PDA

View Full Version : Homespun Fiasco

MarianneK
April 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm making a quilt for my teenage nephew out of homespun from my stash and needed some lights. First off, homespun is so hard to find and light homespun is really hard to find! I ordered some from a place called Jubilee Creative Studio in Arkansas. OMG, the quality was so horrible, I think it was worse than what is available at Joann's. You could read a newspaper through it. I finally convinced them to take it back but it ended up costing me $11.15 in shipping (coming and going). Their website does not let you know that it is a looser weave nor does it say that it is a light weight homespun. The owner defended her omission by saying she says she sells it for rag quilt making which makes no sense to me as I look for quality homespun when I make rag quilts also. Who would spend all that time sewing and cutting the edges only to have the quilt not hold up? Bottom line, beware of Jubilee Creative Studio!

cyndiofthevortex
April 5th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I hope you're able to find what you're looking for. A quilt using homespun fabrics is so wonderful.

Cyndi

EnumclawGramma
April 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
This might be a good place to find quality homespun:

http://www.pumpkinpatchprimitives.com/

Slokarma
April 5th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I don't blame you for being upset. She should have described exactly what she said to you!

I really like the look and feel of homespun and plan on using it in a project sometime in the near future. I'll be remembering what you have said.

MarianneK
April 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, EnumclawGramma. I will check them out.

pinkberryquilt
April 9th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I have purchased from Pumpkin Patch Primitives and she has great quality Homespun. The only downside is, it is just her and it takes 5-7 days for your order to even ship. So if you are in hurry this is not the place to order from. Her orders are nicely folded and tied with a personal thank you note attached.

This might be a good place to find quality homespun:

http://www.pumpkinpatchprimitives.com/