PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday

ginampls
April 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hello Everyone...It's Good Friday! I have to work but thats okay. hopefully they have me working the cutting counter. yesterday i worked the till. no fun. as i am not fluent with it....so it was kinda a bummer.

but DD will be here with mom. so i have to hurry home right after work. on Saturday tomorrow. i have to work as well. but the neighbors started a neighborhood egg hunt. started it last year. new tradition an so i bought some eggs and little prizes to go into the eggs. i seem to have mostly girl stuff.. so today need to find some boy things...

We haven't seen Jan L out here my prayers are with her and her Dear family Thinking of you Honey..

well, I guess thats all for now...everyone have a safe and happy Good Friday...

RFREE
April 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Good mornin Gina and all you other lovely ladies and gents. I am headed out this morning to take our Yorkie "Tater Tot" to be neutered. Trouble is my DH does not want it done.Hopefully I can sneak him out and keep it under my hat til after he goes to work this afternoon and then I will go pick him up.Botta bing botta boom. It must be a man thing.I am a firm believer in spay and neuter and his card has been pulled.ha ha 3 days left of spring break and then we have just 30 school days and we are out.Can't wait. Yall have a wonderful Friday and wish me luck.Or should I say wish Tater luck:)

Monique
April 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM

Good morning Gina and Rhonda.

Enjoy your work Gina. I wouldn't mind that kind of job myself.

Rhonda, good luck with Tater.

Off today and enjoying it. Beautiful sunshine. It could be a sewing day.

I wish everyone a wonderful Easter weekend. Prayers out to those who need them.

quiltingtrish
April 6th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Neighborhood egg hunts - so much fun for the little ones.

Good luck to Tater - I agree, there are so many pets out there that it doesn't hurt to have lots of them neutered.

I am off to sit with my sister at the hospital today. My brother-in-law is scheduled for a tumor removal that is sitting between his inner ear and his brain. Supposedly, she can take him home tonight - after a 3 hour surgery. We are meeting up around 10:30. Won't get home until very late so I'll check in tomorrow. This tumor has given him vertigo since last Fall - no work since then, but we are hopeful this will fix the problem. My sister did get a phone call from a millionaire Aunt (no they don't get any money from her) - who said the surgeon is the first one she'd choose as he is the best in his field. My DH has been helping with their landscaping business off and on so they get the money from those jobs. Heck, we can mow and trim edges but when you do about 6-8 a day, it really wears you out.

Well, gotta scoot. Going to throw some clothes out on the lines today before I head out. It's a beautiful day here in the land of PA.

Hugs,

CrazyMtnLady
April 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Good Morning. Not much on the menu for me today. Legs cramped up so bad during the night I am still aching. Hot tub time as soon as I finish my coffee.
It is a bit on the chilly side this morning but still looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.
Started getting things around that I know DH is going to want to take on his 2 week Rendezvous with his fellow Black Powder Gun Enthusiast. Things like spices, dishes, dish pan for washing dishes, large coffee pot... etc. He isn't going until the 19th or 20th but I want to make sure I have everything packed for him that I think he may need. You know men.. if they forget something it's our fault because WE didn't remind them! At least that's how it is here...LOL
I know I will pack way more than he will ever need. But better safe then sorry as they say.

Hugs and prayers all around.
Have a great day.

brittyboo07
April 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Good Morning!!!

Well I had hoped to be posting with a new hairdo this morning but it was not meant to be! On my day off i got up and was at the salon at 8am when they said we tried to call you she is out sick today! UGH!!!!! Well bless her heart i hope she feels better! So now instead of a cut/color I will just be getting a cut at noon :-( Guess the color will just have to wait!

So I am passing the time by sewing!!!! and of course checking in with yall!

I will be around off and on today! Everyone have a great good friday and happy easter!!!!

Granny Judy
April 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm in and out around here.. the weather being so warm and the outside keeps calling my name. Got flower beds to clean up and areas to clean for outdoor sitting and watchin the world go by. I am feeling the crunch to get a quilt done for May 1st. Am still at the putting blocks together stage. I liked the pattern so much I went "bigger"...

Takes me about 3 months to get a quilt of any size done...and I'm behind a whole month. Hope DD#1 likes the Unfinished...she is also a quilter, sooo?? I know she won't have time to finish it with graduation, work and having shoulder surgery. So a picture and a promise is in order if I haven't finished...

ChristineB
April 6th, 2012, 08:18 PM
What a beautiful day in Milton, Ontario today. All the stores are closed as we observe Good Friday! My DH and I met up with our daughter's today and went for a wonderful hike (walk) in the woods near our houses! Unfortunately, neither of our sons-in-law were able to join us because one was sick and the other was resting from a very long and busy week at work (physical labour). Actually, my daughter commented that it was nice that "our original family" got together today (plus 2 darling granddaughters) - the good old' times!
Have a great Easter Weekend everybody!

brittyboo07
April 7th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I didn't make it back after I did some sewing on a quilt top for a little bit I went and got my hair did, hubby and I had lunch and got some things for the dogs and then worked with the dogs for the remainder of the afternoon. I topped off the night by watching little house on the prarie!!!!

More sewing tomorrow!!!

AngelaLashley
April 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM
I finished up the curtains for the new sewing room(will post pics after I get them hung). I also started cutting the pieces for my grandson's Sock Monkey quilt. Oh and today was wash the dogs day. Yep, all 3 of them! Then I made some homemade peanut butter cups. Gotta have some chocolate with my peanut butter ya know!