PDA

View Full Version : Sleep number nest

Jean Sewing Machine
April 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Here's a picture and a story of something that happened on this special day for me. Anniversary of my marriage--48 years ago.

www.soooowht.blogspot.com

EnumclawGramma
April 4th, 2012, 12:29 PM
My dad loved Dogwood trees and I was raised with a great appreciation for them. Here in the PNW I don't see many. I loved your blog. Bookmarked it, you have a new follower ;-) Your bedset is positively YUMMY. I hope you fill today with all things you love!

Libby

Genny
April 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
You and your husband must have had a wonderful loving marriage, you talk so lovingly of him, I can feel the love just by reading what you write . The tree is absolutely beautiful and it's great that you can take a little ride and see it whenever you want. Your quilt is one of the prettiest I've seen and it looks like your cat loves it too! Hope you have a wonderful day full of loving memories.

HandsOffItsMine
April 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Jean, huggers to you as your memories of DH are with you on your Anniversary. Your Dogwood quilt is lovely as is kitty. :)

I read/saw your stalking trip to the old house to take pictures of the old tree, just beautiful! We've moved a lot and every time we're in the town/state we do a drive by as well to see if the folks have kept the house up or done any changes to it. Always nice when trees or special plantings are still there. lol

Love, Ruby

EsGrandma
April 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Jean, Thanks for sharing your beautiful story - wishing you happy memories today! Linda

cyndiofthevortex
April 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Love your story, your kitty and your quilt!

Cyndi

Mimis-quilts
April 4th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Jean, thanks for sharing your story. It was wonderful to read and as someone else said one can tell that you had a very special life with him.
I have to tell you ( and I know we've discussed this already) but when I saw this post and then saw you in that nuns habit (again)it rather threw me for a loop! Funny how a person's clothing will do that to a person!
Loved the quilt too!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Jean, thanks for sharing your story. It was wonderful to read and as someone else said one can tell that you had a very special life with him.
I have to tell you ( and I know we've discussed this already) but when I saw this post and then saw you in that nuns habit (again)it rather threw me for a loop! Funny how a person's clothing will do that to a person!
Loved the quilt too!

Wait til I change my avatar to the Lion's head costume!

GrammaBabs
April 4th, 2012, 06:16 PM
What a wonderful kitty to share your space... happy 48th,,, and i so wish he was there to share,,, but i do always think the people that have passed that i loved so much are always sitting on my shoulder...
My day today is not too good... we are having some bumps in the family road right now, but my DH is handling it all and we will be strong for whatever comes up...
Your kitty looks alot like our OOgie who lived to be 21!!!! am attaching a picture of he and his "brother" Yoda.... funny how they bring so much to our lives..!!!

Klasien
April 4th, 2012, 06:32 PM
What a beautiful quilt, and what a touching story!

Hope you had a good day after all, memories are so special on days like this!
Hang in there!

Hugs,
Klasien

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for sharing such a heart-felt story!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 4th, 2012, 07:04 PM
What a wonderful kitty to share your space... happy 48th,,, and i so wish he was there to share,,, but i do always think the people that have passed that i loved so much are always sitting on my shoulder...
My day today is not too good... we are having some bumps in the family road right now, but my DH is handling it all and we will be strong for whatever comes up...
Your kitty looks alot like our OOgie who lived to be 21!!!! am attaching a picture of he and his "brother" Yoda.... funny how they bring so much to our lives..!!!
My Al is 15, but quite a spry senior citizen. But he sleeps more and more each day, the older he gets.

SuzyQue
April 4th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Awwwww------what a sweet little story. I, too, have bookmarked your blog site. Wish my sleep number bed had such a special quilt! Someday...................

inspired
April 5th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I just read your story and I feel the love!!!! Enjoy your memories and that special little nest in the bed...Val

Divine Daisy
April 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Ah Jean, sorry I missed this post earlier. Lovely photo and lovely memories. My heart is with you

Jean Sewing Machine
April 5th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Ah Jean, sorry I missed this post earlier. Lovely photo and lovely memories. My heart is with you

And I have been thinking of you--and hoping things are getting better. I got two loads of Scottish wool yesterday in the mail, one package was mostly short pieces, but how cool--they have the names clans' tartan on them, like a little book of knowledge of Scottish clans. The other package had some longer pieces. I almost want to make something really unique with the little pieces, just don't know what yet.

Prayers to you guys, and give us an update on how things are going. You know you have a lot of fans on this forum who care about you a whole bunch! Give Seamus a pet for me!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 5th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Thank you all who posted on this thread, you made my day so full of love! I really appreciate all your kind messages!