PDA

View Full Version : Emily update!

janluna
April 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around. Emily's ANC level has now dropped to 600. All of her other levels are down too. The Dr. wants to wait one more month to see what she is going to do. It's nerve wracking! She is exhausted all the time. She goes to bed early and wants to sleep late. They don't want her to have blood transfusions unless needed to save her life. That's why she is so tired and grey. She is off all medication. We're just on pins and needles. She hasn't received her quilt yet. Heather wanted to wait for the others but we are going over Easter Sunday and will give her her quilt then. All those hugs and prayers and healing thoughts wrapped up in the quilt will be good for her. She is also Nutrapenic again. Not fun for her or her Mom. We will just wait and pray. She is in God's hands now.

On a good note, After they came home from Wisconsin and Nona and Luna left, Heather set about making a special family dinner. Joey was off work that day and it was just their little family. As Heather looked lovingly around the table she said," Isn't it nice having family for dinner?" 5 year old Sarah looked up with disgust on her face and loudly said, " WE'RE EATING A FAMILY!!!!!!!" Needless to say everyone laughed until they had tears in their eyes and Heather explained what she meant.
Leave it to my Sarah. She is just too funny!!
Thank you for your prayers, love, and healing thoughts for our family. Especially for Emily.
Have a Blessed Easter! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan

HandsOffItsMine
April 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Jan, as you were typing this, I was typing PM to you. :)

We were all worried about Em, you and the family these last few weeks. All been praying, you know we love you guys!!

Don and I have everyone in our prayers, think of Emily every day, Sarah is a crack up, typical little girl! :) I'm sure Heather and Joe were happy to have their home back with their 3 girls surrounding the table. Makes me smiles as I'm typing this.

God will be by Emily's side, He'll give the family strength to make it through this. I hope He kicks the doctors in the (_|_) a little to shake them up, especially the Hospital Administration. So many of these decisions are made with the bottom $ in mind, not what is in the best interest of the patient.

I'm sure that the quilts for Sarah and Laura are going to make it my way soon for finishing, then they'll be sent to them for cuddles.

I think it will be a great presentation on Easter Sunday, a presentation of Life! How much better can it get!!

Love you my friend and love your family!!!

Huggers to you and Joe from Don and Ruby

janluna
April 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks Ruby and Don, and all of you praying for Emily and the family. We really appreciate this. Something has to give. We are watching the kids getting close to the breaking point and that is worrying us. The saying "God doesn't give more than you can bear" makes one wonder how much is enough! It gets worse every time her blood draws come back lower. Trusting the Lord is our only way of staying sane. Love you both and all of you who are praying. I don't know what we would do without your support. Thank you. Hugs, Love and Prayers to all of you, Jan

sewmuchjan
April 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Many many prayers to you and yours my dearest..and I agree with what Ruby said about the Dr.s and giving the quilt on Easter Sunday to Em...Sarah helped to lighten the moment so everyone could laugh and be lightened for a time..:)

Love you and God Bless and Keep you all in His loving arms.
Have a Blessed Easter.
Jan G

ps. I got you PM don't worry about anything, you just take care of that loving family of yours...

Sandy Navas
April 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the update - I knew in my heart you'd let us know. Like everyone else I've been praying for higher blood counts, some sense kicked into the (_|_) of the doctors - just like Ruby. Know that we love you and your family and keep our hearts set for a cure.

EsGrandma
April 6th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the update - been praying for all of you! Know that you are loved sooo much! Linda

quilter.martha
April 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Jan--we continue to pray for Emily and the whole family. Our small group is praying, my kids are praying and my DH and I are praying. You are surrounded by a host of heavenly angels, supporting and holding you up--what an image that is!

Know that you are loved. Hugs to you all.

ChristineB
April 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Lots of prayers for Emily - from Canada too!! Have a wonderful Easter weekend. And I wholly agree, God will not give us more than we can handle. I'm praying for strength for you and your family!

Angela C.
April 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Please know that we are still praying and keeping you all in our thoughts daily. Christ will definately not give you more than you can bear because He bears it for us if we let Him. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter and may more laughter ring out around the family table. Love in Christ.....<3

MRoy
April 6th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Jan, Emily and your entire family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm wishing you all a blessed Easter.

brittyboo07
April 6th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Even though I have been around less the last couple of weeks I have still continued to pray for Miss Emily! I know she will love her quilt when she gets it. Love and prayers to you all.

phoots
April 7th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Jan, I'm keeping up with my prayers for Emily and her entire family!

My love to all,

Pam in Vegas

ginampls
April 7th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Ditto...love you..

Monique
April 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Jan, prayers all around. Have a wonderful Easter!!

CrazyMtnLady
April 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Jan, thanks for the update. I know I haven't been a member here for too long, but everyone has become to mean so much to me. I pray every morning that God will watch over and bless every one in my quilting family. And I say special prayers for Emily, Heaven and Mr & Mrs Daisy and a few other. The power of prayer can work wonders. I realize that by being here and getting to know you and others in need of prayer, it has brought me closer to God.

I am sure the laughter that Sarah provided around that table was some of the best medicine Emily could take.

Prayers to you and you entire family.

Hugs

stitching woman
April 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Thank You so much for the update. You Em and the entire family is in my heart and prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I haven't been around this forum long enough to know the road you have all traveled with Emily's illness, but be assured, your family is in my prayers, especially during this special season of Easter. I've walked beside my spouse when he battled cancer, and I know how difficult it can be, waiting for an answer, waiting for some good news, waiting for your baby to feel better. May God be at your side as you journey on.