• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Wednesday 4/11/12

I still have no voice. Al says he's excited about that and it may be long-term. Let's see - going on 4 days now - the voice comes and goes. Otherwise I feel pretty good, though the throat seems as if I have been practicing swallowing fire and flame.

Hope everyone is well and happy. Getting my head shaved this morning and then who knows? It's off to the sewing room!!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."
  • toggpine
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2009

Re: Wednesday 4/11/12

Oh Sandy! I had that at the end of February, it was absolutely no fun. My in-laws were up for Em's birthday and mid-winter break and we all went to stay at the beach for part of the week. By the time we got everything packed and to the beach I swear I had been swallowing ground up glass. See if you can find some tea called Throat Coat by Traditional Medicinals. It is really soothing and doesn't taste bad with a dollop of honey. I talked "funny", according to Em, for almost a month. Take it easy with the talking, it only aggravates the problem. I hope this passes much more quickly. Get some rest!
    I hope your haircut goes well and that you get some quality time in with your machine.

I have a list a mile long to get cracking on, so we'll see you around!
    Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Patience
      UN-Biased
      • Nov 2011

Hello
      I am a very silent person here on this forum but must ask where is Blondie? I always peek in for her cheery mornings and think something must be up ?
      I hope each person here has a good day.

Comment

• SuzyQue
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2010

Sandy---just recovering from this myself.......still a little scratchy. It did take awhile for me to get over it...unlike a regular cold. Please get well!

Comment

• brittyboo07
          The Guild President
          • Jan 2012

Hey everyone! I am feeling a lot better today sorry to hear that Sandy is not! Been kind of busy here at work I am here by myself today the other one who works with me in the Lab is out sick. Must be going around! Everyone have a great day!!!!
          Britt

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Well, if you lose your voice ,at least you can still type, so we can hear you!

Comment

• buckeyequilter
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Hope you feel better soon. Don't really need a voice to sew or type - unless, like me, you talk to yourself
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2011

Sandy, sorry to hear you are still voiceless. My DH would LOVE that!
                Busy cleaning. I can't believe there is only a few more days to get this place in shape before DH's buddy gets here from Texas.

Get well soon Sandy.
                Hugs and prayers to all.
                Donna
                MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• brittyboo07
                  The Guild President
                  • Jan 2012

Donna you better get busy!!!!!
                  Britt

Comment

• Swedish leo
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                    I still have no voice. Al says he's excited about that and it may be long-term. Let's see - going on 4 days now - the voice comes and goes. Otherwise I feel pretty good, though the throat seems as if I have been practicing swallowing fire and flame.

Hope everyone is well and happy. Getting my head shaved this morning and then who knows? It's off to the sewing room!!!
                    Hi

Hope you soon feel better. Meanwhile i can recomend Fresh sliced ginger . Pour boiling water over fresh sliced ginger . let it stay for c:a 5 min. Then pour your self a coup of it . put a teaspon of honye in and sipp it. It works well and you fell better. Good Luck!
                    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2010

Blondie is well and happy - spending some time getting used to having Luscious back at work, getting her shop functioning well without all the bickering in the background, and enjoying being a new grandmother!! She's also taking advantage of the good outdoor weather.

I lost at least 10 pounds with my hair scattered all over the floor at the salon. I feel like a new woman!!

Thanks for all the encouragement about not getting my voice back. Looks like I may be in for the long haul. Well, at least my sewing machines don't care.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2010

boy am i behind!!!! Sorry you'v felt so crappy.... i've heard of this throat thing a little... i'm a bit of a hermit,,, but i do the pool 3 mornings a week, so i guess i'm just lucky...
                        Take care girlfriend... try burning the candle from just ONE end for a change.... And for heaven's sake... don't make us have to call you "ULE".................. head shaved,,, please........... LOL
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• Bubby
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jun 2011

I emailed Blondie last evening but haven't heard back from her yet.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                            Banned
                            Missouri Star
                            • Sep 2009

I think Blondie is just super busy these days.

Sorry to hear you are still sick Sandy. I wonder if putting the Vicks vapor rub on your feet with socks on all night will help your throat at all. Heard it works if there is something in your chest.

SHOOT ME NOW!!! - why do I torture myself by insisting I do our own taxes? Probably to save the $200. it was costing me each year to have a pro do it. Just took me 2 hours to write DH and my local tax sheet up. Geez! We'll see how long it takes to fill out the federal and state forms. And I do it online.
                            Another question - why does Turbo Tax have all these stupid commercials saying ITS FREE TO FILE! It's not. Only if you have a very basic file to do. I don't think ours is that basic. Guess I'll find out. I'm going to try it and see. All we have anymore is W-2's and a few 1099's. How much more basic can you get than that?

No sewing for me until these are done. I don't think I am even going to bed until they are done. I'm tired of them hanging over my head.

Well - toodles everyone. Off to have fun with the computer and turbo tax online!

Hugs,

Comment

• Monique
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2011

I woke up a little late this morning, so I did not have time to post. I did get to speak to Tamara Liddell on skype this morning. That was pretty cool.

Sorry to hear Sandy that you are still sick. Hope you get better soon. And you too Britt! How is your Dad Britt?

I worked today, but my leg was really sore, so I got my cane out, it was that bad. Can't wait to see the Doc on Friday. Then I had a two hour nap this afternoon. No sewing got done today.

My DIL lost her Nana yesterday morning. She had been in hospital for about 2 months. Her suffering has ended.

That is about it for me. Have a wonderful evening everyone and see you in the morning.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X