PDA

View Full Version : My mom's passing

JimsQueenie
April 10th, 2012, 06:34 PM
This is a note to all of you out there who wrote me and told me they were sending up prayers for my mom and me. Thank you so much for being there for mom and me and my sisters too. My mom passed away Easter evening at about 8pm central time. On the up side she is now with Jesus and sent us a new baby boy for my niece, Melissa. This is her first baby. So the Lord may take away but He gives, too. Baby Miller has no name yet, what is Melissa thinking about for those 9 months. She knew what she was having but wouldn't tell anyone else for a long time.
Again, thank you and God bless you abundantly as you don't know me or my family members.
Peace and blessings,
Vicki

K. McEuen
April 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Vicki.
Losing your mom isn't easy, even when you know it's coming. Mine died in 2000 and I still miss her, but it doesn't hurt like it did. Hang in there, it does get easier with time.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
So very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. You have my deepest sympathy. So glad for the new baby, a loss but a new life on Easter Sunday!

Mimis-quilts
April 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Hang in there Vicki. I too have lost my mother in 2003. I miss her everyday and I always tell her good morning as her picture is on my dresser along with one of my daddy who I lost a year and a half ago. As Karen says it does get easier with time. Peace and blessings be with you.

EsGrandma
April 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Dear Vicki, Been thinking of you - so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My sympathy and prayers are with you. Love, Linda

HandsOffItsMine
April 10th, 2012, 07:09 PM
My sympathy and prayers to you Vicky with your loss of your Mom. I too loss my Mom in 1999 and miss her every day. It does become easier and the memories of good times out way the bad. Your Mom is with God without pain and He's blessed your family with a wonderful new baby. What joy he will bring. Now what name will he have? :)

Hugs, Ruby

quilter.martha
April 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Vicki, I'm so sorry about your mom. I pray comfort for you and your family. I know how hard it is--my mom passed just before Christmas this past year. Sometimes I get up in the morning and think about her being gone. It doesn't seem real. I get heavy hearted, but then give thanks that she is no longer suffering, and her mind is whole again. May God give your strength in the upcoming days.

JessicaP
April 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I am sorry to hear about your mother passing, my prayers are with your family.

Meli
April 10th, 2012, 07:31 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. To lose a soul and gain another at the same time is certainly emotional. Congratulations on the new baby.

Cathy F
April 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. With time I hope the pain will ease and you'l be able to embrace just the good memories of her.

Monique
April 10th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Vicki, I lost my mom in 2007 and I miss her everyday. Sincere sympathies on your loss. Your memories will help you through this most difficult time.

My DIL lost her Nana this morning.

GrammaBabs
April 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hugs of comfort to you and your family Vicki.... a new little soul arriving is very special at this time i'm sure...:)

EeyoresGal
April 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Lots and lots of love to you and your family. <3

MRoy
April 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Vicki, you and your family will continue to be in my prayers. I lost my mom suddenly four years ago. Time does truly help and the good memories will help carry you through. Congratulations on the new baby in the family. He's wonderful proof that life goes on.

Gayle8675309
April 10th, 2012, 09:14 PM
So sorry for you and your family. May God be with you all.

Bubby
April 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom....what a blessing to hear about the new little one on the way. Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
April 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry Vicki - sending my prayers and sympathy your way.

brittyboo07
April 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Vicki I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. Sometimes I think it is harder knowing that it is coming. I lost my brother in 2010. Just as others have said it does get easier over time. Right now that won't mean anything to you but you will come to understand it down the road. If you need anything you know we are here. Hugs...

quiltingtrish
April 10th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Oh Vicki - I'm so sorry, but we do know she is not suffering any more. Small comfort, and doesn't mean she will be missed any less. My mom passed away in 2004 and I miss her every day. I do know she is dancing in Heaven and eating her dessert first!!

My prayers for you and your family at this difficult time and also joyous praise for the new wee one. I am hopeful you get to see him and get to get some smooching in.

HUGS Sweetie,

stitching woman
April 10th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Rejoice in th knowledge that she is now in her heavenly home. It will take time to ease your pain so that only the good memories remain. My prayers are with you and your family.

