PDA

View Full Version : I ordered it & now I'm crying

Donna F
April 5th, 2012, 06:42 AM
So I've been salivating over Stars in the Garden Fresh Flowers. Ahh found it on Amazon, great, paid & waiting on delivery. Got an email it was shipped then....... Got the sad email last night; it was returned to the sender because of damages during shipping. Wahhh. Ok so amazon has others that are selling it too but I refuse to pay over $100. That's crazy! Plus I know I'm going to have my heart broken again. I actually cried about this. I have been gathering all the best fabric and mentally preparing for this pattern & now it has been snatched from me. I was even going to use my favorite fabric hoard. I'm so down now.

DCM
April 5th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Have you tried ebay? I'm so sorry you didn't get the fabric you had your heart set on.

debi weaver
April 5th, 2012, 08:34 AM
What a sad story! I hope today is more hopeful for you. Sorry for the problem that brought on your tears.

quiltingtrish
April 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
definately try ebay. I hope you find it for a good price. It is upsetting to have your heart set on something special and have it snatched away. I hope your day goes better as it goes along.

Hugs,

bec
April 5th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I've had shipping problems a couple of times when a package had been mailed through the United States Postal Service. Both times the package was sent in a priority envelope.

The first time I got the package and the end was ripped wide open. my fabric was in a heavy ziploc bag, but there was no packing slip. I don't know how it got ripped open. The P.O. didn't know either. There wasn't even any tape on it in attempt to close the package.

The second time, I was suppose to get the package on the March 2nd and on March 5th I didn't get it so I called the post office. They said it looked like it had gone back to the post office in the town of the seller. I called the seller to let her know. She didn't have it and she contacted her P.O. to have a trace run on it. However, I got the package the next day. It had been ripped completely apart - down one side and across the end and a tear part-way through the middle. It was dirty and was wrapped in plastic and tape. This time a note was in the package from the P.O. apologizing for having damaged my package. Fortunately, the fabric was okay. I contacted the shop to let them know about the packaging and recommended that she reinforce her packages with tape and she said that she had wanted to do that in the past and the post office wouldn't let her. Priority packages are not suppose to have any extra tape on them.

I think in the future I will contact the seller and see if I can have the package sent UPS or maybe put in a box instead of a Priority envelope. I'd rather pay a little more to ensure that I get my fabric undamaged.

Has anyone else had a problem with priority packaging of fabric????

P.S. Be careful about ebay. Some people here have posted that they were very disappoint in precuts that they had bought there.

JessicaP
April 5th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I bought some beautiful precursor from ebay so they aren't all bad. I would try that first.
sorry you had such a hard time and then it wad sent back, I hope you find your fabric soon.

GlendaF
April 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I have also ordered several times from e-bay and was never disappointed. Found some wonderful fabric for much less.

CrazyMtnLady
April 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I don't think the priority envelopes are strong enough. I have not had a problem, but DH does a lot of shipping and recieving through priority and some of the envelopes he gets are bad. Even some of the priority boxes. When he ships things out you would think the package contained the crown jewels. He doesn't use priority boxes usually, but even then he will double box things and use a mile of tape PLUS the priority package tape the post office gave him. He has had no one complain about a package yet. Unless it was because it took forever to get the package open. :)

bec
April 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Check out etsy.com, too. I've order fabrics from several shops there when I couldn't find a fabric anywhere else. I was very happy with the fabric and with the quality of service. I've ordered from JAQSFabrics, NauvooQuiltCo, and ladybugquiltsop. Just choose shops from the dropdown window and type in the shop's name.

cyndiofthevortex
April 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Would the sender be willing to sell you the damaged book at a reduced price? Sometimes it's just a tear or fold in the cover and the contents are just fine, if you're willing to settle for something that's less than perfect but still usable.

pdjewelrylady1
April 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM
the carboard type priority mail envelopes are for PAPER! This I have seen in many of the swaps - the TYVEK PRIORITY MAIL ENVELOPES are the very best best best way to send fabric thru the mail :D

Jean Sewing Machine
April 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I bought my Featherweight sewing machine on eBay, it was delivered in a timely manner and in perfect condition. I haven't had any problems with the USPS, EXCEPT my lazy mail deliverer tries to stuff more in My streetside box than it will hold. Mind you, my box is a whole 30 feet from my front door. So sorry you didn't et what you ordered.

bec
April 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
the carboard type priority mail envelopes are for PAPER! This I have seen in many of the swaps - the TYVEK PRIORITY MAIL ENVELOPES are the very best best best way to send fabric thru the mail :D

I'm glad you shared this. In the future, I'm going to ask that my fabric be sent in the TYVEK envelopes.

JimsQueenie
April 6th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Bec,
I'm glad you shared the info about fabric being sent in the TYVEC envelopes. I didn't even know what they were but I do know for added protection to put those blocks or fabric in zip loc bags first.
Piece and blessings,
Vicki

MarianneK
April 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I mail quite a bit of packages using those Flat Rate Envelopes and I always tape them and have never had a problem with a refusal at the post office. They must close as intended, you can't add a piece of cardboard to the top to "help" enclose the contents. I just mailed one to Asia and I taped the heck out of it using that clear wide packing tape. Considering all the mail the post office handles, I think they do a pretty good job. I think it would be better in the hands of private industry though! I hope you get your fabric at the price you want.

sally
April 8th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Also try the fabhop site ...they have a list of fabric stores from all over who offer great deals as well!
Hope it all turns out for you and here is a BIG HUG for you!