PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite meal?

cyndiofthevortex
April 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
As I'm about to whip up some pancakes and serve them with real maple syrup with sausages on the side, I was wondering, what's your favorite meal? I think mine is filet mignon, medium rare, garlic mashed potatoes, crusty french bread and baked asparagus with parmesan cheese. Add a warm piece of homemade apple pie for dessert and that's what I call heaven on earth!

Swedish leo
April 12th, 2012, 05:19 PM
h I love Spagetthie and meatsauce, Chicken soup, Meatloaf and pot and sauce. ... I love food!!

Biglucyfan
April 12th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I think mine has to Maryland Steamed crabs, corn on the cobb !!!, but if your talking just dinner food I love Chicken and Dumplings, meatloaf or pork loin and mashed potatoes. I guess I am a country girl in a city life LOL

buckeyequilter
April 12th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mine is spaghetti and pull-apart bread.

toggpine
April 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Almost anything that I don't have to cook or clean up after!

sally
April 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Toss up between Turkey and all the traditonal trimmings or french toast....love Christmas...get them both in one day!

K. McEuen
April 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Almost anything that I don't have to cook or clean up after!

You beat me to it. I was going to say the one someone else prepares.

Loonwatcher
April 12th, 2012, 07:04 PM
My whole family's favorite is shephards pie. My favorite dessert is brownie sundae; can't get enough.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 12th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Beef stroganoff and egg noodles. It was my late husband's favorite meal, and we all loved it too. There wouldn't be one drop of gravy left after we ate, we sopped it up with bread. Yum yum, I haven't made it in years.

MRoy
April 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I'm with Karen and Toggpine! But my absolute favorite meal is chicken and dumplings with more dumplings than chicken!

Sasha Anzures
April 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM
for breakfast definatly french toast!!!!! lunch would have to be a grilled cheese with tomato soup to dunk it in.. and dinner is my moms fried chicken! and thanks for making me think about food. now im off to make french toast for my dinner!!!! ( which would NEVER happen except my hubby on nights right now and is at work!!!!)

Sandy Navas
April 12th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Bar-b-que'd pork ribs from Goochey Goo's in Savannah, MO. I LOVE bar-b-que'd ribs but the very best I've ever had were at this little place about 7 miles from our house . . . and I've eaten ribs around the world. I could eat ribs every day of the year and don't care if I have anything else with them 'ceptin' a nice icy cold draft beer to wash them down.

Other than that it's a dinner from my childhood - Momma's fried catfish, homemade cold slaw, cold pork 'n' beans, and cottage cheese.

Oh . . . I can always pass by on the desserts so just fix something savory. Can I just say I love food?

DCM
April 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Either my mom's pork and sauerkraut or homemade split pea soup with lots of ham in it. I've made them myself (using mom's recipes) but when I visit her they still taste better when she makes them!

PAQuilter
April 12th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Wow, this is a toughey! I love food in general, so my absolute favorite dinner would be mom's roast beef, mashed taters, gravy, and buttery lima beans. My second choice would be gooey homemade lasagna, a nice green salad, and warm, soft garlicky garlic bread. OMG, I'm laying in bed typing this, ready to turn out the light and turn over for the night and now I'm thinking about seeing what might be in the frig!!!! I knew this site was a baaaadddddd influence on the wallet, but now it is on the waistline too!!!! lol

PAQuilter
April 13th, 2012, 04:22 AM
@ Sandy Navas... Is Savannah, MO and your favorite rib joint anywhere near I-44? I live in PA, but we travel to Tulsa, OKLA every now and then, and we love ribs too. If it's not too far thought DH and I would stop and try them next time we are thru there, which could very possibly be this summer (after tornado season).

rebeccas-sewing
April 13th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I can't pick just one. I'm reading what's posted and I love them all. It's easier for me to tell you the things that are not my favorites. For example, anchovies. Not a big fan of dark meat. No to sushi! Anything to do with carbs and I most likely love it.

Monique
April 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I could live on soup. Pretty well most kinds. And then, as it has been said, anything I don't have to cook.

Bubby
April 13th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I love chicken and dumplin's with fresh peas, fried apples and homemade biscuits. Mexican food is near the top of my list, too! :)

carolv
April 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
A big pan of my wonderful hubby's mexican cornbread baked until very dark brown all around the edges, a pot of pinto beans cooked with bacon, onion and lots of garlic, and a pan of his homemade mac and cheese, made with half velveeta and half cheddar cheese.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

alwaysinmyroom
April 13th, 2012, 10:05 AM
This is a horrible thread to read in the morning! I am now starving and can't wait for lunch!

My favorite meal has to be either Jambalaya, made with plenty of shrimp, oysters, mussels, and anduoille sausage and crusty bread or
sushi and seaweed salad! ha ha I had a Southern father and a Japanese mother, so what can I say! :D

CrazyMtnLady
April 13th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Make mine seafood. I love Lobster and crab legs. But don't get that very often. So for more readily available food I guess my go to food is a good medium rare steak, baked macaroni and cheese and buttered peas. I love frozen peas, steamed with butter. I can eat them like popcorn.

K. McEuen
April 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM
@ Sandy Navas... Is Savannah, MO and your favorite rib joint anywhere near I-44? I live in PA, but we travel to Tulsa, OKLA every now and then, and we love ribs too. If it's not too far thought DH and I would stop and try them next time we are thru there, which could very possibly be this summer (after tornado season).