Cellomom
April 10th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry about your sweet mom. I will pray that you and your family will be wrapped with God's strength and comfort.

ChristineB
April 10th, 2012, 11:44 PM
So sorry for your loss and my condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

BellasQuilts
April 10th, 2012, 11:59 PM
So sorry to hear about your mama passing away. Sending you a big hug! and happy news about the baby!

bec
April 11th, 2012, 12:03 AM
My sympathy to you and your family for the loss of your mom.

Genny
April 11th, 2012, 01:44 AM
This is a note to all of you out there who wrote me and told me they were sending up prayers for my mom and me. Thank you so much for being there for mom and me and my sisters too. My mom passed away Easter evening at about 8pm central time. On the up side she is now with Jesus and sent us a new baby boy for my niece, Melissa. This is her first baby. So the Lord may take away but He gives, too. Baby Miller has no name yet, what is Melissa thinking about for those 9 months. She knew what she was having but wouldn't tell anyone else for a long time.
Again, thank you and God bless you abundantly as you don't know me or my family members.
Peace and blessings,
Vicki

Sorry to hear this sad news about your mom. I lost my mother about 3 years ago so I really do know some of what you're feeling. Take care of yourself and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Genny

CrazyMtnLady
April 11th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Vicki, You have been in my thoughts. I am sorry to hear of you mother's passing. Remember all the good times. I lost my mother when I was 18 (back in 1973). I still miss her and always will.
Congratulations on the new nephew. I am sure you will be quilting up something special for the little guy real soon.

rebeccas-sewing
April 11th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Vicki - My deepest condolences. I know how difficult it is to lose a parent. My mom left us on Christmas Day almost 3 months ago. Know that you are not alone in your grief.

mrsg730
April 11th, 2012, 06:26 AM
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. God knew the sorrow your mothers passing would bring so he sent you a nephew to soften your pain. Welcome baby Miller,

Beakkmom
April 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Vicki, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom in February and miss her every day ~ but memories of the fun times we had together are so comforting.

Lin

mimi9411
April 11th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Vicki, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom.My prayers are with you and Jim and your sisters. I lost my mom last month so I know the pain and sorrow that you are going through. Welcome little baby Miller.

Donna

SummerK
April 11th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Oh, Vicki, I am so sorry. I pray the Lord will hold you up during this time and that you find strength and peace in Him.

dwil23
April 20th, 2018, 09:57 AM
trying to delete- posted on wrong thread

Midge
April 20th, 2018, 11:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that your mother passed away. You have my deepest sympathies. Losing a parent is a terrible and ongoing sorrow.

geegeequilts
April 20th, 2018, 02:14 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. My Mom passed 7 yrs ago & it's still tough going sometimes. Smile when you can. Cry when you need to.

Gina

JCY
April 20th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Sending my condolences. I'm just now getting to some of these posts; I was without my computer for a week. What a great day for a home going -- Resurrection Sunday. What peace to know she's with the Lord. My parents (also DH's parents & all our siblings) died years ago, but we still miss them & hold them dear in our hearts. Cherish the memories. The hope of eternal life keeps us focused & going day by day. Thoughts & prayers for your comfort.

MaggieSue
April 20th, 2018, 08:04 PM
So sorry for your loss. Enjoy the new baby!

toggpine
April 22nd, 2018, 12:43 AM
Vickie, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Those kinds of losses are always hard. It sounds like you had your family with you, so that is helpful (sometimes).
I hope you can find peace after her passing.

Judy, USMC
April 22nd, 2018, 01:43 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding to your post ... but sending my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Debbie Watters
April 22nd, 2018, 02:30 AM
Sorry for the loss of you Mom. Prayers being sent to you. Enjoy that new baby!

Sharyn J
April 22nd, 2018, 01:20 PM
Vickie, I just saw this post and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that the coming days bring you some peace and that your heart is full of the warm memories you shared with your mom.

K. McEuen
April 22nd, 2018, 02:22 PM
For those that keep posting to this thread, please look at the original date - 2012 - while sympathies are appreciated, it may bring back a sad time from six years ago.