PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th!!

Monique
April 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM

Yes it is. Are any of you superstitious (did I even spell that right)?

Yesterday I went shopping and SURPRISE I bought more fabric. Got it into the house without hubby seeing it. LOL!! He just doesn't understand.

So that was my big day.

Today is work, then I have a dr's appt. Body, please don't fail me now. I now pulled a muscle in my left shoulder. I need a massage. Anybody up for it?

Other than that, there is not really anything else to say, so on that note, I wish everyone a GOOD Friday and an awesome weekend.

quiltingtrish
April 13th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Good morning Monique and all the rest of you beautiful quilters out there~~~

My right shoulder always seems to give me fits - throw a heated rice pack on it mostly every night. Hope yours gets better as the day goes on.

Friday the 13ths always seem to be terrific days for me. If DH played the lottery for today, maybe today will be it! Still dreaming . . .
Tapping my toes waiting for the Federal and State return to be 'accepted' since I did the tax returns through the computer. It can take 72 hours for them to do that.

Tomorrow is my Quilty Saturday down at the church where I've been known to be there from 9 AM until 9 PM. Even if everyone else is too busy to show up. I turn on the radio, set my things up and I take off with whatever project I brought along. I need to decide what that project will be - maybe I'll finally get that backing completely layered and pinned for my Tree of Life quilt.

Well, off to make sure the little one next door gets on the bus this morning.

I hope you all have a quilty day and a wonderful 13th.

Hugs,

MRoy
April 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Good morning! I hope everyone has a great Friday the 13th! A good thing about today is that it's Friday and the end of my work week!

ginampls
April 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
hello folks...i got some chores done yesterday. but not enough to allow me to sew yet...oh well at least what i want to work on is already cut.and ready to be assembled...

wow i almost slept through the night. now having my cup of coffee...

i did buy myself an accordian folder for paper...you know important stuff to keep. so hopefully that will tame my GIANT pile of papers
wel need to buzz onfor now. check in later.

Beakkmom
April 13th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Ladies, my mom always loved Friday the 13th, said she was born on Friday the 13th, so that made it her favorite day. Today I'm off to my fun job to cut fabric for a few hours. When I get home I'm planning to sew - haven't done any sewing since Mom died, it is time to get back to it. I have many UFO's calling to me.

Blessings to all,
Lin

Jean Sewing Machine
April 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I like Friday the 13th in April because tomorrow is my baby girl's birthday!, she's not a baby anymore, she'll be 36! but her son will be making his First Holy Communion tomorrow, so it will be a big day for everyone. I may have to make a party for them, my house is still clean from last Sunday.

Still have costumes to sew, want to try to get them done today, then I am free to get back to using my sewing room for quilts!

Have a great day!

cyndiofthevortex
April 13th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Greetings, all!

Dinner last night went really well. Fourteen people stuffed full of pancakes and sausages. Lots of food and laughter, a great combination. I even got the kitchen all cleaned after they left so that's done! I love hospitality night here at my house.

Today I am going to keep going through my quilting To Do list. I have four BOM blocks to finish before the new ones come this weekend. I'm also going to piece the back of DGS's jelly roll quilt. I have two to finish but only the batting for one. I can only do one at a time anyway, right? If I can get it basted today I can start the quilting. I don't know if I should SITD or stipple all over it! Decisions, decisions. Choosing the right quilting design is by far the hardest part of quiltmaking for me. I need a pal to help me pick a pattern that works with each different quilt I make.

Off for some of last night's leftovers! Have a good day, all!

alwaysinmyroom
April 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Going to the Mennonite Relief Fundraiser Quilt Show this weekend! Hundreds of beautiful quilts up for auction...I am always amazed at how much the best ones go for...last year the top quilt went for a little over $7,000! Always fun to see new designs and eat Pennsylvania Dutch food! mmmmm....

Hope everyone has a great weekend of family, friends and fun...I will think of you as I am eating a funnel cake or three! :D

CrazyMtnLady
April 13th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday the 13th. No, I am not very superstitious but... I'm keeping my fingers crossed nothing bad happens today...LOL. Okay I have a few superstitions.

Today is scrub down the bathroom and kitchen before company comes tomorrow or Sunday. He said he is going to take his time driving up from Texas, but I really expect him tomorrow. The house is clean except I always save the bathroom and kitchen for last to scrub down. Otherwise they would just be messed up again before the company gets here.

I am having fun working on my family tree. I do miss sewing, but I am getting a lot of other work done that I was ignoring before my machine broke. And I only have 2 months before my check comes and I can get my new machine and more fabric and templates and..............I am going to make DH a camo quilt. So I have 2 months to decide which pattern to use.