It is close to Highway 71.
Goochy Goo BBQ
302 U.S. 71 Business, Savannah, MO
(816) 432-0013 ‎ goochygoobbq.com

BellasQuilts
April 13th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Okay, is that food to eat or food to prepare? To eat is Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. To prepare Thanksgiving dinner. I hate to cook, food is well eh, whatever to me. If I have to cook it had better be for an army otherwise I could give a rip.

Musical_Starling
August 14th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Mine is definitely my homemade pizza :) I posted the recipe for the dough a few days ago. I make homemade pizza usually once a week, although the heat makes me want to burn my oven lol So needless to say I haven't been making them as often lately

rebeccas-sewing
August 14th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Any meal that includes dessert!!! LOL My mom's roast beef dinner was my favorite as a kid. I love salmon, fillet, Indian food, Thai chicken with curry and coconut, hamburgers cooked on the grill with a side of baked beans, cole slaw, and steak fries (or potato salad). I love cake, cookies and especially fruit pies with vanilla ice cream. Also coffee ice cream (heck, just about any kind of ice cream.) My mom used to say that when I was very little, "Becky would eat dessert and then go back and eat her dinner." I've always loved food!!! I'm just now wondering why I would be given the opportunity to have my dessert first! Hahaha!

Bubby
August 14th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I love chicken and dumplings and Mexican food.

Deneldac00p
August 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Rebecca, you and I have the same tastes in food!!! But my favorite dish is Italian sausage, onions, peppers,tomatoes and pasta. (not to mention the garlic and spices) MMMMMM good! and of course a glass of Chanti to go with it.
Dena

pcbatiks
August 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
For a square meal it would be roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh purple hull peas & cheese souffle or fried shrimp, baked potato, salad.
For a one pot meal...chicken and dumplings
Out to eat.......pepperoni & ground meat pizza
And of course a big glass of sweet tea!

Jewel
August 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I'm also with Karen and Toggpine anything I don't have to cook or clean up after!

madampolo
August 14th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I always said that for my last meal I want jumbo lump meat crab on a bed of lettuce with cocktail sauce, lemon, crackers, and some butter for the crackers. Heck, it is my last meal. Might as well have butter.

cyndiofthevortex
August 14th, 2012, 11:07 AM
find out more about how to make french toast and make french

toast casserole plus get french toast recipes just visit

Welcome to the forum! LOL! You are too funny!

lilmouse
August 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mine would be prime rib...(medium rare) baked sweet pototo and dinner rolls and peas or corn....love them both! Can't eat seafood as I am allergic to iodine...so eliminates that.....otherwise I agree with the others...anything I don't have to cook or clean up after!

KerriS
August 14th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Fish and seafood. I could just roll myself in sushi.
But a nice medium rare beefsteak with a big baked potato, garlic sauce and a huge salad isn't bad too..

yumm.. I think I get hungry.. going to raid the fridge now.

Quilting Queen
August 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mine is pot roast where the roast just falls apart. Lots of horseradish on the side. Yummmmm.

mommadeb
August 14th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Lasagna, garlic bread and a nice fresh green salad with a big glass of cold milk.

EnumclawGramma
August 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM
If I cook it, Chicken and dumplings. If it's cooked for me ANYTHING Italian.

sewmuchjan
August 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
FOOD......Did I say FOOD...anything that is good and homemade...even if it is at a restaurant, or!!!! Anything I don't have to cook and clean up!!! That is the best!!!!! LOL Big plate or mashed taters and gravy!!!! UMMMMMMMMM

Hugs, and a Big Turkey Sandwhich with mashed taters and GRAVY!!!! :D
Jan G.

janluna
August 15th, 2012, 01:10 AM
I love anything Italian, but Lasagna is one of my favorites. I make mine 7 layers high, and use three kinds of cheese. Yummmmm! I loved my Mom's meatloaf dinner she use to make on Sunday night. I love to make Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner (usually Turkey with all the trimmings) but my favorite is the cold Turkey sandwich when everyone else is asleep. With a side of leftover sausage dressing and a big glass of ice cold milk. Now I want Turkey!!!!! Oh, and anything in a crock pot! And I love making homemade soups for my Husband. I make good French Onion with Gouda Cheese. And I make good bean soup. He likes my chicken soup and my vegetable beef soup with barley. BTW we are both FAT!!! I like cooking and love making up my own recipes. Would you believe I had a 27" waist once. I could out eat my Husband. I was fine until I ended up in bed with 3 back surgeries and nothing to do but eat everything everyone brought me. I'm working on it. So far I've lost 42 pounds. I better get off this page or I will be thinking food again. Love you all, Jan L.
Oh wait, Pies.....I love baking and eating pies. All flavors except key lime, and rhubarb. I used to tell my Mom and Grandma, I don't care how many strawberries you put in it Rhubarb pie is gross!

SuzyQue
August 15th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Shrimp Scampi, Rice Pilaf, Steamed Broccoli, German Chocolate Cake.....actually shrimp about anyway,but fried and chocolate in all forms! YUM!

Blondie
August 15th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Okay, so I will be the odd duck here. If I have my choice of what I prefer to eat, or my favorite meal, my first thought is always breakfast. I don't make or eat a big breakfast every day - perhaps that is why. Even when we go out to eat which is rare - like at Cracker Barrel - I will order a big breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, hash brown casserole, french toast, biscuits and gravy. Now mind you my big breakfast at home doesn't always have all of the above but oh my when I do the family arrives and we have a pig out.

Years ago when I was pregnant with any of the children I would have answered steak, lobster with a shrimp scampi appetizer.