PDA

View Full Version : My heart is full tonight!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 8th, 2012, 02:28 AM
My daughter has two darling children. For various reasons, she is a single mom. She has a great friend, let's say, partner, who is a second mom to the kids. The father ( we call him sperm donor) is totally out of the picture, which is a good thing.

When baby #1 was born, I was able to facilitate his baptism. It wasn't possible when #2 was born. She is 6 now. Well, tonight she and my daughter's partner were both baptised. I just held my sweet granddaughter, in her new white dress, and tears of happiness just rolled dowN my cheeks. I'm so happy they made this choice to follow the faith that our family followed for generations. Next week, the 8 year old will make his First Holy Communion. I will be so proud again that they worked it out so the children could be schooled in their faith. This is one happy grandma tonight!

Monique
April 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Jean I am happy that you are happy.

Bubby
April 8th, 2012, 09:05 AM
What a blessing for you...my DD did the same thing with her family and I know how much it means to you as Mom and Grandmom. Wishing you a wonderful Easter.....Hugs, barb

mimi9411
April 8th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Jean, I am so happy for you and your precious grandaughters.

kelliedi
April 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Jean sometimes it is a great thing when the apple doesn't fall from the tree....Congratulations on the Grand children's Baptism. You are truly blessed.
kellie

quiltingtrish
April 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
What a wonderful story - I can see the happiness in your writing. :)))

Hugs,

MRoy
April 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
That's wonderful Jean! You have so much to celebrate this Easter.

GrammaBabs
April 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Take if from one who knows.... having your children struggle and then find their way in faith and trust to happiness... is a wonderful feeling... I'm off today to share with my family who have found the strength to bond again and receive all the blessing of this Holiday... I'm feeling very blessed today...:)

Jean Sewing Machine
April 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Thank you all. Happy Easter to you all!

aliaslaceygreen
April 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'm glad that this gives you such joy....may your daughter and partner continue to be awesome, accepting and loving parents!

BellasQuilts
April 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I'm very happy for you Jean and how wonderful it happened at Easter.

CrazyMtnLady
April 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM
That is really great. What a great Easter present

NanaB
April 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Jean, how wonderful to have your daughter and her partner follow in your faith (and probably the faith she was raised in). Two of my three daughters are out of church. One doesn't believe in organized religion, and the other has said she doesn't believe in God. I worry that my granddaughter will never know the joy of knowing God, but she does get some religious background at her daycare/playschool. All we can do is live our lives in front of our children and grandchildren and hope that they see the joy in our lives and want to have that same joy.

Your grandchildren are blessed to have you as their grandma. I can feel the love you have for them and for your daughter in your post.

Happy Easter.
Becki