Have a great day. Raining here right now but it is suppose to clear up until tomorrow. I think

Hugs and prayers.

aliaslaceygreen
April 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Friday the 13th, of April, brings me back 28 years, when I was in labor until 344 TOMORROW with my DD!! Today, I will cuddle my black cat, before I head to work---working till close. Blah....
My eyes are getting bleary from staring at the computer for so long, because I have been working on a bunch of photos...

Posted a bunch of photos over on Facebook If you have liked my Facebook page, you can help me choose photos for next months two shows... I have to get things printed but have a VERY hard time deciding!!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheViewfromthePassengerWindow

Here you can see all the photos, but not broken into smaller groups--- Try to be judicious when choosing your favorites!
http://smu.gs/HFaBKT

I appreciate any and all comments as to WHY you think these would be things people may purchase or not!

There is more info on the blog, below....

Guess a shower, something more substantial than coffee, and some armor for the approaching work day...Have a great one!

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2012, 11:08 AM

I now pulled a muscle in my left shoulder. I need a massage. Anybody up for it?

Times like this I get out the Crisco and the rubber sheets. Don't tell me I don't know how to get a massage.

Try it - you'll like it.

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I have been attacked by the head-cold bug. Guess not being able to find my voice wasn't enough punishment. Had a pretty restless night with stuffy head and all that 'snot locker' stuff. I'll see if being upright helps. I worked on my DGD#2's quilt yesterday so will continue today. Also made a tissue holder for DD - just because. Made some cushion covers for Al's chair that he spends 20 hours a day sitting in . . . another story.

Rainy out - but oh it smells like Spring! Love it. It just shows up how much yard work is still to be done though - and I see weeds peeking in where I've already worked . . . never ending. I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Sending a bunch of prayers out today. We lost a friend this week from a bout with bladder cancer. So sad. He gave it his all.
Hugs and warm wishes going out, too!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Friday the 13th, of April, brings me back 28 years, when I was in labor until 344 TOMORROW with my DD!! Today, I will cuddle my black cat, before I head to work---working till close. Blah....
My eyes are getting bleary from staring at the computer for so long, because I have been working on a bunch of photos...

Posted a bunch of photos over on Facebook If you have liked my Facebook page, you can help me choose photos for next months two shows... I have to get things printed but have a VERY hard time deciding!!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheViewfromthePassengerWindow

Here you can see all the photos, but not broken into smaller groups--- Try to be judicious when choosing your favorites!
http://smu.gs/HFaBKT

I appreciate any and all comments as to WHY you think these would be things people may purchase or not!

There is more info on the blog, below....

Guess a shower, something more substantial than coffee, and some armor for the approaching work day...Have a great one!

My baby was born on April 14, 36 years ago! I started in laborin the morning and she was born at 5p.m. Happy birthday to both of our girls!

sally
April 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Good morning all...Wow I can't believe we are almost in the middle of April. We are getting great spring weather so I plan to clean the back porch and get it ready for sitting outside weather. Might pick up some pansies for the front as well. A friend sent this so I thought I would share...

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my yearly physical.
My blood pressure was high.
My cholesterol was high.
I'd gained some weight,
And I didn't feel so hot.
My doctor said eating right doesn't
Have to be complicated and it would
Solve my physical problems.
He said:
Just think in colors.
Fill your plate with bright colors.
Try some greens, oranges, reds,
Maybe something yellow, etc.
And eat an entire bowl of
Bright colors.

And sure enough,
I felt better immediately !!
I never knew eating right could be so easy!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Shauna and I must be on the same diet.

toggpine
April 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
HAH! I got our taxes done! (Or at least I hope I did!)

Now back to our regularly scheduled life....
C

mommadeb
April 13th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I think I was pushing my luck today. A black cat walked in front of me while I was driving (although I only believe that is bad luck if you hit it) and I was UNDER a ladder while someone was hanging some of my quilts up at an art show. Glad it's past midnight here...

Granny Judy
April 14th, 2012, 06:13 AM
I like Sauna's diet... going shopping to grab some of those "colors".

It was a bit drab today, so I just PUTTERED around the place.. getting a quilt made for DD#1's grad this may.. She called and let me know that she has passed all the exams and only has 5 days of clinical left. She was on her way to Pick up her cap, gown and award ribbons. The past 2 years have been long and challenging, but this will soon be behind her and other mountains will be out there to climb..

I'm a bit pround of this Late Bloomer of mine.

mommadeb
April 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Times like this I get out the Crisco and the rubber sheets. Don't tell me I don't know how to get a massage.

Try it - you'll like it.

You are SO naughty. Side note: never heard of using Crisco, just baby oil...