the return and realized that she had been using TurboTax, so I figured why not give it a shot? We don't have a state income tax here, so the whole thing was filed for free. SWEET!
It had been handy to just drop off the info (neatly organized even) and a few days later pop in, pick up the finished forms and leave her a check. I guess I can keep that better part of a hundred dollar bill for ourselves this year. I can put that bit of green into the fabric fund! Hmmmm. OK, I'll only keep half and make it look like we actually saved some money on taxes this year! I think I should get some reward for slogging through that, don't you?

You all have a great day no matter what time zone you are in!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
April 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
GM, GA, GN. SP, WHs, and CHEERS!!

Crawling back under my rock. CBUMR.

sally
April 17th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Good morning...well it is here anyhoo! I have Spring fever....and I am suffering from wanderlust. going to my mom's on thursday for 4 days so hopefully that will help cure it. That is the problem with moving around so much...just when I have my house and yard the way I want it i am ready for a change. Worries me when we retire and the house etc. is all built. Will I finally be settled?
Well another busy day at work so must get my gear together and get going. Have a great day everyone!

rebeccas-sewing
April 17th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hey, wait a minute Miss Smarty Pants!!!! GM, GA, GN SP and WH are NOT on my reference list! I'm guessing......Good Morning, Good Afternoon, GoodNight, but SP??? WH??? Can ya give me a hint Mrs. Navas?

HandsOffItsMine
April 17th, 2012, 01:36 PM
6:18 am on the rock...Good morning and Aloha to all!

Martha, I feel for you and I"m glad that at midnight the tax season is over for you. Last week I called the accountant and had to ask for an extension, the first ever since I started working! Six months in CA and six in HI plus CA Corporate Tax gave me a big headache this year. I got a new business license/dba in Hawaii plus all my trademarks transferred to Hawaii. Now I can dissolve the CA Corp, sadly no assets to protect after Don's medical bills and the economy. But it sure creates a tax nightmare! :P I love numbers but even I had to step back and say I'm done with spreadsheets. lol

Sally, I'm like you. We fix up the house, I decorate it, then my nomad wander lust comes in and we end up having to move again for one reason or another. We've moved 10 times in 31 years of marriage. :) LOL, we lived in one house from '96 to 2009, the longest ever and I wanted to move after 18 months when I was done remodeling it!

Sewing my Spiderman Q4K top is on my agenda today. Hopefully get it done.

Prayers for all as well as hugs, Ruby

I hope to be like Cathy next year, file my own. Gary says, I'm an accountant's dream, I bring the W2s,

KiltedQuilter
April 17th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Happy Tuesday!

Back and checking, hope you're all doing ok(kind of lost track with all the goings on)?

Happy Belated Birthday Monique! :D

Blondie
April 17th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hi Folksies
Just back from DD's. Fun day with her, stitching, sipping coffee and playing with the poochies. She is feeling like herself today but has a few more days off from work. She feels as if she is playing hooky, hahaha. I will go again tomorrow - not because she needs me but because we seldom have just "us" time. It is a wonderful blessing to have a child that becomes a friend, don't you think?

Off to rattle some pots and pans. Hubs has been doing the Atkins diet and has lost some weight already. I am very proud of him. Eating lots of chicken and fish - my least favorite foods. I am more of a beef and pork kinda gal. However, he lurves how I make up his dinners and that is what counts. I, myself think I shall enjoy a bowl of cereal tonite. DD and I pigged out on her left over mac n cheese. Shhhhh. don't tell hubs. But then, he's on the diet and not me. right on!

Sandy Navas
April 17th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Hey, wait a minute Miss Smarty Pants!!!! GM, GA, GN SP and WH are NOT on my reference list! I'm guessing......Good Morning, Good Afternoon, GoodNight, but SP??? WH??? Can ya give me a hint Mrs. Navas?

Special Prayers and Warm Hugs!!