PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Meli
April 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
One prayer can have a powerful effect. The prayers of many can produce miracles. Which is why I'm asking for your prayers for my mother, Jeannette, and that her blood pressure will stabilize. As some of you know, Mom had a stroke in January 2011. To say the last year has been a roller coaster would be an understatement. A couple months ago, Dad started feeding mom foods rich in Omega 3s. The result was astounding! She became chatty, was able to follow conversations better, her memory was improving, and she was happier. It was great! Two weeks ago, she ended up in the hospital for 3 days because of a rampant UTI. It has left her lethargic and weepy, much like she was a couple of months after her stroke. She has been recovering, slowly, but recovering nonetheless.

I call every evening when I leave work, and when I called tonight, Dad told me they had spent several hours in the ER yesterday because mom had been experiencing epileptic-type symptoms. When they got her to the hospital, it was discovered that her blood pressure was down to 87/43!!! They were able to get it stabilized and sent her home. Dad said her BP has been all over the place today. It gets really high, so he gives her a little bit of medicine and then it drops too low.

My mother has always been an amazing, strong, intrepid woman. It is heartbreaking to see her struggle, to see her change from a vibrant woman to a tortured soul. She is aware enough to know there's something wrong, but not enough to recognize what. She was a gifted artist, and now draws tortured, one-sided trees. In some ways, it would be easier if she were gone. But obviously there are still things the Lord wants and needs us to learn.

Thanks, everyone, for listening and for your prayers.

Meli

BellasQuilts
April 9th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Meli, your mother is in my daily prayers.Keep us posted on her status and progress please. Sending you a big hug too!

SummerK
April 9th, 2012, 11:27 PM
We'll be praying as well...for all of you. *hugs*

brittyboo07
April 10th, 2012, 12:24 AM
prayers going up!

EsGrandma
April 10th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Meli, My heart goes out to you - will be saying prayers and wish that I could give you a big hug - Linda

HandsOffItsMine
April 10th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Meli, prayers for mom, dad and you. A big (((Meli))) as this so hard to go through as a daughter!

Much love, Ruby

jingleme
April 10th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I'm sending cyber hugs and prayers too. For your momma and for you.

duster802
April 10th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Father in Heave where there are 3 or more gathered in Your Name You wil be there also. We pray for this family for strength, Courage And rest in your loving arms. May you Please be with the Doctors to give them the knowledge that will help Jeanette be Healed. We know it is of you and thank You Lord for your loving healing. In your name we Pray Amen

mrsg730
April 10th, 2012, 06:48 AM
My prayers are with you.

quilter.martha
April 10th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Meli, prayers for you, your family, and especially your mom. I know what you are going through. We watched my mom decline into dementia and then pass this past December with a month long struggle with her illness. God will hold you up! Rest in his arms--there's no better place to be.

MRoy
April 10th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Praying for your mom, you, and your family. I know how hard it can be to see a loved one going through this.

Monique
April 10th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Meli, it is never easy to watch a person we love have a diminished quality of life. Prayers for you and your family.

GrammaBabs
April 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Jeannette is in my thoughts from now on... Prayer and positive thinking can create miracles i believe....

Bubby
April 10th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Meli, I'm so sorry about your Mom's condition. I will be praying that her blood pressure will stabilize and that she will continue to recover. Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
April 10th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Meli - prayers for your mom are coming. I know how heartbreaking it is to watch our older loved ones suffer.

HUGS,

Meli
April 11th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Dear everyone --

You are the most amazing group of women!

This evening I wasn't able to talk to mom. Dad said her blood pressure is still all over the map and she's spent most of the day sleeping, which is what she was doing when I called. I asked him what I could do to help and he requested that I put her name on the prayer roll at the LDS temple. Told him I was way ahead of him. Also told him about all of you, how you are amazing women of faith, and that you were not only praying for mom but for him as well. He was moved and touched. We all send our heartfelt thanks. Each of you is a blessing!

Meli

CrazyMtnLady
April 11th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Father in Heaven where there are 3 or more gathered in Your Name You wil be there also. We pray for this family for strength, Courage And rest in your loving arms. May you Please be with the Doctors to give them the knowledge that will help Jeanette be Healed. We know it is of you and thank You Lord for your loving healing. In your name we Pray Amen

Amen. What a wonderful prayer.

mimi9411
April 11th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Meli, my prayers are with you,your mom and your family.