PDA

View Full Version : Is it Wednesday already?

Blondie
April 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/to%20work%20with/Did_You_Say_Cookie-1.jpg

Happy Wednesday Folksies!

Once again, I want to say big thanks for the congrats on Eleanor Joy's birth. And Kizzie, I meant to add to you that you are SO RIGHT. The mom's are always neglected when the baby arrives. While the the kids were visiting a few weeks ago, my daughter and I gave her a baby shower. Half for baby, half for Mom. I told my son to make certain that he spoils both of them rotten - his reward will be total adoration and devotion.

Well, folksies, I am gong to attempt to get some things accomplished today. What a week ! Hubby home for spring break, grand babies being born, what's a girl to do? Hopefully I can focus a wee bit better today. Then there is always work tomorrow. Sigh.

Count your blessings today and smile!

MRoy
April 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Blondie! It's okay to not be so focused today...after all, you're a new Granny now. My DH was always a cool-headed, both feet on the ground, no-nonsense type of guy. When our grandson was born, that all went out the window. "Papaw" is a totally different person. The grands, and especially our grand-daughter, have him wrapped tightly around their little fingers and he loves every minute of it. Enjoy the new feelings!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

aliaslaceygreen
April 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Aww, Blondie, you made it through your first night as Grandma....you focused really good!!!
Eleanor Joy is beautiful, I know you are plotting on how soon you can head north!!!

I am off today...which means Birkenstocks so my poor toes have space ....quilt guild first thing, then tonight, after changing out to the summer clothes in the attic (ah, Timmy bet you didn't know I had plans for your day!!) we are having dinner with the kids, and doing Layla's first Easter tonight at Cracker Barrel...

Yay! I will hug my granddaughter on Eleanor's behalf!!

ginampls
April 4th, 2012, 08:53 AM
yeah, Elanor Joy, and wednesday to boot. i told mom my plan is to sew a bit today. soo hopefully she doesn't have planns for me.

my bedroom is a wreck from DD things. you know the loose stuff. books crayons and that. they need new homes.. in her new space.

i did a load of laundry done yesterday. and i was able to pay bills.. yeah.. i still have money.

Monique
April 4th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Another day, another dollar.

I visited with a good friend yesterday. It felt so good to be with her.

I started my medication this morning. We will see if I find any change.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

LynneLeavell
April 4th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Congrats on the new grandbaby. Spoil her rotten every chance you get. Still no sewing done. My sewing machine is going to hate me when I finally do get to sew. Oh well if you were in the terrible storms in Texas yesterday, hope everything is ok. Enjoy the nice weather, stay dry if you have rain and prayers going up for all. Have a great day.

CrazyMtnLady
April 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Good Morning all. I am sure the smile on Blondie's face is still as big as the sun and just as bright.
Monique hope you feel better soon.

I was just a lazy girl yesterday. I didn't do a single thing other than sit here at the computer working on my Family Tree. Which isn't easy since every link to census and information wants you to join the site. Which I will have to decide which one or two I want to join. Ancestery.com is just way to expensive. I need to join a site that covers England records for sure. I have been able to get back to a my Great-Great Grandparents on my mother's father's side. Then I hit a brick wall.

Today I really need to get busy on this housework. Company coming sometime next week or the weekend of the 13th. So I need to really get busy.

Prayers and hugs to all.

cyndiofthevortex
April 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,

Again, congrats to Blondie for the wonderful new addition to the family. New babies are swell.

Monique, I hope your body adjust quickly to the new meds and you don't flunk any more tests.

Donna, check with your local library if there's one near you to see if they subscribe to an ancestor registry. Ours does and it is free for us to use it.

I had a great day visiting with an old friend yesterday. We sat and talked and I got half of my Polka Dot Swap quilt binding hand stitched! Almost done! I also started a new tote yesterday. It's been so long since I've made one I feel like a rookie. But I need a new one and hopefully I'll keep this one. If a friend says she really likes it I will probably give it away. Isn't that what we do? I'll work on it some more today and post pics when I get it done. Other than that it's pre-Easter (He is Risen!) house cleaning time!

Cyndi

CrazyMtnLady
April 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the tip Cyndi. My problem is I would have to go 70 miles to get a good library. But maybe at some point I can find out where the library is in Springfield, MO and if my DH has some shopping to do at the tool stores he could drop me off while he shops.

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
New Grandmothers - wonderful!
New Mothers - wonderful!
New Babies - PRICELESS!!!

Talked into a wonderful day with a 3 and 5 year old today - our wonderful little Rita (the five-year-old) was complaining because the bigger girls all get to have the FUN!! So we're going to have FUN today. Nana is such a sucker for a pouting face. (Plus I do love those little arms that hug for all they are worth.)

Yesterday the three bigger girls had cooking school. I have mentioned that they are planning dinner for Mom and Dad's anniversary the end of May. Yesterday Em made her dessert - a chocolate mousse (I had bought instant packages and this seven-year-old decided that was too easy). She did a simple recipe after I convinced her that I didn't think she had the skills yet to make a cooked custard base . . . so melted chocolate and whipped cream and Man! It couldn't get chilled fast enough for her. It was delicious though. Michelle made her own salad dressing - from a recipe she selected. Al and I had it on salad for dinner and we were quite impressed with her execution and even choice of recipe. Sierra made her twice-baked potatoes and she made enough to share with Al and I for dinner and even tried them out here before taking some to Mom and Dad to share. They were fantastic and easily surpassed any I have ever had before. This was the first time they had all cooked in the kitchen without me hovering over them . . . all I had to do was remind them that they needed to clean up after themselves.

I did get to sit last night and started working on the binding of the silhouette quilt. I only have one side left to do, then tucking and clipping some threads on the back (and hoping some of the tucks and puckers don't show), and then it will get a good wash and it will hit the post office soon . . .

I'm concerned about Jan's little Emily . . . and I'm hoping to hear from her soon. I'm reluctant to call on the phone . . . I hate telephones with a passion. Sending hugs to HEAVEN and special prayers for her quick recovery - praying for remission. Thoughts and hugs, great concern for our wonderful British couple . . . Alison mentions how Stewart is doing but never really gets into how many times she's had to use her barf bucket. To Gayle - I have you in my prayers. And if everyone will just lift up a special request for our new family - Eleanor you are such a blessing.