PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday

Monique
April 16th, 2012, 06:42 AM

I have been up for hours. Just could not get back to sleep. My SIL and MIL are coming for lunch today. Hubby is doing hamburgs on the barby. Needed to get some cleaning done.

Friday had the dr's appt. He will be sending me for an MRI on my leg. He thinks there may be a cyst in behind there. And I may just have to live with it. Other than that, I am 100% (Or at least I think I am).

This Saturday marked the 26th year since my Daddy passed away. Still as painful now as it was then. Ended on a better note, went out with friends and had Chinese food to celebrate my birthday.

Yesterday, hubby and I went to an auction sale, I only bought a $5 fan (for the hot flashes and the chinese kind of fan). Then we went out for dinner and the restaurant gave me a wonderful dessert for my birthday.

Okay now I am thinking it is time to go back to bed, but better not, have work today. This afternoon may be nap time.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Blondie
April 16th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Good Morning, Monique and everyone!

Love those Chinese fans, Monique. I have a feeling I could use one today as it is supposed to be in the 80's. Just a few days ago we had a mild freeze and the winds were cold - just as it should be in MARCH. And in March we had the April showers. Life can sure be confusing and so can the calendar.

Thanks to everyone who missed me and posted the welcome backs. I really did miss everyone here. I still haven't sewn anything. Before I came down the busyness of running back and forth for tests for Mom, dr. visits and dealing with the migraine, I ordered some pretties from MSQC and Connecting Threads. I haven't even opened the parcels yet. I intend to bring them with me to DD's today to go through and touch. In truth, I don't remember what I ordered except they were fabric colors I needed to go with some of my scraps for blending. Plus some thread.

I've crocheted some booties for the baby and the most adorable little headband with a flower on it last night. I may whip up a few more this week if I can. Then in the post so she can wear them before she outgrows them. Good Son Paul has sent me 200 pics of her. LOL. She looks so much like her Mommy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/Baby%202012/Eleanor_197.jpg

I am already a disgustingly smitten Nana! The other Grands were there for a week for when they arrived home from the hospital to help out with all the newness of babies, lack of sleep, etc. While I wished I could've been there, I am thrilled that they got to be there for the new parents.

Luscious and I had dinner with our daughter yesterday. Her BF is building a deck on their house - one of his friends fell off a ladder on Saturday, bruising himself quite badly. He is lucky he literally didn't break his head open since he landed on a cement patio. It was a new ladder, too! It buckled and broke. Luscious helped Stevie with a few joists while Sarah and I finished up the homemade rolls and salad. She made a mac and cheese that was to die for. Found the recipe on Pinterest. I need that recipe. It was bang-a-langing.

Wishing everyone the bestest day of your life. Smile!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/12666442671989667_O6M4UBlh_f.jpg

MRoy
April 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Good Morning! Happy Birthday Monique! I hope all is well with your leg. Blondie, what a lovely family picture! Eleanor Joy is beautiful and your son looks a lot like you.

It's back to work today. I worked on the quilt for my granddaughter, Cady, this weekend. I decided it wasn't long enough and added a row of blocks. I need to add the borders, then it will be ready to take to the LAQ. I haven't attempted quilting on my little sewing machine yet.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Beakkmom
April 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Happy Birthday Monique~ hope your day is fabulous! Blondie, baby Eleanor Joy is darling - little ones are such blessings! Bak to work today in very windy Iowa! We received much needed rain over the weekend, so I'd better get some rhubarb picked for pies, cakes, and rolls!

Prayers for so many quilty friends,

Lin

ginampls
April 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM
oo golly the rfriend who got bruised... yikes. new ladder to boot, wow...

the baby is presious.

it was so cold here yesterday.. and rain steady rain all day.. so it was a cold damp day..i have gotton some laundry done.4 loads with 2 to go...( i think).

great to have ya back. blondie i was thinking you went to be with GB. have a great day at work...

also, good morning Monque.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM
So good to see the new grandbaby, and mom and dad look as if they survived bringing her into the world! And happy birthday Monique, hope you have a great day!

aliaslaceygreen
April 16th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Happy birthday Monique!
Blondie, that baby is too deliciously cute.... ahh.....

I am off today, and the silly DH woke me to go to work. Silly man. But at least he made coffee.

I am SO freakin' glad I am off today, its not even funny....it has been one big tangled mess lately at work, and I believe that @#IT will be hitting the fan today...

However, now I have to make good on being up this early, and having everyone leave the house, maybe I can do a good deal of cleaning before I go back into ordering photos mode...

It's going up past 90 today, I'd really rather be doing something outside.....

Hmmmm...well, have a good one, ALL!

rebeccas-sewing
April 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Happy Birthday, Monique! Sounds like a fun get-together to celebrate your big day! Blondie, Eleanor Joy sure is a cutie pie! She looks so petite and sweetly snoozing away! Mom and Dad look very happy with their new addition. I'm right there with you Gina! Working on load 2 and dusting. I don't know what's wrong with me. This flat is so easy to clean but my attention span is so short! I'll dust a room and then take a break, dust, break, dust, break. Good grief!!! I'm finally done with the task. I considered vacuuming but decided it can wait until tomorrow!

