PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday thoughts

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2012, 02:15 PM
On Good Friday, Christians the world over focus on the Crucifixion of Jesus. In the Catholic liturgy, there is an extended time for praying aloud for a number of people. The last one was prayer for those with needs, poor, sick, unemployed, etc. My MSQC families who have sick members were in my thoughts and prayers during this time of reflection, those in the hospital, Poa, Heaven and Emily, those who are sick and going through treatments, Alison and Stewart, those who are caretaking elderly and sick parents, and all of you special friends who I've gotten to know over the past few months. May God be with you all!

Now to rescue my Easter Eggs I left boiling on the stove while looking at the forum! Yikes!

cyndiofthevortex
April 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thank God Easter Sunday follows Good Friday!

Cyndi

Cellomom
April 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I played my cello for Good Friday service last night. Sobering to remember Christ's suffering for us. We also saw a moving video where the speaker's deep voice proclaimed throughout the video, "IT'S FRIDAY....BUT SUNDAY'S A-COMING!" God bless you this Easter!

GrammaBabs
April 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
What a wonderful thread..... i too have the many people i've read about in my thoughts and prayers this season...My life has had some very rough spots as of late, but i'm blessed that things are smoothing out and the family is still in tact... LIFE is hard sometimes, but I have to say that finding all of you here at QF has really helped me thru some very emotional times and given me strength, wisdome and the smile or chuckle i needed so desperately... I thank you all and pray for each and every one of you wonderful women!!! hugs Barbara

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM
What a wonderful thread..... i too have the many people i've read about in my thoughts and prayers this season...My life has had some very rough spots as of late, but i'm blessed that things are smoothing out and the family is still in tact... LIFE is hard sometimes, but I have to say that finding all of you here at QF has really helped me thru some very emotional times and given me strength, wisdome and the smile or chuckle i needed so desperately... I thank you all and pray for each and every one of you wonderful women!!! hugs Barbara
And to you too, Barb! I think many have found a shoulder to lean on and friendship on this forum. I know I have. And I'm glad that your difficult situation is getting straightened out.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=Cellomom;110429]I played my cello for Good Friday service last night. Sobering to remember Christ's suffering for us. We also saw a moving video where the speaker's deep voice proclaimed throughout the video, "IT'S FRIDAY....BUT SUNDAY'S A-COMING!" God bless you this Easter![/QUOT
I have been a church musician for many decades. Gave up guitar playing a Year ago, but I 'm really missing it now! I love the sound of the cello in church. We have several talented string players in our group, but no cellists.

auntiemern
April 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
May God bless you and yours Jean during this holy season. I am new to the forum, but am looking forward to building lifelong friendships through the beauty of quilting.

debi weaver
April 7th, 2012, 06:35 PM
May I add my blessings to this thread! Thank you, Jean, for mentioning this special time and for the need to raise our friends' names to the Lord in prayer for strength, refreshment, and encouragement. Thank you for thinking of even the care givers! I add my prayers and as the eve of EASTER darkens the sky, may I wish everyone the JOY of RESURRECTION and the HOPE it gives the hearts that BELIEVE that Jesus is the Christ, truly the Son of God, triumphant over the grave, living & interceding for his own, and coming again!

Judy~Ann
April 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Sending love, blessings and many prayers to each of you... especially those who carry heavy burdens. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and faith.... it fills my heart. Thank you and God bless each of you as Jesus Christ, the risen Lord continues to reign in heaven and on earth.

CrazyMtnLady
April 7th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Great thread Jean. I will be sending up prayers for all those in need and for God to bless all of you here. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.

brook
April 8th, 2012, 02:55 AM
I am so thankful that we can celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ! So thankful that all who believe in Him has life forever! May you all be blessed with His love and life. : )

Cellomom
April 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi Jean. Hope you start playing music again. It has brought so much joy to my heart and to play with other musicians is such a kick. My husband and I are in a community orchestra where we play music in the park, special occasions, and just for fun!! We're practicing music from Journey and Santana. Let's see music or quilting...I choose both!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 9th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Jean. Hope you start playing music again. It has brought so much joy to my heart and to play with other musicians is such a kick. My husband and I are in a community orchestra where we play music in the park, special occasions, and just for fun!! We're practicing music from Journey and Santana. Let's see music or quilting...I choose both! Boy that sounds like a lot of fun for you and your husband!

Music is still not a central part of my life as it once was. My venue was in church, and we just had too many guitarists, and a very cranky piano player (my way or the highway kind of person--totally the most talented person in the group, so he was after perfection--but we are not professional, so he was frustrated with us). Seems like I always left church licking my wounds from his criticism, rather than being uplifted by the music. So, when that happens, I feel like it is time for a change. It had happened once before, not because my playing was bad, but musical tastes were quite different.

I miss the part I once played in the planning and executing of our musical efforts to enhance our worship. I go home in tears more often than not from rehearsals and worship services. But, I've learned in life, you can't go back, it will never be the same, you need to move on, and that's what I'm trying to do.

I appreciate your words of kindness, they help. I have many people who know me as a church musician from many years ago that don't understand my decision. But I've gotten no feedback from anyone in my group that I am missed, so, maybe I made the right decision.

I pictured myself as an aging guitarist (Jagger and I share the same birth year!) of getting the "hook" being led off stage and asked not to return because I am so bad! I wanted to avoid that serious embarassment on the part of myself and others by just stepping back on my own terms. I've seen older musicians who should have quit but didn't, and they are an embarassment for themselves, I am too proud to put myself into that position!

In the meantime, I create using fabric, not notes or guitar strings! But you guys keep it up for as long as the fingers hold out!