PDA

View Full Version : Just coming round....

Divine Daisy
April 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I have only been able to pop on for a new minutes over the past few days but I am coming around now after my last treatment (yay me). Thank crunchie its over......for one of us at least.

Blood test for Mr Daisy at Sparrow Fart on tuesday morning and if counts are ok we are go for harvesting of stem cells. Depending on how quickly they can harvest he will be in hospital for between one and four days.

Kids were supposed to come over Easter but both have colds so are banned. (They pretend to be disappointed lol) So I laid my meadow turf on my own. It looks like a weedy scrub patch at the moment but in just a few weeks it will be a meadow of wild flowers and grasses blowing in the breeze. Great for the bees and butterflies and for Mr Daisy to relax in his chair in the fresh air.

Here is a phto of Archie checking it over to make sure I laid it correctly lol. Archie is my 3 legged Maine coon, brother of Seamus and half his size. Weighs only about 20 lbs but is such a sweetheart! My biggest gardening critic though lol

Monique
April 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Daisy, how sad that the children are unable to see you. Regardless, have a Happy Easter. I would visit if I were closer. Take good care of both of you.

mamaquilt
April 7th, 2012, 08:37 PM
a happy Easter to both of you and the very best for the next week

greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Michèle

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2012, 08:55 PM
So glad to hear from you and about "things" in your lives. So sorry you will not see the kids for Easter, mine are coming, that means there are toilets to be scrubbed, and floors to be vacuumed. They will be banned from the sewing room, no way I could get that mess under control in 24 hours! Two in my family will be baptised in the Catholic church tonight, so it is a special Easter for us.

Keep the chins up, here's hoping for the right blood counts, so Mr. Daisy can get it over with. Thinking of you and saying some extra prayers that all goes well for him, and for you! Keep us posted on the progress.

CrazyMtnLady
April 7th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hi hope you both have a wonderful Easter.
Archie is a beautiful cat and looks so much like my Slash that a friend fell in love with and took home with her when he was a kitten. My sister-in-law had a three legged cat they had named Stinky when he was a kitten. (he lost his leg to a hay mower) When I lived with them for a time after becoming a widow I re-named him Tri-Pod!

BellasQuilts
April 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM
So sorry the kids can't see you but glad to hear you are checking in and tests, etc. are going as planned. Hugs. M

inspired
April 7th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Daisy; I am thinking of you both and praying for great results! It is so sad that the kids are sick but it is best for both of you to avoid any complications. We are often in that position and know how you feel. Keep on keeping on ok...Hugs...Val

phoots
April 8th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Daisy, I'm sorry you won't be with your kids for Easter. I won't be with my Mom and Dad and I'm very disappointed. They only live 2 1/2 hrs away but my car won't make it plus my bf doesn't want to be without a car (we only have the one). But, I'm glad that your chemo is done and will continue to pray for you and Mr. Daisy!!! I hope his test is good and the harvest can begin!!

You're cat is gorgeous!! I love cat...always have! I have 4 at my house.

Have a wonderful day!

Pam in Vegas

Sandy Navas
April 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I'm almost afraid to write this morning - woke up with no voice (I knew when I heard Al cheering that something was wrong), and just in the past hour or so have noticed my throat is scratchy. The grand kids have been sick off and on all week . . . I don't want to send any bugs to anyone!!

Thanks for the update on the Daisys. I'm loving Archie - not nearly as much as Stewart - but a very close second. Hugs to both you and Stewart and here's hoping for good test results and a quick 'feel-better' recovery for both of you!!