CrazyMtnLady
April 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Good Morning all. It is a very overcast and chilly morning. DH and his buddy are up and getting ready to go Turkey Hunting. DH ALWAYS waits till the last minute to get his stuff around and then is like a bull in a china shop when he can't find everything. I told him he should have gotten everything together sooner!
I have been cooking up a storm and his buddy said he may not ever want to leave if I keep feeding him the way I am. LOL

Need to catch up on last nights dinner dishes. We ate late and I was to exhausted to do them after we ate. Then when the guys get back from hunting I have to make pancakes for breakfast. And that will be more dishes. :(

We had over 3 inches of rain yesterday. Suppose to have 3 days of nice weather, so hopefully can get some laundry done and on the line. Have to have things done so I can pack DH's clothes for his trip.

Have a great day.

Prayers and hugs.

Granny Judy
April 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I'm seeing the end of another quilt in the near future. It's been a test and learning experience.. I ran out of the turqoise fabric twice and had to order the jelly roll (Sassy) twice to make sure I had enough to get the binding done... I'm only using 8 of the 42 strips.. sure hope this last order will be enough..LOL

Now to use the rest of the strips??? I'm sure it will never go to waste since I love that line of fabric.. (and I'm not a fan of oranges)

Love that photo, Blondie.. Ya have officially earned the Right To Brag!! So get busy....You've got the pictures to prove it.

Happy Birthday, Monique! Hope ya get spoilt rotten all day long.

Not going to get much done with the cleaning if I don't get off this "beastie". Had too much fun on Utube this morning..and inspired to work on another civil war block.. Eeeekkks.. have ya all seen that many block all in one quilt.. I think I'll just stick with one or two...

Grabbing a cuppa and heading to the laundry area for now. Hugs and prayers being sent out to all.

cyndiofthevortex
April 16th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I have a terrible problem here! DD and her hubs took MY two DGSs to NC for the week and it is too quiet here! I need those boys running through the house every few minutes asking me if I have need of any superheroes and oh, grammie, do you have any food? I'm finding out I get more done with sweet little boy interruptions than I do in a peaceful and quiet house. I'm trying to get their Race Car quilts quilted and on their beds while they're gone. Some call them jelly roll quilts, but they are perfect for their little cars to race up and down on, so that's what they've been named.

Had a great date with DH yesterday, Joann's and Portsmouth Fabric Company quilt shop. Plus he bought me three new summer dresses! It's going to be up near 90 here in NH today so I am going to wear one of them. I love summer. It's not here to stay yet but it gives a body reason to hope.

Happy birthday Monique and more congrats to you, Blondie! What a lovely family picture. I love babies.

The Boston Marathon is today. It's too hot to run 26 miles. Pray for the safety of all.

Sandy Navas
April 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I'm seeing the end of another quilt in the near future. It's been a test and learning experience.. I ran out of the turqoise fabric twice and had to order the jelly roll (Sassy) twice to make sure I had enough to get the binding done... I'm only using 8 of the 42 strips.. sure hope this last order will be enough..LOL

Now to use the rest of the strips??? I'm sure it will never go to waste since I love that line of fabric.. (and I'm not a fan of oranges)

One of those folded pillow tops . . . fold the strips in half lengthwise and overlap them . . . perfect way to use up your strips.

HandsOffItsMine
April 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Happy Birthday Monique - Van Harte Gefeliciteerd Monique! Have a great day and lots of joy celibrating!

Blondie, what a cute family picture of Eleanor Joy!

We have had the VOG from the volcano floating our way now for the last four days. Makes our ocean look like ice and you can't see the horizon, the sky and ocean blend together. Not healthy either for those with lung problems. Waiting for the tradewinds to come and blow that crap away.

Don went to the Classic Car show by himself, had a bad migraine with this VOG and low cloud cover. It was the 20th Anni of this show with proceeds going to the Humane Society (which we support regularly). He was floored! He won 1st placed for Stock Original Classic Class with his '72 Convertible Mustang. Don was a happy boy. :) His first official Hawaiian Car show entry since we've been here (10 months).

Well, Costco for us today unless we can to eat dry cereal, frozen corn on the cob and carrots. Don't know how but all of a sudden even the pantry is pretty sad. I hate grocery shopping, maybe that's why. lol

Prayers and hugs, Ruby

Swedish leo
April 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Happy birthday! Lotīs of love i wish for you on your own day!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 16th, 2012, 05:18 PM
One of those folded pillow tops . . . fold the strips in half lengthwise and overlap them . . . perfect way to use up your strips.
I LOVE MAKING THOSE PILLOWS!

quiltingtrish
April 16th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Happy Birthday Monique!~!

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
April 16th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I LOVE MAKING THOSE PILLOWS!

Pleated, Sandy, Pleated . . . that's the word I couldn't think of this morning. See, I told everyone I needed to crawl back under my rock.

meemeecyn
April 16th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Happy Birthday, Monique! hope you had a chance to celebrate with gusto!

A beautiful baby, Blondie......handsome parents, too. No wonder you are a smitten Nana. (it only gets better!!!!)
Have a good day everyone.
Cynthia

ChristineB
April 17th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Well, my Monday is almost over! It was uneventful - typical Monday at work. The weather here is changing. We are experiencing really powerful winds and the temperature is dropping. I can hear the winds rattling the windows; hopefully it helps me sleep and doesn't bother me, but I usually don't have a hard time sleeping anyway! Crazy weather this year!!
Happy Birthday Monique! I hope you had a great day!
Blondie, your granddaughter is adorable!!! Give her lots of kisses for us when you see her! Your son is very handsome, too!
Goodnight all!